Team-BHP - 2 days - 2 accidents - 2 deaths - Drinking in pubs and then driving
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   2 days - 2 accidents - 2 deaths - Drinking in pubs and then driving (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/53090-2-days-2-accidents-2-deaths-drinking-pubs-then-driving.html)

Quote:

In passenger seat, 24-yr-old dies in Mandir Marg car crash

In an accident reminiscent of Wednesday night’s crash at Chanakyapuri, a 24-year-old man died and four others were injured when their car rammed into a tree at Mandir Marg on Thursday night.

In the Chanakyapuri accident, an executive working with Red FM was killed while three others in the car were injured. In both incidents, the person sitting on the front passenger seat died.

Like the Chanakyapuri incident, police said the five involved in last night’s mishap were also returning from a pub and that they could have been under the influence of alcohol when their Opel Astra smashed into a tree. The police said the accident occurred at 1.25 am; the five men were at the time allegedly racing with another car.

The deceased has been identified as Salim, 24. The injured are Abdul Rehman (34), Mohammad Wasim (24), Wasim (18) and Abid (28). Abdul Rehman was reported to be behind the wheels. All five are residents of Sadar Bazar in Old Delhi.
Returning from pub, youth dies in mishap-Delhi-Cities-The Times of India
Liquor, speed mix claims another life

When will people learn?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 1161902)
When will people learn?

Never!
Till what time are pubs open in Delhi, btw?

I think there should be stricter policing with breathalyser tests, and at least overnight imprisonment (non-bailable). people will have to learn if not for the love of their life then for the love of their freedom. We did see alot of checking a few weeks or i should say months back but then again it was only around the India gate area!
Atleast on weekends there should be a stricter check and people would start to fear that, only way to make these people behave responsibly.

Its these people who think they are still fit to drive after excessive drinking that gives rise to unheard of terms like "pub Culture" i mean if i go to a pub with a driver and drink responsibly once in a blue moon i don't see myself following any culture! its stuff like this that gives fuel to hooligans such as the "Sri Ram sena" . Can't believe people can do such outrageous things in the name of god! Sad.....

In Kerala, the police stations themselves a few hundred meters away from a Bar / watering hole to catch drunken driving. Of course, "smart" watering hole owners ensure that there is no police presence anywhere close by.

Really sad, i guess people never learn, especially at that age, it is just the experience that teaches them.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
Pubs or no pubs - delhi walas will drink and drive.

There are 100x more people who sit in gurgaon at govt approved "ahatas" and then drive!

Let's not bring pubs into it.

Sorry to sound harsh. I think the grave is the correct destination for drunken driving. Nothing less!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 1162002)
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
Pubs or no pubs - delhi walas will drink and drive.

There are 100x more people who sit in gurgaon at govt approved "ahatas" and then drive!

Let's not bring pubs into it.

Arre bhai i was only wondering. The pubs here in Bangalore start closing by 10:30 (last order saar!!). And its very :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1162014)
Arre bhai i was only wondering. The pubs here in Bangalore start closing by 10:30 (last order saar!!). And its very :Frustrati

And all Pubs will down there shutters within 11.30 pm. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed0mania (Post 1161933)
I think there should be stricter policing with breathalyser tests, and at least overnight imprisonment

Mumbai police have become quite good in this aspect. That has had very positive impact on number of incidents due to drunken driving.

They even have a web page that lists name of everyone jailed for drunken driving.

Drinking and Driving is always bad.
Whenever we go out for such outings, we are always accompanied by 1 or 2 people who do not drink. So that no such mishaps happen. But some people never understand.

Damn.

One of the cars involved in the fatal accident was (I think) an Opel Astra. It had sports and other such racing stickers and paint all over it. They were alleged to be racing in the night.

why are we cursing pub walla's. Majority of india drinks in ahata's. In Delhi still it is difficult to find but just cross the border on delhi chandigarh highway you will find liqour shops right on national highway. In Chandigarh City alone there around 10 Liqourshops with Taverns within 15 km and that on national highway connecting delhi to ropar through Mohali. You can very well imagine the safety of people on highways especially at night.
This is the situation on highways forget about scene in city. There are on avg. 3 liqour vends in each sector with in city . A sector comprises of minimum of around 3000 houses if no more.
Our country is running RAM BHAROSE guys!