Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2016, 17:26   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Indeed, as every dealer has run out of stocks of green glasses from MJ. BTW, they are called Maui HT, where HT stands for high transmission glasses.

Well, good discount at shoppers stop is interesting. Do they have Maui Jim on their shelves?
They do sell Maui Jims, i was probably lucky to be able to get a discount at the airport because I never saw any discount after that.
Thanks for the info on the HT and the number.

Just saw, they now have an india specific site a helpline number too, wow. Looks like they are doing quite well here.

Last edited by sammyboy : 25th April 2016 at 17:32.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:30   #707
BHPian

Sunglasses you own and wear thread

My RayBan Polarised Natural green sunglass. Got it for half the price(3.2k) from CSD canteen. Costs 8k in showroom Its Genuine obviously because CSD get them directly from factory since no taxes is applicable for CSD and i also verified it. Just look how much tax we pay for a small item :(

Coming to the glass, its brilliant. 0 glare since its polarised and everything looks so natural and beautiful. Its a steal for the price i paid.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462197544.391729.jpg
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462197569.219767.jpg

Last edited by sid93 : 2nd May 2016 at 19:32.
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:43   #708
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
My RayBan Polarised Natural green sunglass. Got it for half the price(3.2k) from CSD canteen. Costs 8k in showroom Its Genuine obviously because CSD get them directly from factory since no taxes is applicable for CSD and i also verified it. Just look how much tax we pay for a small item :(

Coming to the glass, its brilliant. 0 glare since its polarised and everything looks so natural and beautiful. Its a steal for the price i paid.

Attachment 1502786
Attachment 1502788
These Natural Green Polarised Aviators are amongst the best Ive seen. Absolutely first class glasses.
Sadly, in India they are hardly ever available in size 62 frames which is what I need.
Most of those available are in Size 58 which simply isn't wide enough for me.
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:36   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I am behind beejay to source one of the MJ Sugar Beach models, as he provides it at a discount, which you would NOT get in the market. The tough part is getting to him and closing the deal.
Quote:
Sugar Beach is a rimless model. Yes, I am trying to get that green glass with high transmission as it will be used on the long drives. But, they have run out of stock for HT Maui.
Guys! I got my HT Maui Sugar Beach 421-11 from foresight opticals at Inorbit Mall, Malad. The label price was INR 8390/-, but got a discount of one grand.

One hell of a glass. The light does NOT vary much from outdoors to indoors. Good buy!
Old 30th May 2016, 05:02   #710
Senior - BHPian

It's raining sunglasses on me

On the picture (top to bottom): 1. Maui Jim Bayfront (MJ205-16), 2. Oakley TINCAN (OO4082-04), 3. Maui Jim Waimea Canyon (MJ265-03H), 4. Montblanc (MB215S), 5. Ray-ban brown classic (RB4115), 6. Ray-ban Wayfarer (RB2140)

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-image.jpeg
Old 6th June 2016, 00:41   #711
Senior - BHPian

Against all the odds I found that the Serengeti brand sunglasses are cheaper in Costco.

After reading so many good reviews posted by many of the long time Serengeti users, today I decided to buy one myself. Now the confusion is about the models, any suggestions?

The aviator is too big and will not even fit in my face. Also I wanted to know if it is possible to get Serengiti prescription lenses?

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-glass.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th March 2017 at 08:05.
Old 10th June 2016, 13:52   #712
Senior - BHPian

I went to the local Lawrence & Mayo shop around the corner and they have a summer sale going. There have three Maui-Jim HT glasses and one of them is in lighthouse frame. A 1000 Rupee off is available for these. So it should bring the price to around 7.5K. Should I bite?

I am going to the shop again tomorrow for a set of prescription glasses for my mom.
Old 28th June 2016, 10:51   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Hi Beejay, I'm sure I agree with you about the tinted non Rayban glass lens in Rx, but as you rightly said it is not polarization filter and also not from Rayban.

The one I got on my way farer is from Rayban rox (Rx lens brand from Rayban) with polarization. All I mentioned is that Rayban Rox didn't have glass lenses and all their proscription lenses are either plastic or poly carbonate.

here is a picture clicked from the store display where I ordered my sunglass.
Attachment 911516

Does anyone know if this option is available in Bangalore?

Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 19:49   #714
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Against all the odds I found that the Serengeti brand sunglasses are cheaper in Costco.

After reading so many good reviews posted by many of the long time Serengeti users, today I decided to buy one myself. Now the confusion is about the models, any suggestions?

The aviator is too big and will not even fit in my face. Also I wanted to know if it is possible to get Serengiti prescription lenses ?
Attachment 1514465

Mods: the picture uploaded automatically turn 90degree once uploaded...any help getting it right? Much appreciated.

Ive got those large Aviators. Got them some years ago. Superb glasses. Perfect for a large mug like mine and those Amber lenses are brilliant for Driving...
I love them. Always loved Serengeti - they were always the real iconic Drivers Sunglasses to me!
Old 13th July 2016, 21:10   #715
Senior - BHPian

Costco is great, today while I was shopping for groceries look what I found, showcase filled with Mauijim priced one third of their regular price. Tempting ... Particularly the Keanu model.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-image.jpeg

Mods: The pictures in portrait orientation is automatically flipped once uploaded. Help required to rotate the picture.

Last edited by trammway : 13th July 2016 at 21:11.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 21:18   #716
Team-BHP Support

I have the Ray-ban Wayfarer and Ray-ban Clubmaster; both with prescription lenses.

There's something eternal about the Wayfarer!
Old 4th October 2016, 12:24   #717
rbp
BHPian

https://india.ray-ban.com

Guys, is the above link genuine RayBan ?
Old 4th October 2016, 13:52   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
https://india.ray-ban.com

Guys, is the above link genuine RayBan ?
Looks like that. Ray-ban.com can be linked from http://www.luxottica.com/en/eyewear-brands/ray-ban

So it should be genuine.
Old 4th March 2017, 19:46   #719
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Bought Scott sunglasses today for 3k from a nearby mall. They are polarised. Haven't heard much of the brand to be honest.
I'm not much into sunglasses, had forgotten there was a thread here else would have sought opinion here before buying.
Old 14th April 2017, 10:49   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
My RayBan Polarised Natural green sunglass.
One of the ever green classic models. I want to pick either this (Rayban Aviator Green Polarised, black frame) or MauiJim Sugar Beach - Trans Smoke Grey.

This will be my first sun glass purchase and I am not sure which are the shops in Bangalore offering best deals\what is the best time to pick up one - can some one throw lights on these questions please?

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 14th April 2017 at 11:10.

Most Viewed