Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2009, 20:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

No hope for this country. Part II

First of Sorry Nikhil for stealing your heading.

I don't know if this incident is of utmost importance of not, but i felt disgusting on our system. Please decided on your own.

Yesterday I was waiting for a train Ahm-SJ Rajdhani on PF.No1 of New Delhi railway Station.
While I was waiting my eyes went on two policewala who was entrusted with the entrance security and they were busy negotiating a bribe with a passenger who had sizeable amount of luggage. While they were busy with that passenger many passed through the gate un-noticed without any security checks. Havn't they learn after what happened in Mumbai etc.

Then the train was finally on platform, I was busy myself boarding it. Later I saw the same man on my coach B4, I asked 'bhai sahab kya hua tha'. He told me that they were asking Rs.100/- but finally it was settled for one packet of sweet that was in my bag.

Funny huh! Cost of security of passenger rest on those thugs for what a kg of sweet or Rs.100.

I mailed this incident to railway too.

Contrast to this the security at DMR seemed much assuring and professionally done by CISF. Why not railway is also handed over to CISF, instead of those worthless GRP or RPF.

and why is there no baggage scanner installed at station like airports, Every body knows railway is earning multi crores.

Last edited by SirAlec : 15th February 2009 at 20:48.
Old 15th February 2009, 21:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Please dont apologise for "stealing" my title!

About the incident, it is pathetic, but is the case EVERYWHERE. As I have said before, there is no value for human life here. So what if 200 people are killed? Our security people still dont learn. They should have learnt right after 13th december 2001. After that, we have had a dozen other attacks. There is outrage initially and then it all dies down.

When I talk abt value for human life, it applies everywhere else also. No cop responds if there is an accident and the person is critically injured. There is no proper ambulance system to take patients to hospitals asap. Many hospitals reject the patients.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:40   #3
BHPian

Mera Bharath Mahan! We will never improve.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:07   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
When I talk abt value for human life, it applies everywhere else also. No cop responds if there is an accident and the person is critically injured. There is no proper ambulance system to take patients to hospitals asap. Many hospitals reject the patients.
You are talking about responding... Thats far from the real ugly side.
1st of all, if you try to be a good citizen and help anyone injured in an accident, you face 100 hurdles. On top of that, you are treated like a suspect.

Now, coming to the responding part of it, cops come to most accident spots pretty quickly because they want to earn some money. They give a d!@m if someone is injured or can be saved or helped by rushing them to the hospital.
Ive seen an accident wherein a BEST Bus had hit a guy on a bike and the cops where standing there doing some questioning whereas the biker was just lying there next to the bus in a pool of his own blood No one was bothered to help him or get him to a hospital. He just lay there!!!
I dint see the accident happen but reached the spot while i was driving. The guy was probably dead by then and the cops dint allow any of us near him, let alone help the poor soul. May his soul rest in piece.

Though i dont blame the cops for everything but one thing is for sure, they do not care for human life unless it is someone they care for & the term humanity has been erased from the dictionary of all indian cops wayyyy back.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

@sirAlec:

At least Delhi platform has policewallah. In vadodara platform no. 6, its just nothing present anywhere. I have traveled to A'bad with respect to project and realized what was it. Anybody can come in park their vehicle and do what they want to do. Very very easy. They can climb on platform no. 6 without tickets i.e. without platform ticket, walk on the overhead walkway and come out from other side of the railway station.

Its now very easy to see why attacks happen. Now in any attack case, my first question is " what were we doing ".

A hopeless situation for sure. Also during the train journey, if you are not the one who do regular " up-down ", you wont get a place to sit. I have faced this. Policemen are all bribed and they take in reasonable amount to do this and then those who payed police become unofficial police force.

The only way we as a nation can become disciplined is by observing self-discipline. Till the basic mentality improves of each and every common man, things are going to get more bad.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

There really is no hope.

Now, Advani is raking up the temple issue to win votes. And then he accuses the COngress of playing votebank politics!

With politics the way it is, I dont see any reason for our cops to do a better job. Or for the common man's plight to improve

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 15th February 2009 at 23:31.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:45   #7
BHPian

An amazing story which leads one to ask whether the cream of India should bother staying/returning in/to this country:

Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

Are all democratic countries like this?
Old 16th February 2009, 08:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
An amazing story which leads one to ask whether the cream of India should bother staying/returning in/to this country:

Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

Are all democratic countries like this?

I dont know if all democratic countries are like this or not, but at this point of time I am sincerely considering moving abroad and settling there. Things wont be easy there also ( racial discrimination ) and given the recession, it would be the worst time to step out of this country. But this country has stepped over the line.

And the cream of India should not return to India. And those who are in India must move to developed countries.
Old 16th February 2009, 08:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
An amazing story which leads one to ask whether the cream of India should bother staying/returning in/to this country
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
And the cream of India should not return to India. And those who are in India must move to developed countries.
Cream of India is very much in India. They are people who are living in India despite all odds. People like Arun Sarin or Vinod Khosla are cream of USA, they succeeded in the American system, not here. Cream of India are people who succeeded in Indian system, like Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, NRN, etc. I have heard this cream of India nonsense throughout my 9 year stay in USA, then I realised they were all back home.
Old 16th February 2009, 09:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I think this lack of respect for human life is omnipresent. Cops/Hospitals are just one part of it. They come out of our very own society.

Do people care for life themselves ?

E.g. In Mumbai, trains kill approximately 4000 people every year.

And that is because people choose to save time by going from one platform to other by crossing tracks. That is placing premium on convenience instead of life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks