Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2005, 15:11   #76
BHPian

my only concern WAS when the stupid mechanic slammed the hood when all thats required is a gentle press. And i have made it a point to shut the hood myself and yeah use of polythene sheet all over front seat, handbrake, steering, left side door and center mirror. by doing this the mechanic knows that i dont like those greasy HSD hands and overalls in the car, so he takes care learnt it the hard way.
Old 7th November 2005, 21:07   #77
BHPian

hey this happens to me all the time
Old 7th November 2005, 21:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

Think abt when

1.When someone says "I'll take the wheel!"
2.When someone gets all the dirt from outside into the car on a rainy day
3.When u hear small unusual noises from the engine or any other part.
4.When u see a small scratch after u come back to the parking lot
5.When people eat/drink in the car and spill it all around
6.When someone sits on top of the bonnet when the car is parked
7.How u'll always wait for hrs to get ur car serviced/cleaned..and still find some dirt
8.When someone slams into u, and starts shoutin at the top of his voice in the middle of the road
9.When people always play with the gear liver and adjust the driver's seat
10.And in the end, when they say "Hey this is just like every other car" after u've been working so hard to get that special touch

Last edited by karthik247 : 7th November 2005 at 21:56.
Old 8th November 2005, 00:18   #79
BHPian

WILL ANSWER IN CAPS PLS.

SOME GOOD REASONS "WHY YOU SHOULD DRIVE IN THE MIDDLE EAST" IN REPLY TO YOUR POINTS

YOU JUST SAY "NO" BECAUSE IF HE CRASHES UR INSURANCE PREMIUM INCREASES.

2.When someone gets all the dirt from outside into the car on a rainy day
IT RARELY RAINS.

3.When u hear small unusual noises from the engine or any other part.
HAPPENS BUT THIS TOO IS VERY LESS DUE TO GOOD SERVICE STATIONS.

4.When u see a small scratch after u come back to the parking lot
IT IS A REAL PITY AND HAPPENS QUITE OFTEN.

5.When people eat/drink in the car and spill it all around
THERE ARE MANY SUCH PATHETIC PEOPLE HERE WHO DO SUCH THINGS.

6.When someone sits on top of the bonnet when the car is parked
NEVER HAPPENS AND DONT GET ME WRONG BUT MANY TIMES I HAVE SEEN MY COUNTRYMEN LEANING ON THE CAR THOUGH NOT SITTING ON THE BONNET.

7.How u'll always wait for hrs to get ur car serviced/cleaned..and still find some dirt
BEING IN A DESSERT COUNTRY U SELDOM FIND SAND IN THE CAR UNLESS U GO TO THE BEACH.

8.When someone slams into u, and starts shoutin at the top of his voice in the middle of the road
YOU RARELY GET SHOUTS BUT WHEN YOU DO GET THE SHOUTIN JUST PULL UP THE WINDOWS, CENTRAL LOCK IT AND IF THE ENGINE IS IN RUNNING CONDITION TURN ON THE A/c AND WAIT FOR THE COP - OH AND YEAH U CAN DO THIS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD IN SOME GCC COUNTRIES.

9.When people always play with the gear liver and adjust the driver's seat
THESE ARE THE UNLICENCED GUYS / GALS WHICH U WONT FIND HERE (M.EAST) FOR FEAR OF BEING CAUGHT WITHOUT A LICENCE IN THE DRIVERS SEAT (EVEN IF THE VEHICLE IS STATIONERY).

10.And in the end, when they say "Hey this is just like every other car" after u've been working so hard to get that special touch
OH YEAH YOU WILL FIND MANY ALL OVER THE WORLD.
[/quote]
Old 8th November 2005, 00:53   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
It sucks!

You get excited every Friday morning when the auto-classifieds come out as you keep looking for that one car/bike you always wanted and this just might be the day.
I can totally relate with this one ... must say , its like a habit now...even if I am NOT looking for any car/bike .

Good to know that I am not the only one around.

Amen to all of US.
Old 8th March 2006, 12:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Getting this thread running as part of Retro week for those who might have missed it
Old 26th December 2006, 18:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

I am not alone!

Chanced upon this thread when digging through old posts (There are not many new posts this holiday season ).
Glad to see that I am not alone.

I hate to find the seat and rvm settings changed when the car is back from service. Have to spend 5 min to set everything back to normal and get going. Hope the cars come with an "Undo" option.... like computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Think abt when

I dread this question

Wishing you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Old 27th December 2006, 16:40   #83
elf
BANNED

Love watching & listening to the car drive away to view it at different angles when taken by a valet (trusted ones only), as nobody else gets to drive it & I can never see my car / wheels in motion otherwise.

Hate it when the valet brings it back with your seat set exactly as you left it, but then stops the car in front of you & pushes the seat back all the way so you can get in easier & thus tip him for his 'thoughtfulness'.
Old 3rd April 2007, 12:34   #84
Team-BHP Support

...it sucks having to see fellow members packing off to a distant (or not so distant) country to watch a F1 race and have a rockin party while us folk are stuck at work!
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I
You get excited every Friday morning when the auto-classifieds come out as you keep looking for that one car/bike you always wanted and this just might be the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica View Post
I can totally relate with this one ... must say , its like a habit now...even if I am NOT looking for any car/bike .

Good to know that I am not the only one around.

Amen to all of US.
Add me to that list. I love to go through the Classifieds in The Hindu with a fine tooth comb every sunday morning before i brush my teeth. Just to know the kind of cars on sale & the prices quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Love watching & listening to the car drive away to view it at different angles when taken by a valet (trusted ones only), as nobody else gets to drive it & I can never see my car / wheels in motion otherwise.
Yeah, i like to see my vehicle being driven too. I only let my mechanic to do that.
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Good to see this thread revived A couple more from me

You cover your car everyday on reaching work and take it off in the evenings so that you want it to be as good looking when you took it out in the morning avoiding the bird dropping

You are sitting with friends chatting but still have your eye on your car in front of you checking to see if kids are playing hide and seek behind and around your car
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:24   #87
Team-BHP Support

You do not like people leaning against your car.
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:28   #88
Senior - BHPian

Your friend has just started smoking a ciggy when u have leave to go someplace in your car and you have him extinguish the ciggy and get in ie no smoking in the car window open or not
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:28   #89
BHPian

Besides all the points mentioned in the thread, there's one thing i'd like to add..

When I was returning back to Pune with EVO6 in his audi from our latest drive to amby valley, we were getting thumbs up from passerbys and kids were oogling out of their widows to catch a glimpse of the car!
Even though it wasnt my car, I felt proud sitting in it.. It was a feel good factor, and just at that time EVO told me "it feels soo good when people appreciate your car, its the best part!"

and then, we stopped on the way to wait for the other guys to catch up, when a bus loaded with people stopped on the opposite side of the road..
Some guys, got off the bus and came to the car, the started taking all sorts of funny pictures with the car, leaning against it, kissing it..
one almost sat on the bonnet, there were 5 ppl leaning on the car and taking pics, and all this when we were sitting inside.. It got embarrasing and I really felt like whacking off those idiots..
Old 3rd April 2007, 14:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

You guys had no business to show off your car in front of bus passengers from a rural district. LOL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks