Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 18:41   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: MJ Sugar Beach HT Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Of all these, did you ever try the MJ Sugar Beach 'ROOTBEER' HCL Bronze lens? Seems it is best of both, with allowing max light transmission and also seems darker on the outside.
No man, did see those but didnt try them on so no idea about these.
Old 12th April 2016, 09:14   #692
BHPian

Re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Picked these up on my last trip to the US, love the unique Realtree camo look.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-20160412_130311.jpg  

Old 21st April 2016, 11:44   #693
BHPian

Re: MJ 421-11?

Are there any online retailers of Maui Jim? I am NOT able to source the MJ Sugar Beach 421-11 Maui HT. Our in-house SME 'beejay' offered me a good deal on the same, but does NOT have this particular model in stocks.

Please advise.
Old 21st April 2016, 12:05   #694
BHPian

http://www.gkboptical.com/sunglasses/maui-jim/
Old 21st April 2016, 18:35   #695
BHPian

Old 23rd April 2016, 17:16   #696
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to PM beejay too but he hasn't cleared his mailbox I guess, so can't PM him . visited a retailer in gurgaon to check prescription glasses for my wife, Maui Jim mavericks . he gave an estimate of 22k or so.Does that sound okay? Can anyone using prescription Maui Jim's comment?
Old 23rd April 2016, 17:34   #697
BHPian

Re: MJ 421-11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I was trying to PM beejay too but he hasn't cleared his mailbox I guess, so can't PM him . visited a retailer in gurgaon to check prescription glasses for my wife, Maui Jim mavericks . he gave an estimate of 22k or so.Does that sound okay? Can anyone using prescription Maui Jim's comment?
Well, I am behind beejay to source one of the MJ Sugar Beach models, as he provides it at a discount, which you would NOT get in the market. The tough part is getting to him and closing the deal.

You can reach him on his number. He does NOT pick the calls, but usually responds to whatsapp messages.
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:53   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I am behind beejay to source one of the MJ Sugar Beach models, as he provides it at a discount, which you would NOT get in the market. The tough part is getting to him and closing the deal.

You can reach him on his number. He does NOT pick the calls, but usually responds to whatsapp messages.
Thanks mate, could you please PM me his number? Hope you get the sugar beach soon
Old 23rd April 2016, 20:47   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was recently gifted the mavericks. The bill was for 17k. Exchanged for freight trains. Cost 18.6k. Yet to try the sugar beach. Does it have that green glass that claimed to be high transmission. I tried one of those and wow those are pretty good. But it was on a frame that was too awkward on my face.
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:21   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I was recently gifted the mavericks. The bill was for 17k. Exchanged for freight trains. Cost 18.6k. Yet to try the sugar beach. Does it have that green glass that claimed to be high transmission. I tried one of those and wow those are pretty good. But it was on a frame that was too awkward on my face.
Sugar Beach is a rimless model. Yes, I am trying to get that green glass with high transmission as it will be used on the long drives. But, they have run out of stock for HT Maui.
Old 24th April 2016, 11:43   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thanks man, I assume they were regular lenses then and not prescription. Not sure about transmission,but the green glasses are brilliant.

Quote:
Sugar Beach is a rimless model. Yes, I am trying to get that green glass with high transmission as it will be used on the long drives. But, they have run out of stock for HT Maui.
Any chance of anyone you know who is travelling? Domestic or international, either.
I picked up my green ones at the airport (blr) a while ago, and they happened to be at a discount too . Shoppers stop. Try it .
Old 24th April 2016, 14:30   #702
Senior - BHPian

Here is the all the sunglasses I own.

1. My first one which is a cheap imitation of ray ban.
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4404.jpg

2. Armani sport polarized sunglass and aviator styled sunglass as well.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4406.jpg
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4408.jpg

3. Rayban aviator
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4405.jpg

4. Polarized Oakley my personal favourite.
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4402.jpg
Old 24th April 2016, 17:29   #703
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Started life with a Ray Ban Aviator Outdoorsman Black with G15 Green Lens with Sweat Band. Lost it in a cab. Was heartbroken because that was a purchase form my First Salary..Picked up a Wayfarer too and broke it by mistake after a while by sitting on it.
Moved on subsequently to many other brands. Worked on Sunglasses for a while as an Accessories Product.
Bought and used and still own some of the best Sunglasses, like Serengeti Drivers and Maui Jim and Carrera etc. Enjoyed the Persol as an iconic Sunglasses Brand.
But I am happiest with the latest Ray Ban Outdoorsman II with Amber Sweat Band and G 15 Green Lens which I bought recently - part of their latest Havana Collection.

Fabulous glasses indeed. They really are iconic, as are the Aviator Shape, right from 1937 when they were used by Pilots. Probably the finest sunglasses in the world - most definitely amongst the best known brands and shapes - millions and zillions of copies and "inspired by" types - but none comes close! Too lazy to get mine out of the car and take a pic but the screenshot simply has to do duty along with their lovely Visual Merchandising which I saw 3 days ago at Dubai Mall.
Frankly, these glasses are absolutely the best to me, as of now.

Planning to buy another Ray Ban Outdoorsman RB 3030 in Black with Sweat Band and Green G15 Lens and the Ray Ban Shooter too again with Sweat Band and Green G15 Lens. Maybe a Ray Ban Aviator Black Polarised with Crystal Dark Green Lenses as well. But not now. One day soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-screenshot-20160402-09.30.40.png  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4227.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-img_4225.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th April 2016 at 17:36.
Old 25th April 2016, 00:02   #704
BHPian

Aviators by Warby Parker with proscription lenses, bought it in US.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-p5030300.jpg
Old 25th April 2016, 14:29   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about transmission,but the green glasses are brilliant.I picked up my green ones at the airport (blr) a while ago, and they happened to be at a discount too . Shoppers stop. Try it .
Indeed, as every dealer has run out of stocks of green glasses from MJ. BTW, they are called Maui HT, where HT stands for high transmission glasses.

Well, good discount at shoppers stop is interesting. Do they have Maui Jim on their shelves?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks