Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2014, 10:45   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Probably my last and final purchase in US in this assignment, Just had a chance to grab a Maui Jim Bayfront Gold Satin/HCL Bronze color sunglass at a very reasonable price here at Costco USA.

Though I wear Rayban Wayfarer classic with prescription lens from Rayban rox+, I always wanted to use Maui Jim after so many of TBHPians suggested this brand. While I bought this Bayfront, I'm still not sure if I could fix a prescription lens to it if not contact lens world opens up for me

Here is the model that I have grabbed today for $96 including 7% tax (approx 5800 INR).

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-hclbrosat.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 6th February 2014 at 10:48.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:50   #617
BHPian

Bought a couple of rough daily wear polarized glasses from LensKart. Great prices, good products and super fast shipping. Definitely recommended if you are looking for a any particular pair of glasses at some discounted prices.

The 'Eye test at your premise' for just 99 bucks is also a great service. Thorough professional eye testing and dirt cheap prices - at your desktop.

ps. (Although the text above sounds like an advertorial, I am just a happy customer who got great service at very low prices)
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:35   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Bought a couple of rough daily wear polarized glasses from LensKart. Great prices, good products and super fast shipping. Definitely recommended if you are looking for a any particular pair of glasses at some discounted prices.

The 'Eye test at your premise' for just 99 bucks is also a great service. Thorough professional eye testing and dirt cheap prices - at your desktop.

ps. (Although the text above sounds like an advertorial, I am just a happy customer who got great service at very low prices)
Hello,

Which model?

I also am keen to buy a pair of polarised glasses for myself.
Old 12th March 2014, 21:10   #619
BHPian

Guys,

Need a little help. I got my first pair of Oakleys a couple of months ago and on a recent trip to Delhi I damaged them quite heavily. Need to know if there is a Oakley Service Centre in Pune and if anyone has had any experience with these guys.
Old 10th April 2014, 19:33   #620
BHPian

There is an offer on lenskart, where the first spectacle frame is free. All you end up spending is 1000-1500 for the cost of the lens. How is lenskart? A quick google search brought up quite a few negative feedback. I don't mind taking a chance, I'l go in for cash on delivery. But, the lens on offer is Klar? Never heard of it.
I desperately need a cheap pair, for gym and for running only. My Ray-Ban eyeglasses have turned white near the ears from sweat.

Second question, Is it possible to get Ray-Ban sunglasses with power? Like on order with original rb lenses?
Old 10th April 2014, 20:04   #621
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Sunglasses you own and wear thread.

Any suggestion on where can I buy a good sunglasses, premium branded. We always brought our sunglasses from lifestyle. However the couple of sunglasses we brought last year from lifestyle, have started to peel off on the frames. They are 'Polaroid' brand costed almost 6k each. Disappointed on quality. When contacted, they said warranty is only 6 months :-(

Last edited by manjubp : 10th April 2014 at 20:07.
Old 10th April 2014, 20:18   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
There is an offer on lenskart, where the first spectacle frame is free. All you end up spending is 1000-1500 for the cost of the lens. How is lenskart? A quick google search brought up quite a few negative feedback. I don't mind taking a chance, I'l go in for cash on delivery. But, the lens on offer is Klar? Never heard of it.
I desperately need a cheap pair, for gym and for running only. My Ray-Ban eyeglasses have turned white near the ears from sweat.

Second question, Is it possible to get Ray-Ban sunglasses with power? Like on order with original rb lenses?
When I enquired at GKB Opticals in Chennai, they told me that Ray ban sun glasses with power will not be possible. The guy told me that the Ray Ban inscription on the glasses would not be there, which pretty much defeats the purpose. When I enquired for Maui Jim, they told its possible, but quoted a price of 26k for only the lenses
Old 11th April 2014, 15:13   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post

If you really like your old Ray Bans and can live them, ask your optician for Nuploar Polarised Lenses

IN

1. Impact resistant Plastic with Grey and Brown tints- Price 4500
2. Thinner and shatter proof polycarbonate in Green and Copper tints Price 8600

rayBan prescription is not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Any suggestion on where can I buy a good sunglasses, premium branded. We always brought our sunglasses from lifestyle. However the couple of sunglasses we brought last year from lifestyle, have started to peel off on the frames. They are 'Polaroid' brand costed almost 6k each. Disappointed on quality. When contacted, they said warranty is only 6 months :-(
Polariod is a brand. Polarized in a treatment. Polarization is a technology.

