Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 00:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Nikhil, just a suggestion, why don't you start a shop in Bangalore East (Cox Town, Frazer town area).

There is no good tyre & WA shop this side.

It will be convenient for people like me who have to drive down to City centre to get the WA etc done (I normally visit your shop near Richmond Circle).
Finney, you evidently don't know your own locality very well. Vijay Wheel Alignment is situated on St John's Church Road in Frazer Town. They are pretty well known.

Nikhil, if budgets permit, may I suggest IRR/Indiranagar? Sai Iyengar's service is godawful and pathetic -- from personal experience -- and they could do with some stiff competition.
Old 15th February 2009, 14:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

As v1p3r mentioned it would be a good idea to set shop around Indiranagar, along with my options which i had given in my previous message. you can think of these places.

Bhimanagar, old airport rd ....
Old 15th February 2009, 17:03   #63
BHPian

I never understood how governments take decisions. The area I live in used to be a peaceful residential area. It's now a chaotic mess thanks largely to the greedy officials/local politicians who can go any extent to bend the rules to fill their pockets.

And now this so called "Namma" metro. I know even a few people who had to give up their homes - some of them retired and living on pensions. Where on earth would they go even if the government gave them some compensation in return?

After all the hardship people suffer I sincerely hope the metro will be a practical solution unlike the several illogically planned flyovers/underpasses of Bangalore.
Old 15th February 2009, 18:27   #64
BHPian

Sentiments apart, I think Bangalore badly needs a fast rapid mass transport system. Metro has been selected for this & it better be implemented by 2012 as planned. If everyone has a complaint about it - impacting them in ome way or the other, - this big a project will never progress and see the light of completion.

I have heard that the compensation is not great, but I wont believe that it is very bad. All widening activities are usually compensated well, esp in Bangalore where the govt. regulated prices are "closer" - compared to other cities - to market values after the recent govt revisions as govt. stands to gain more in terms of reg. amout, taxes etc.
Old 15th February 2009, 19:19   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks vip3r and lohith. We are looking at many options right now. All three of us(Dad, mom and me) will have to make a decision keeping many things in mind. Thanks for the support.
Old 15th February 2009, 20:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Do you think maybe:

1.) ....some of the landlords are in the "wrong" political party?

2.) ....the officials are hoping to be persuaded by means
other than logic....$$$$$ ?
Old 16th February 2009, 01:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your troubles Nikhil.

Besides the other advice given here. There are a few things that you can do rightaway.

Please check to see whether you were given notice by the Metro/Govt/Municipality. You are entitled to a notice if you are the occupier.

If no notice was given, the land acquisition proceedings can be challenged on that ground.

If you were not made a party to the case in the HC - maybe you can challenge the decision for being bad due to non-joinder of necessary parties.

You should have filed a petition before the HC. Never too late, you can still approach the SC against the judgement of the HC.

Have you considered having all the employees in the building file a petition in the HC saying that their right to livelihood is at stake?

You can perhaps also file a petition now. Your chances look pretty good, I cannot of course comment unless I see the alignment of the Metro and the proposed station as well as other documents.

I have come across cases where the owners of the property have preferred the property to be acquired as the same were dilapidated and/or fetching unremunerative rents. I hope that the same is not true in your case.

Look for a good lawyer in your town, maybe one of your customers / a TBHPian.

Let us not presume that the HC rejected your point of view. AFAIK you have not put your points of view across to the HC - loss of livelihood, availability of alternate land in vicinity etc. For all you know the landlords argued only for Rs.100/- instead of Rs.10/- as compensation.

The courts are normally against land acquisition and in favour of the owners / occupiers. That being said, if the use of alternate land requires major re-alignmnet of the rail/road lines, the Courts will not agree to it.

Cheers and wishing you all the best,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks