Old 3rd February 2009, 19:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Are You A Good Cook ?

I think all of us are familiar with phrases like

BLAND INTERIORS
FRIED CLUTCH
SMOKED TIRES

etc..

but how good are you at cooking food ? how many of us can manage this important aspect of life well especially when the better half is not around or even when they are around ?

All though i was quite comfortable making tea, coffee and doing sundry jobs in the kitchen, full fledged cooking has never been attempted until recently ( rather a year now ) ..since i am a forced bachelor due to my better half having to take a break (!) from me for some health reasons.

being a vegetarian also means the options for eating out are quite limited unlike down south like Tamil Nadu or Karnataka which are vegetarian paradises as far as eating out is concerned

hence i ventured into unchartered territories with able guidance over email from my wife regarding various "simple" items that can be prepared at home

so please share your experience/experiments with cooking and your key learnings..

i am leaving you now with some pictures of something i made in December

the items are
1) potato fry - a spicy dish
2) the very south Indian rasam - the one here is tomato rasam - one of the more popular versions of rasam
3) some microwaved papads- very health alternative to frying in oil. infact it tastes almost as good as fried !
Attached Thumbnails
Are You A Good Cook ?-100_1592.jpg  

Are You A Good Cook ?-100_1593.jpg  

Are You A Good Cook ?-100_1594.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2009, 19:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thread exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-you-cook.html

Please do a search before you start a new one

Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed