Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 15th September 2018, 18:30   #751
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any way to measure the head and then order online? Like the way we do for helmets? Any help in this regard would be appreciated.
There are many websites that have 3D Virtual Tryon with maybe the brand of eye wear that you want to try on, if you are lucky. Or I am sure, you will find a similar size in some other brand. Just try MisterSpex, Grand Optical etc...
The physical product ( eye wear) is converted to a full 3D asset and it is really accurate and a good experience too.

Regarding lens measurements. That is a different ball game altogether. And I wouldn't do it online. Even if it is to determine just the PD ( Pupillary Distance) which is mandatory to fix any eye lens to the desired eye wear. Unfortunately, not many stores do this. Even at the physical location.

Also, if you are making prescription( your eye power) sunglasses on a sun glass frame. It requires other measurements like wrap angle.

To continue the rant-

Adding below the measurements that are required to accurately craft the lenses to the desired eye wear. And trust me, it will be a world of difference if your lenses are fit with these measurements to your chosen eye wear, Else, it will be the standard. Wear it, for a week or some days Sir, you will get used to it.
Seriously, why should you? When the below measurements were obtained and then your lenses fixed in the way it is supposed to be fixed.

1. Pupillary Distance- Far Vision and Near Vision. The distance from the center of both pupils. ( AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR EVERY LENSES)
2. Fitting Height (Name says it all)
3. Frame Dimensions ( Size of the chosen eye wear)- A, B, DBL ( Distance Between Lenses)
4. Pantoscopic Tilt (The tilt of the eye wear after it rests on your nose)
5. Back Vertex Distance ( Distance from the outer most portion of your eye to the back surface of lenses)
6. Wrap Angle ( The curve of the eye wear) AN ABSOLUTE MUST IF YOU THINK THE EYE WEAR HAS MORE CURVE THAN STANDARD EYE WEAR)

It is a pretty long post. However, hope this will be useful for someone out there.

Last edited by beejay : 15th September 2018 at 18:36. Reason: spell check...
Old 6th February 2019, 15:21   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
True,

Kindly suggest where to buy them
I finally got them from dxb. 950 AED post 50% discount. Brando 8456.
Beautiful glasses.
Guess i paid higher in spite of discounts but then I couldn't source them earlier unlike MJ which I got from my friendly local opticals shop

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 6th February 2019 at 15:23.
Old 20th February 2020, 11:32   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know where in Bangalore I can go to get my Ray Ban Aviators fixed? Its a bit bent and misshapen. Does anyone do this?
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:52   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Does anyone know where in Bangalore I can go to get my Ray Ban Aviators fixed? Its a bit bent and misshapen. Does anyone do this?
Ray Ban authorized service center is on CMH Road, Indiranagar , Paradise Biryani - next building basement , Bangalore 560038

Hope it helps.
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:58   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
Ray Ban authorized service center is on CMH Road, Indiranagar , Paradise Biryani - next building basement , Bangalore 560038

Hope it helps.
Thatís close by. Thank you, will go there and see if they will help me with this.

Most Viewed