Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 23rd January 2018, 13:41   #256
BHPian

Default Re: Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
I have been in the outsourcing industry for about 14 years all of which was in PM. I took up PMP certification and did a 35hr course as mandated way back in 2005, but never got to complete certification. Even then, my greatest years as a PM was between 2008 and 2013 with large scale programs and managing a multitude of PMs. I never felt the need for a certification apart from increasing your market value, but i guess the experience more than covered that area. And then i moved from PM to MC. 5 years on and still enjoying MC.

By the way, this is not to discourage any PMP takers, but is a perspective that i have. Industry has moved from waterfall to Agile. Its all about being SCRUM masters now.
I agree. I just moved to a Big4 and they were more interested in my ITIL and that PRINCE2 was a bonus. I have a CSM as well, however I have been asked to also take a SAFE 4 Agile certification training and exam which they will sponsor ofcourse. The time I was looking out I saw a lot of vacancies which mentioned they just need PMP trained people and certification is not a must. Now I have a different thought in mind. Should I do a distance MBA or not
Old 27th October 2018, 02:41   #257
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know any good PMP classroom training providers in Ahmedabad?
I am new to this place and this info would be of great help.
Old 27th October 2018, 15:43   #258
BHPian

Does PMP carry any weight these days?
Old 25th March 2020, 23:02   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally renewed my PMP certification with 51 days left in the suspension period. Was close !

I have been using webinars from The Great IT professional for the PDU's. Chanced upon a mail from the site for a discount coupon. $39 for the year instead of $199. Grabbed it - now will close out the 60 PDU's in the next few months.

Fairly good content there.

greatpro.org
code is M2020
valid till 31-march.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 01:49   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Finally renewed my PMP certification with 51 days left in the suspension period. Was close !

I have been using webinars from The Great IT professional for the PDU's. Chanced upon a mail from the site for a discount coupon. $39 for the year instead of $199. Grabbed it - now will close out the 60 PDU's in the next few months.

greatpro.org
code is M2020
valid till 31-march.
Thank you for this insight. I also renewed mine after I received a suspension mail. I was overdue by a day. I have used the same code as you have shared and got the PDU videos. I think its a good deal and appreciate your sharing that.
regards
Old 20th June 2020, 13:13   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Its a great concept, new companies especially abroad are structuring themselves in some interesting ways. But this will never work in India!!!
About 7 years ago I had asked whether we can do without managers in India, and many said no.

But thanks to COVID19, it may be happening now.

https://www.livemint.com/mint-lounge...497299649.html
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 09:54   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
About 7 years ago I had asked whether we can do without managers in India, and many said no.

But thanks to COVID19, it may be happening now.

https://www.livemint.com/mint-lounge...497299649.html
Amazing that you remembered this post. Yes it seems to be working quite well - if not better. Better Work life balance...
alter.e.go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 10:59   #263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Amazing that you remembered this post.
That's the peril of getting old. I can remember stuff from long ago, but can't remember which movie I saw on netflix yesterday.

But to the topic. I started a new company in Feb 2020, just before Covid19 hit the whole world. So I never got to setup a physical office. And now everyone prefers virtual office, thanks to cloud servers and WFH. So I am managing everything while sitting from home.

Most Viewed