Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 17:41   #1
BHPian

Birthday gift for 4 yr Toddler

My Sons 4th Birthday is around, ya its on 14th Feb, valentine day. I am confused what to give him this time. Thought of giving him some gaming device like PS3/X box/Wii, or some investment on his name or as you all suggest. Pour in some ideas please. I don't want to do investment this time, but want him to enjoy with something special. No budget atleast for him, if I like the idea. But no time for holidays
Old 6th February 2009, 17:46   #2
BANNED

4 Yr kids would love to go on a picnic.

Take a day off and take him to a picnic. Thats the best Birthday gift he can get, and dont forget to buy one remote controlled car
Old 6th February 2009, 17:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

A tricycle? Or maybe an auotmated car, one of those really fancy ones that he will not outgrow in just a couple of months.

manson.
Old 6th February 2009, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
4 Yr kids would love to go on a picnic.

Take a day off and take him to a picnic. Thats the best Birthday gift he can get, and dont forget to buy one remote controlled car
RC cars he has bunch of them, hardly allow them to work for 2-3 days and then something brakes. Picnic can think off, but not on 14th, you know why . I tried when he was 2, all places in Delhi are jam packed with pairs.
Old 6th February 2009, 20:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I tried when he was 2, all places in Delhi are jam packed with pairs.
even the kiddie places? where is the world heading?

seriously, all he needs is a good time and something to remember it later like a photo/video album. and kids don't care whether they have fun in disney world or the park beside your house.

I would say buy something that's popular in his friend's circle, he may like to show off to his friends. those robust offroad type trikes are a favourite at that age.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

If budget is not constraint try to buy on battery operated kids car. That starts from 8K onwards. You can get it in any mall.

I am actually decided to present my son on his 4th Birthday on 17th September this year. He loves this car like anything. On 2nd birthday I bought a Fisher Price car (non battery) and it is still there and he still loves it. On 3rd birthday also I gave him CAR , this time non Fisher Price, It is still there. These two car are only toys he kept in at least 75% original condition. Thanks to Fisher Price for its quality.

So, at least he is enjoying a new CAR every year, unlike his papa.
Old 6th February 2009, 21:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thought of giving him some gaming device like PS3/X box/Wii
Would not advice gaming console at this age better to teach him games on sites like uptoten.com.

You can buy him a casio keyboard or a puzzle set or a bike (I think 12 year old would need 12-inch one).
Old 6th February 2009, 22:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ Sam003 - Didn't you say you are getting the Innova on the 14th? Take your son for a long drive in the new car. PS3/XBox - Are there any games available for 4 year olds?
Old 6th February 2009, 22:21   #9
BHPian

A Wii. There are games he can enjoy. I have seen kids love bowling and tennis and even golf! And there are kid specific games available too. As a side benefit, you too can play once he is done

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
A tricycle? Or maybe an auotmated car, one of those really fancy ones that he will not outgrow in just a couple of months.

manson.
I'd say stay away from an RC car. no point as they can't control them very well and it'll stop working before he gets old enough to get a hang of it.

Or maybe a bike (not a trike! He is going to be 4). Get a small one with training wheels.

Last edited by mohit : 6th February 2009 at 22:22.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:24   #10
BHPian

Man, PS3/Xbox/Wii for a 4 yr old? OR is it to satisfy your unfinished dream??

In my opinion, get him those latest things which come on Cartoon Network. I am not sure if those pokeman or beyblade are still a fad, but they were a few years ago when my nephew was of that age and wanted only those beyblades. Can check with him on what is the hottest thing these days on CN and you could get him those + things of your choice!
Old 7th February 2009, 00:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Boys will be boys

My son loved:
His ATV - like a battery operated trike, 4 is the right age, they outgrow the ATVs pretty fast.

His bikes (he is onto his 2nd bicycle after outgrowing the first).

All his cars and planes, from those dinky toy types to the RC ones. (4 is a bit too young for the RC planes).

His RC boats are fun too - if you have access to a water body

But most of all he loves an outing with me. (14th is a Saturday so go out for a drive and hit a green spot without the couples!)

Cheers
Old 7th February 2009, 02:32   #12
BANNED

The Wii is much better than the PS3 or Xbox. It makes you get out of the couch, and playing does not have to deal with a lot of tiny button coordination.
My 6yr old son and all his friends beat their dads and most people their dad's age. So be prepared to lose the battles.
Old 7th February 2009, 08:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Introduce him to a well built bike - cycling is something that'll start a healthy lifestyle forever. Get a decent lightweight Firefox or similar. My son started when he was four, and has a new Demon now!
Old 7th February 2009, 08:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Gift him a good automobile magazine and worldcar magazinne. He will enjoy those books and start doing what men are suppossed to do - love automobiles.

Also you can introduce some computer book to him.
Old 7th February 2009, 13:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Sons 4th Birthday is around, ya its on 14th Feb, valentine day. I am confused what to give him this time. Thought of giving him some gaming device like PS3/X box/Wii, or some investment on his name or as you all suggest. Pour in some ideas please. I don't want to do investment this time, but want him to enjoy with something special. No budget atleast for him, if I like the idea. But no time for holidays

How about a trip to the Delhi Zoo near Purana Quila ??

Most kids love the wild animals.

Most Viewed