Good material+treatment will give you best results. It must be the HK brnds for 6 months warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
When I enquired at GKB Opticals in Chennai, they told me that Ray ban sun glasses with power will not be possible. The guy told me that the Ray Ban inscription on the glasses would not be there, which pretty much defeats the purpose. When I enquired for Maui Jim, they told its possible, but quoted a price of 26k for only the lenses
Maujim prescriptions lens+frame starts less than 20K fo the whole deal.

which model did you get the quote for?

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd April 2014 at 22:48. Reason: Team-bhp does not allow any kind of solicitation, please refrain. Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 15:22   #624
BHPian

My dad purchased a ray-ban when I was 11 years old but pretty much never used it. Now at 28, I have been using it for the last 3 years and its absolutely brilliant. It is very good in the harsh Hyderabad weather where there is a huge amount of radiation crated due to the dry heat. I usually ride my 2-wheeler to office and its absolutely essential to use sun-glasses to beat the heat and these ray-bans do an awesome job.

Someone gifted me a set of Aviator sun-glasses from Provogue. I use it when driving the car as it has got lesser light reflection caompared to the ray-bans.
Old 14th April 2014, 20:03   #625
Senior - BHPian

And thanks for the information on the 'Nupolar' I am looking to get lenses in one of my Carrera's changed to power sun shades, so this will come in handy.

BTW I got polarised, photo chromatic, progressive lenses from Hoya for the Colani frames. Very Very good, used them outdoors extensively on a recently concluded driving trip to Saurashtra. In one word the experience was excellent.

Looking to buy another frame but after using Collani nothing seems to pass muster.

I would love to get my hands on the frame shown in the web page on this link

http://www.hoyavision.com/AboutHoya

Could you help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
If you really like your old Ray Bans and can live them, ask your optician for Nuploar Polarised Lenses

IN

1. Impact resistant Plastic with Grey and Brown tints- Price 4500
2. Thinner and shatter proof polycarbonate in Green and Copper tints Price 8600

rayBan prescription is not available.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2014 at 17:25. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 15th April 2014, 07:11   #626
Senior - BHPian

I own a Rayban Aviator, Emporio Armani (bought in a deal) and a Oakley Crosshair 2.0. Of all the ones I use the oakley more. Its very comfortable and is lightweight.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:00   #627

I am a big collector of sunglasses. Starting from party glasses to fastrack to rayban and to carrera. I have a collection of 32 Sunglasses including Fastrack, Rayban, FCUK, Carrera, Reebok, Lee Cooper, IDEE, Faranheit and a few locals. My next would be a Lacoste which i have been hunting from a long time, but not able to find the specific model. I wore this FCUK in the Last TBHP MEET (including Picture). Credit goes to "KarthikK" for taking the snap.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-dsc_0999.jpg  

Old 7th June 2014, 01:19   #628
Senior - BHPian

Just added the Maui Jim High Tide to my collection. Also have the Lighthouse. Both in Neutral grey lenses. Certainly not my last! Thanks Benny.

The Lighthouse is super light and you can literally wear it all day without thinking about it. The High Tide is very light for a metal frame (flexible) and will take a few days for me to get used to the added weight after wearing the Lighthouse. Amazing lenses for sure.

Will mostly go for the other lens colours in the Lighthouse and also the nylon frames after trying on.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-20140602_235339.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-20140607_012950.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-20140607_013007.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img20140528wa0004.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img20140528wa0005.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-20140607_013152.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-20140607_013204.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img20140528wa0006.jpg  

Old 7th June 2014, 01:56   #629
BHPian

Is it possible to refurbish old ray-bans? My dad's 20 year old ray-bans are lying unused and arent really in a clean condition. I do not want to scrap them. Instead I want to fix them and use them.
Old 7th June 2014, 12:46   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Just added the Maui Jim High Tide to my collection. Also have the Lighthouse. Both in Neutral grey lenses. Certainly not my last! Thanks Benny.
Anytime Kunal.

Have a look at SwitchBacks 523-02MR and 26M. You can purchase additional sheilds that you require in all four MauiJim shades and also Clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks