Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 20:06   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Vnabhi, How was the training, I am planning to register for this month's classes and hence the query.
It was good, but a bit tiring because it was from 9 to 615 pm for all 5 days of the week.

The trainer, PV Srikanth had a very good command over the subject, and has years of experience.

We were a batch of 14 sponsored by our Company and the training was in our conference room.
Old 9th July 2011, 21:20   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
greetings brothers (and sisters?)!
Are we near extinct species on team-bhp?

Quote:
hehe.. exactly what happens when i open the PMBOK
I have completed my cert and am yet to master the art of reading more than 2 pages of PMBOK at a stretch. Thats why i changed my loyalties and started worshipping Rita Mulcahy

Quote:
alright people, i got mail from PMI last night that my application has been approved
Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Is the audit picking done only after payment/scheduling or at the time application submission?
Audit is done before the payment. Sequence is like this:

Submit application -> Audit (may or may not happen) -> PMI approval -> Make payment -> Schedule exam.

Quote:
Wot??? Is there only one centre in Bangalore? I thought we can take it in any Prometric centres.
Only one Prometric centre in Bangalore is authorized for PMP exam.

Old 9th July 2011, 21:24   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan
Congratulations !!!
thangs

Quote:
Is the audit picking done only after payment/scheduling or at the time application submission?
Once your application gets approved by PMI, you'll get an mail notifying the same and will ask you to make the payment. It is when you make the payment they will randomly pick your application for audit.

Quote:
Wot??? Is there only one centre in Bangalore? I thought we can take it in any Prometric centres.
Yep, only one dealing with PMI certifications. It's in Jayanagar.
Old 9th July 2011, 22:09   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IronH4WK : i'm not too sure if the contact hours will be counted towards the requirements for teh certification post Aug 31st since the structure of PMBOK is changing.
hiren.mistry : I am not sure there would be any change to the contact hours as the PMBOK is the same, only the weightage across the 5 knowledge areas is changing.
vnabhi : .. the question pattern would undergo a minor change from end of August 2011.
The 35 hours contact program requirement remains. PMBOK structure /content is not changing immediately.

Change will be in the questions related to ethics & social/professional responsibility. Instead of one set of questions directly related to this area, the questions related to this are going to be mixed up with other questions. So what you can expect is that more scenario based questions are going to have social/professional responsibility angle to them.
Old 9th July 2011, 23:51   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi
Are we near extinct species on team-bhp?
Not at all! Just that not many of you out there or who are active.

Quote:
I have completed my cert and am yet to master the art of reading more than 2 pages of PMBOK at a stretch. Thats why i changed my loyalties and started worshipping Rita Mulcahy
Frankly, in the last year and a half since I finished my SABCONS course, haven't read either the PMBOK or Rita's 6th edition inspite having both at home! My wife usually finds me dozing off after the very first page

Quote:
Congratulations!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Audit is done before the payment. Sequence is like this:

Submit application -> Audit (may or may not happen) -> PMI approval -> Make payment -> Schedule exam.
I don't know if this is how it was before, but in my case following is how it has been:

Submit application > PMI approval in 5days > Make payment > Get picked for audit (random; its mentioned in the approval) > Get mail from PMI on details to schedule exam > Schedule exam at Prometric site using PMI reference > Write exam > Pass!

Old 10th July 2011, 00:24   #156
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know if this is how it was before, but in my case following is how it has been:

Submit application > PMI approval in 5days > Make payment > Get picked for audit (random; its mentioned in the approval) > Get mail from PMI on details to schedule exam > Schedule exam at Prometric site using PMI reference > Write exam > Pass!

Actually the aplication audit happens before you get an approval. Many of the people in my batch have gone thru the audit and had to submit few docs before getting the approval.

In the cases where you get an approval without an audit, there is still a clause that you might be picked for an audit at later stages too. I am yet to hear of such an instance.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:22   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Actually the aplication audit happens before you get an approval. Many of the people in my batch have gone thru the audit and had to submit few docs before getting the approval.

In the cases where you get an approval without an audit, there is still a clause that you might be picked for an audit at later stages too. I am yet to hear of such an instance.
Looks like I've been lucky both times Now let's hope I get lucky with the write the exam part
Old 12th July 2011, 13:48   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Spread of Questions - from Sept 2011

Got the following note regarding new pattern after 31-Aug-2011:

Quote:
Changes in PMP exam 2011

According to PMI, approximately 30% of the PMP exam content will change as a result of new or substantial changes to reflect the project manager's role as defined by the recent study. Changes to the exam will be implemented through existing items being updated as appropriate, new examination items being developed to meet these requirements, and old items that do not meet the criteria being retired. Also, certain areas of the examination will be tested in a different way because an existing domain was seen to be common across all content areas of the examination. Specifically, the Professional and Social Responsibility content area (Domain 6) will now be tested in every domain, rather than as a separate domain on the examination.

Although PMI is planning on changing approximately 30% of the PMP® examination, these changes will NOT be effective until August 31st of 2011.

Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)?-pmpnewpattern.jpg
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 18:04   #159
BHPian

Re: Spread of Questions - from Sept 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Got the following note regarding new pattern after 31-Aug-2011:
I had created a similar table and already posted in this thread - page-9 post-132.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2400526

OT: Do I the privilage of 'condor'ing The Condor?
ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 23:19   #160
BHPian

Quote:
unfortunately, there are no dates available in the Bangalore center for the next three months and i have to write the exam before end of August!
checked the Chennai center and got a date for August 19th! so, will be driving down to Chennai (again) and writing the exam and returning to Bangalore!
Check out the site now. I just got an appointment at Bangalore for 25th August, and I've re-scheduled from my earlier appointment.

Looks like they have released new dates today. Bcos it was not available till y'day.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 19th July 2011 at 23:20.
Old 20th July 2011, 13:01   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out the site now. I just got an appointment at Bangalore for 25th August, and I've re-scheduled from my earlier appointment.

Looks like they have released new dates today. Bcos it was not available till y'day.
i should have checked earlier!! dude, you took my slot!!

i've rescheduled for 5th of August.

my sister wrote her exams yesterday (in Brussels) and she said it is not easy, but it ain't tough either. just need to be familiar with the PMBOK and should be prepared to endure the 4hrs.

btw, she passed!
Old 10th August 2011, 14:46   #162
BHPian

Exam Results - post August 31

PMI recently announced the following: If you are taking the PMP Exam on or after 31 August 2011, then - for a limited time only - PMI will not immediately tell you if you have passed or failed your exam.
This means that in the first 4-6 weeks after the new exam is in place, they cannot immediately give you your result.

Here is PMI's original statement on this:
"As we transition to the new examination, PMI must update its examination reporting processes. This means for a short period of time examination results will not be available immediately following the examination. There will be a 4-6 week period between taking the examination and receiving the results via email.
We know this will be disappointing to candidates, but please let them know the delay is necessary any time an exam changes to validate the new examination structure."

Quote:
i've rescheduled for 5th of August.
Are you now known as IronH4WK,PMP ?
Old 26th August 2011, 10:17   #163
BHPian

Took the exam yesterday and I PASSED !!

It was a mixture of straightforward and many complicated questions. I took 2.5 hours for answering all questions and spent another hour to review marked questions.
Hufffff - I guess this is one of the toughest certifications. Last 1.5 months have taken a toll out of me, I have been eating, sleeping and dreaming-of PMIisms.
ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:40   #164
BHPian

Congratulations, ch,nathan, PMP..

Quote:
Took the exam yesterday and I PASSED !!

Old 2nd November 2011, 20:49   #165
BANNED

Hi All,

Need suggestions from you all techies

I am a Bsc(comp) & MBA ,working in corporate sales.Is it possible for me to enter into software industry by doing PMP?

If yes do let me know if there are any institutes giving training on it and the procedures involved.

Most Viewed