Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 12:43   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
YOu dont get the point do you? There govt land 300 metres down the road. Instead of using that for the station, they want to displace dozens of people.
You should read up on SEZ's and the land acqusition undertaken under that or the Narmada Project. Forget a few dozen individuals under the above 2 a few hundres villages have been destroyed.

Of course they could have shifted them a few hundred kilometers into the thar desert where no one gets affected. But then...
Old 13th February 2009, 12:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
YOu dont get the point do you? There govt land 300 metres down the road. Instead of using that for the station, they want to displace dozens of people.
Well I am sorry. I know what it should be like. We lost some land in the ongoing golden quadrilateral too.

I was just responding to people who think that all such things are wasteful and corrupt. I don't know the details of this case and don't want to talk about that.

Remember that lot of the people posting here are doing so sitting in acquired land displacing rural people. We understand only when it hits us.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:56   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
We need big publicity and outcry to stop this rape of our Garden city , I am willing to participate if there is an organised revolt against demolishing this scenic route.
Watch your 'language' sir otherwise the COP (Chicago Oral Police) may catch you.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It would be interesting to hear the Metro's case for not using this land. Can you get their side of the argument? Is the Metro track going through this piece of land? is it possible that for a station to be built there, the tracks would have needed a 90 degree turn in them??
Old 13th February 2009, 14:07   #35
Team-BHP Support

They probably would say that the city needs parks and greenery etc. It is(was ?) the city of Gardens after all !!
Old 13th February 2009, 14:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
They probably would say that the city needs parks and greenery etc. It is(was ?) the city of Gardens after all !!
If that satisfied the judiciary, then i am in full agreement with Nikhil.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:14   #37
BANNED

Firstly,

Guys, Bangalore is a fast developing city, with hordes of people converging into the city day in and day out. The city has outgrown itself because of this influx.

As a result of which the Development authorities have started to carry on some infrastructurial changes. These changes are a real necessity , and would help the city to cope up for the coming future.

We must not crib about it. Chill out and lets pray that this beautiful Garden City of ours be developed.

And lets not loose hope on our Country, after all we are eating our daily bread because of this country.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil very unfortunate!

What our government lacks is PLANNIG and foresightedness, one of the examples is the trees being cut to make the road wider in many places they could have avoided cutting in both the sides. NH48 is a good example.

Unfortunately with power rested with monkeys we cant do much or we are trying at all:(
Old 13th February 2009, 14:18   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Firstly,

Guys, Bangalore is a fast developing city, with hordes of people converging into the city day in and day out. The city has outgrown itself because of this influx.

As a result of which the Development authorities have started to carry on some infrastructurial changes. These changes are a real necessity , and would help the city to cope up for the coming future.

We must not crib about it. Chill out and lets pray that this beautiful Garden City of ours be developed.

And lets not loose hope on our Country, after all we are eating our daily bread because of this country.
I can understand this feeling well, but I am curious to know how many years you've been in bangalore?

The city should grow and develop but should it also mean losing its basic character?
Old 13th February 2009, 14:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

On the P.H. Road here in chennai, we are waiting for the 4 laning to be completed for the last 6 years. It is a N.H that leads to Bangalore, but due to innumerable disputes and stays, nothing has happened so far & a lot of us have to spend an extra 25-45 minutes of our time everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
getting stay orders and wasting the judiciary's time is our country's favourite pastime.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can understand this feeling well, but I am curious to know how many years you've been in bangalore?
Hows that relevant to what Pavan has said? If you are going to say that Bangalore of 10 years back was different, then save it. No growing city stays the same.

Quote:
The city should grow and develop but should it also mean losing its basic character?
Development always comes at a cost. Either you move with it or you lose it.
Its not the gardens, buildings and roads that define the basic character of a city. Its the people of the city.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:28   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
On the P.H. Road here in chennai, we are waiting for the 4 laning to be completed for the last 6 years. It is a N.H that leads to Bangalore, but due to innumerable disputes and stays, nothing has happened so far & a lot of us have to spend an extra 25-45 minutes of our time everyday.

Yeah, it always is the same case every where in our country. These good for nothing govt officials do poor planning during the initial stages and start the work without listening to any objection and then it gets stuck due to some or the other litigation.
They should be imprisoned for wasting public money and time of the citizens.

These projects are big and require good commitment, planning and understanding from the govt and the people it will benefit but who's got the time for all that kind of non-sense, they need kickbacks so give the green signal as quickly as possible to the best briber and let the country go to hell
Old 13th February 2009, 14:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

In most of the countries, the Government Plan and Execute projects.

In our country, the government Executes first and then Plans!
Old 13th February 2009, 14:54   #44
BHPian

Nikhil i know how you must be feeling . My uncles software firm which is in the same building as kalyani motors on Mysore has already been destroyed due to metro project , then entire conference room and also the servers had to be shifted.
Old 13th February 2009, 15:02   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
In most of the countries, the Government Plan and Execute projects.

In our country, the government Executes first and then Plans!
Thats because during the so called planning and design phase they do nothing.

Nikhil - extremely sorry to hear this man!! hope you can convince the landlord to fight in SC and get the situation back in control or atleast get a large compensation (i know there is no compensation for feelings and memories you and your employees have with the place)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks