Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2005, 16:15   #61
Senior - BHPian

To add one-

Employees take a break for smoke in the car parking area. While discussing they lean their body on the car and will rest one of their folded legs into the bumber or on the doors of the cars ( I found that most of the guys who do like this does not own cars).

It is difficult to tell them not to do so. The better thing is to leave that place instead of breaking our heads till he moves away from that place.
Old 29th June 2005, 17:06   #62
BHPian

Also, avoid getting naughty children seated on the front seat. Once my wife's young cousin dropped a 5 ruppee coin in my esteem's ac vent near the wind shield.
After that, everytime i turned my car i could hear the coin slide. Had to pay 500 bucks as labor charges to get the coin out.
Old 29th June 2005, 21:32   #63
BHPian

I hate:

People who get inside the car spoling the carpet.
Eating snacks inside the car and spilling all over.
Opening lunch box or lays chips inside the car and making the car smell.
Children playing with the controls.
Giving to lift to friend's frinend's friends (happens at times)
People who turn the AC went to wards the window glass.
Friends who keep changing channels, CDs
Who ask car to go for a project party or to fetch some one from aiport, railway station
Who are used to a M800 or something and shift gears like they are gonna break it.
When there is no shade and safe place to park the car.
2/3 wheelers who look like always making a dent or a scratch.
etc.,etc.,
Old 29th June 2005, 21:33   #64
BHPian

btw how to change the display name. my nick looks less serious in this forum! :-(
Old 29th June 2005, 21:42   #65
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spending the entire afternoon cleaning alloy wheels, and then having some smart alec tell you "Whats the point, they are going to get dirty anyways?". I mean, dont they shower every day then?
Same thing abt the tyres. I give them the same showering explanation then .

Also friends get pissed when you take a longer route just to avoid dirty/mucky roads.

You also get irritated when people move their hands over ur car/bike just after you have polished it "Wow. The paint is sooo smooth"
Old 25th October 2005, 15:14   #66
BANNED

Wow!

Finally!!! A group of men and women who think like me My Neighbor tells me not to get married as my wife would burn down my car seeing the way I care for it. My family and friends think I am mad when it comes to taking care of/ maintaining my car I don't care what people think, even if I owned a moped, I would love it more than I love myself

If I owned an AK-47 I would shoot any damn bird that s**ts on cars.
Old 25th October 2005, 16:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
If I owned an AK-47 I would shoot any damn bird that s**ts on cars.
Its always a trade-off.. you either park it in hot sun or take the beating :-). But yes, I also get upset with that... My apartment complex has atleast a 100 doves.. now imagine
Old 25th October 2005, 17:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

and another thing that pisses me off is people want to smoke when in the car even after saying a polite NO.....!

And they are not careful enough to keep a watch on the cigarette ends so that they dont burn my leathers.....

And i dont like them touching my stereo, my a/c, and peeking into the glove/storage compartment, slamming the doors shut, adjusting the mirror to set their stupid hairdo..... playing like a kid with the power windows etc....
Old 26th October 2005, 15:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne
Say "sorry" to the car after crashing into a pothole you didn't see. As a means to make up, you wax the alloys that night.
Red-One
i've done that a lot of times and made my family wonder what the heck it is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
That urge to drag and challenge a higher spec car when u have a big stretch of empty road ahead of u till the next signal.
The High u get when u have not been overtaken by a single vehicle on ur highway trips.
Hurry Home
done it so many times and would do it for ever, makes us think what kind of a nut is driving such a car!!! and as soon as the other car wizzes past, it -like- gives you goosebumps, and ask god to spare a few more horses!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
To add one-
Employees take a break for smoke in the car parking area. While discussing they lean their body on the car and will rest one of their folded legs into the bumber or on the doors of the cars ( I found that most of the guys who do like this does not own cars).
It is difficult to tell them not to do so. The better thing is to leave that place instead of breaking our heads till he moves away from that place.
i've got a solution for that one, go to your car with a serious look in your face, open the doors, go through your glove compartment or pretend like you are searching something, look lost!!! and walk back!!! works all the time ....
things here fit a petrol head to the T... ha how i used to love my bike, but then that's another story!!!
ak
Old 5th November 2005, 00:53   #70
BHPian

Man !!!All men are the same right??
All of them sound true..
Specially

Finding the right petrol station.
When you get your car/bike back from the mechanic and when something just doesn't just seem right.

And one more!!
These mechanics just can't seem to find the problem/or hear that
annoying sound only u can hear!
Old 5th November 2005, 01:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

How about skipping a heart beat when a stupid rx100 fellow takes a close turn right next to your well polished front bumper??

How about switching off the music system to feel the vibrations when someone leans on your car at signals??

How about standing a little far away and observing few guys standing close to the car....and waiting till they touch your car snd you go fuming with the worlds best curses on your tongue??

How bout closing your rear view mirrors in a traffic fearing that some bloody cyclist would nick it??

How about pushing the front passenger sit back when someone gets in, to avoid him banging his leg against the under dash area or the side frame??

How about holding the door when someone shuts it and closing it yourself to avoid a thudddd??

How about letting the 10kmph scooter fellow pass during rains to avoid splashing on your car??

How about slowly wiping the area on the hood where mom kept her hand while talking to the neighbors??

How about taking the family car instead of yours to drop your aunt who stays in an area with bad roads??

How about telling your girlfren that you are working on a presentation while you actualy are posting a mail on Tbhp??

How about getting your fingers cut while cleaning the gaps of your allow wheels?? and you still wouldnt mind a bit!!

How about asking your girlfren to watchout when she gets into the car with high pencil heels so that she doesnt bang her leg against the floor frame and pretending you care about her leg getting hurt!!

The list of crazyness is endless........ MEN are MEN Goddamn it

Last edited by The Wolf : 5th November 2005 at 01:38.
Old 5th November 2005, 05:12   #72
BHPian

no one in my house is allowed to touch or drive my car(plus they are scared to do so coz i get really mad if something goes wrong wid it)

only one driver is allowed to clean it so that i can kill him if its dirty...lol

i get my car serviced every 3months or 5000k.m which ever is 1st.

i hate to give money to the beggars but sometimes to save my car from them i give them money just to get rid of them coz they start cleaning, banging, & other crazy stuff wid ur car
Old 5th November 2005, 06:58   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
You spend thousands on car care products but don’t seem to notice the mess in your house.
Had a nasty fight last evening because of this. Rtech, I think you can see that.
Old 7th November 2005, 13:11   #74
BHPian

i dont know if anyone does that .. but whenever somes eatin food in my car specially chicken see to it the windows are open so my leathers sweet fragrance remains fresh....
Old 7th November 2005, 13:35   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Had a nasty fight last evening because of this. Rtech, I think you can see that.
hmm..maybe you should fight back holdin certain yogic paraphernalia as hostage!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks