Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 23:37   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk
Anupam has posted xls link too.

Thanks for your information Anupam.

Pradip.
Oops! Was reading this through the iphone app, and ther is no link visible.
Pls excuse.
Now I do find it when going through safari route.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:52   #182
BHPian

re: Are you a PMP (Project Management Professional)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
And you need to show 7500 hours of project wise experience in the application. I know that I can take up PM associate exam, which requires only the classroom training and nothing else, but I want to go for PMP.
The 7500 hrs requirement is what keeps me away from the PMP right now. I work as a freelance software development contractor and trainer and that isn't officially a project management role but rather that of a generalist.

You might want to consider the SCRUM Master certification, which does not have a requirement of currently being a practicing project manager.
Old 18th April 2012, 23:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
The 7500 hrs requirement is what keeps me away from the PMP right now. I work as a freelance software development contractor and trainer and that isn't officially a project management role but rather that of a generalist.

You might want to consider the SCRUM Master certification, which does not have a requirement of currently being a practicing project manager.
These hrs of requirement doesn't need you to be in that role having "designation". Organization point of view you need not have to be project manager but should have undergone/need to show that you have spent those many hours into various phases of S/w life cycle.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 9th May 2012, 15:45   #184
BHPian

Need quick help:

While applying online for PMP exam, in project description what do we need to put? I mean just the activities done/involved in each phases or that along with some details about the project too?

Also, if anyone can share any sample for the above is appreciated as I am planning to apply by end of this week.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:18   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Need quick help:

While applying online for PMP exam, in project description what do we need to put? I mean just the activities done/involved in each phases or that along with some details about the project too?

Also, if anyone can share any sample for the above is appreciated as I am planning to apply by end of this week.

Thanks,
Pradip.
See the attached screenshot. Hope this helps

pmp experience.xlsx
Old 9th May 2012, 20:24   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
See the attached screenshot. Hope this helps

Attachment 925299
Hey really appreciate for your quick response. I am still not clear with my doubt. As per the screen shot when we fill the details, we need to brief about the various phases based on the hours spent in each of them. Now this description requires any project description? I mean what the overview which we usually put in resume.

I'll try to capture and share screen shot to point exactly what I need.

Thanks,
Pradip.

Last edited by pradipk : 9th May 2012 at 20:26. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old 9th May 2012, 20:33   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Hey really appreciate for your quick response. I am still not clear with my doubt. As per the screen shot when we fill the details, we need to brief about the various phases based on the hours spent in each of them. Now this description requires any project description? I mean what the overview which we usually put in resume.

I'll try to capture and share screen shot to point exactly what I need.

Thanks,
Pradip.
I got your point, but i don't have screenshots of what I'd filled up. But you can be brief about it.

For instance, on my first project listed, I filled up a description of something like 'moving data from legacy system to PeopleSoft HRMS for calculating bonus and commissions to sales personnel of Franklin Templeton Investments.'

There is no need to be verbose about it, a brief description will suffice.
Old 9th May 2012, 20:44   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I got your point, but i don't have screenshots of what I'd filled up. But you can be brief about it.

For instance, on my first project listed, I filled up a description of something like 'moving data from legacy system to PeopleSoft HRMS for calculating bonus and commissions to sales personnel of Franklin Templeton Investments.'

There is no need to be verbose about it, a brief description will suffice.
Thanks again for quick updates. You addressed my concerns. I guess now I am good to go.

Pradip.
Old 11th May 2012, 15:46   #189
BHPian

I did not really want to open a new thread for this, i believe some of the folks in this thread could have an answer to my question. I am preparing for PMP but also working on getting ITIL foundation certificate. Goal is to get the foundation ceritificate and then get into Service Capability intermediate certificate.

Are there any ITIL certified or practitioners here? If so, can i get some tips on preparing for the certificate? I am currently using various resources from the internet and a 50 page ITIL V3 foundation pdf that i got in the internet.
Old 11th May 2012, 18:27   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-pg View Post
I did not really want to open a new thread for this, i believe some of the folks in this thread could have an answer to my question. I am preparing for PMP but also working on getting ITIL foundation certificate. Goal is to get the foundation ceritificate and then get into Service Capability intermediate certificate.

Are there any ITIL certified or practitioners here? If so, can i get some tips on preparing for the certificate? I am currently using various resources from the internet and a 50 page ITIL V3 foundation pdf that i got in the internet.
ITIL is pretty easy to clear. If you are in a production support type of role, you could clear it in about 3 days of reading or less.
Old 14th May 2012, 17:12   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Has anyone heard or experienced Knowledgewoods?

MaSh
Looks like no one has heard of them. Was planning to register with them for the coming weekend session. Any pointers for a GO/NOGO would he appreciated.

PMP Certification Training in Delhi,Bangalore,Mumbai,Hyderabad Noida,Gurgaon,Pune - KnowledgeWoods Consulting

MaSh
Old 15th May 2012, 15:06   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like no one has heard of them. Was planning to register with them for the coming weekend session. Any pointers for a GO/NOGO would he appreciated.

PMP Certification Training in Delhi,Bangalore,Mumbai,Hyderabad Noida,Gurgaon,Pune - KnowledgeWoods Consulting

MaSh
Have a friend in Mumbai who is very happy with them. They are a bit on the pricier side but offer money back guarantee in case you fail.

Not personally experienced them, but the friend was pretty happy. He quit the firm, so no idea if he cleared the exam.
Old 15th May 2012, 15:33   #193
BHPian

Quote:

MaSh
Heard good reviews from 2 of my colleagues who took the training from Knowledgewoods.

The moneyback guarantee is only if you take the PMP exam within a specified time after clearning some tests of Knowledgewoods.

Last edited by Pallavi : 15th May 2012 at 15:34.
Old 11th July 2012, 09:58   #194
HKP
BHPian

I attended the Knowledgewoods PMP Training in Bangalore recently. It is definitely useful for earning your PDUs. However, I would rate the training as just Average. The trainer, location, materials supplied, online tests all were below my personal expectations. If you are thinking of understanding the concepts and getting some real learning from the trainer, my suggestion would be to better look elsewhere.

I don't know about the quality of other training centers here in Bangalore. But I feel I made a wrong choice.

Currently, going through self study, planning to take the test next month sometime.

\\hkp
Old 11th July 2012, 10:50   #195
BHPian

I did my PMP training conducted by SABCONS in Bangalore, Mr M.R. Sriprasad conducted it and it was one of the best trainings I have ever attended in my professional life, very practical and effective. Generally the focus goes off in matter of few minutes in normal trainings / workshops, but he had us all captivated for 5 full days! Highly recommended.

Last edited by Meer : 11th July 2012 at 10:50. Reason: Spelling correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks