Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2012, 10:42   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: Life's like that: Real life anecdotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In the 90s and before, lots of Indian managers had this disease of trying to overly please the clients. Often they didn't realise they were having the opposite effect. I don't know whether this is still prevalent, I left Indian corporate world in 1998.

The truth was, had I told the customer that the Indian team worked through the holidays, they would not have liked it. They would have wondered whether we were running a sweat shop.
Yes these kind of people still exist. I work for one such manager. I never budge to him though.
I don't know, where this kind of behavior or thinking comes from. Any clues ?
Old 29th April 2012, 12:43   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
^ damn, that was so in-your-face! do you have a picture of your face when he said that?
Thank God no one took a picture of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Haha reminds me of the Bruce Wayne of Batman Begins when he casually answers 'I own the place'.
That's exactly how it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Suhaas that was hilarious.

You know what, though...the guy would probably have earned more brownie points if he had smiled and apologised instead of "looking irritated". It's the service industry after all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Well said. Thats what even I was thinking. If the guy had actually gone to the queue, he would have earned much more respect.
But then I wonder, how would one have known that he was the owner!
Yeah, service industry shmervice industry. It doesn't matter to him. He's driving a X5 and his hotel was brimming with cars and customers. One less person would actually be a good thing!

You guys should have seen how efficiently the parking attendants went about it for 10 minutes when the boss had arrived. Everyone just stopped in their tracks. This guy just went in straight (after everyone reversed out of his way) and he parked it like it he was parking a Maruti 800!

I was actually a little impressed!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd May 2012 at 12:55. Reason: Edited the slang. Thank you for the RP livyodream :)
Old 29th April 2012, 12:57   #393
Senior - BHPian

^^This incident of yours reminds me of a joke where a guy was trying to pass a huge que/crowd to reach a close ration store but the crowd was not allowing him to do so. In the end he get really annoyed and announced "Mat jaane do mujhe, dukaan hi nahi kholunga may". (Translation: Don't let me pass, I won't open the store.)

The guy was the owner of the store.
Old 1st May 2012, 18:51   #394
Senior - BHPian

Your neighbor screaming to your wife on top of his lungs, "take the top off! take the top off!" is that that bad if you consider the fact that she is driving her new convertible with the top up on a sunny day.
Old 1st May 2012, 19:39   #395
BHPian

This happened few weeks back at my office. One of my colleague had got some chocolates from his recent official trip aboard and had arranged them in Pantry, considering many folks in office would be able to grab few of Chocolates.

To inform all about this arrangement to fellow employees at our facility, he sends a mail to group distribution list of all employees in the facility.

"Dear All,
I have bought few chocolates from US and have placed them in pant(R)y. Please help yourself's."

He sends this mail to all. (Note: he missed letter (R) in Pantry)

I reached office late and was checking my mails and was surprised at this mistype. The fact is it took almost 30 mins for someone going at his desk to inform him about the mistype and finally he retrieved mail from his mail to all senders, but by then the damage had been done.

He felt very embarrassed.
Old 1st May 2012, 19:57   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
He sends this mail to all. (Note: he missed letter (R) in Pantry)
If it was a she instead of a he then
Old 10th May 2012, 09:41   #397
Senior - BHPian

Me, my wifey and my friend went to watch Avengers. My wifey is not quite into super heroes and just came along with us as she was getting bored at home.

Midway through the movie, she was trying to map the characters.

Her: Ok, I know Iron Man and I know the green one, he is Shrek! But who is the one with the bow and arrow???

Me: SHREK???

My friend: Shrek??? Aaahhh, and the one with the bow and arrow is Arjun!

Timing I say! Never the less, she loved Hulk the most in the movie.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:41   #398
Senior - BHPian

Shrek!! Arjun!

i hope no one besides you and your friend heard that!
Old 10th May 2012, 14:26   #399
Senior - BHPian

Shrek was still OK. Arjun. ROFL
Old 10th May 2012, 18:02   #400
BHPian

This happened a few months ago.

I called a friend of mine who was working in one of the telecom companies whose license was cancelled by the Supreme Court.

Me: "Hey, how are you guys going to function without a license"
Pat came the reply: "What's the problem? Don't people in India drive vehicles without license? Waise hi yeh company bhi chalegi!"
Old 12th May 2012, 08:54   #401
Team-BHP Support

I was filling one of the forms necessary for the US visa.

Among the entries under the "Country in which you were born" drop-down menu, guess what one option was....

"in the air"
Old 12th May 2012, 09:13   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Among the entries under the "Country in which you were born" drop-down menu, guess what one option was....

"in the air"
Something funny ? Translated, it means, international air space. Note, This is different from citizenship. There are rules for citizenship even for people born in international territory - air space or high seas.
Old 12th May 2012, 09:20   #403
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Something funny ? Translated, it means, international air space. Note, This is different from citizenship. There are rules for citizenship even for people born in international territory - air space or high seas.
Thank you for breaking the bubble Sir.

Of course, I knew what it meant.

I bet there are many such instances on this thread itself where the meaning of things is actually very sensible but it just sounds funny.

How about we leave it at that? If you start dissecting everything, I'm sure there'd hardly be any fun left.
Old 12th May 2012, 09:51   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

@Libranof1987, I agree that it does sound funny by itself .. didnt mean to take the fun out, but just wanted to say that there is such a possibility. Wasnt meant for you as much as a general comment ..
Old 24th May 2012, 21:08   #405
BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

I saw this from the basement of my apartment. Two guys were in a new white Honda Activa and it was stickered all over with black spots making it look similar to a dalmatian. On the front panel was sticker of a alsatian dog face.

The streetdogs were barking and chasing it and overall creating a ruckus and the other road users having a good laugh at the bikers expense. Their faces looked as if don't know where to hide.

I hope I have been able to convey the scene to the readers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks