Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Here's Mine! Ray-Ban Aviator Driving Sunglasses.

Reminds me of my safari in Africa.Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
OT, couldn't help but to write on seeing iraghava's signature..

When one is stuck in dire situations like this, the idea is to make a hole in the cork all the way down and then slowly push the cork into the container, not the best solution, but situations demand it sometimes

Forgot to mention, one needs to cut the top portion of the cork with a sharp knife/ blade as deep as possible so that it is easier to push the cork in. Sharp tools are meant to avoid cork chip afterwards.

Last edited by aburagohain : 23rd February 2009 at 13:12.
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:23   #32
BHPian

sun-glasses at night

Is is recommended to wear light-tinted sun-glasses at night to keep the glare of the on-coming head-lights?
I tried some but feel that any tint however light is dangerous, since It might interfere with the ability to see, for example cycles against the on-coming extremely powerful headlights of trucks and others who never dip in India.

If there are any special glasses which will not interfere with vision but cut only the glare, then I will buy it whatever the cost!
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:42   #33
BHPian

Amber anti-glare glasses are generally used to make night-driving safer. Refer the link below. The same glasses are used for skit shooting sports, good visibility while cutting down the glare from sun rays and powerful lamps alike.

Clip on Sunglasses, Night Driving Clip-on sunglasses, Clip-ons
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:43   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Is is recommended to wear light-tinted sun-glasses at night to keep the glare of the on-coming head-lights?
I tried some but feel that any tint however light is dangerous, since It might interfere with the ability to see, for example cycles against the on-coming extremely powerful headlights of trucks and others who never dip in India.

If there are any special glasses which will not interfere with vision but cut only the glare, then I will buy it whatever the cost!
Anti-glare coating on the glasses. This doesn't tint the glass, just reduces the glare.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ray ban Aviators in green tints. Have been using them for almost two years now and find them quite useful. Only thing they aren't as close to the face as you'd want them to be as some light does enter from the sides.

I have also heard only good things about Serengeti's with a driver's gradient. Has anyone tried those? Are they easily available in India?

Drifter
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:25   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing like the classic Ray Ban Aviator series. Dont particularly like all the new wrap-around stuff. Classics are the best.
Attached Images

Last edited by Red Liner : 23rd February 2009 at 14:39.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:37   #37
BHPian

After Rayban Aviators, Fastrack seems to be the famous ones. I have one too
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:40   #38
BHPian

I have been using kennith Cole aviators for the last six months. Aviators are always in and cool.
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I am sorry - I don't get the connection - why should almost everyone
who drives a car here be wearing sunglasses?
Dude i said ALMOST and didn't mention everyone should wear it as its a personal choice. Generally if you see people driving cars almost everyone these days wear sunglasses as its tough to drive the car in hard sunshine so its quite handy.
In delhi atleast i see most of the people wearing them(am not talking about the taxiwallahs and even a few of them also wear in my company).
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:39   #40
abk
BHPian

Rayban Aviator - first pair gifted by my brother during my 11th standard Having lost that one i picked another and ever since then they have stayed with me. The only other "branded" ones i had was a pair of Police but lost them on the beach of Goa :( In between bought many others but none of them ever lasted with me. So Aviator is the one that i currently possess along with one sports pair for my cycling

Last edited by abk : 23rd February 2009 at 15:42.
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:52   #41
BHPian

1 pairs of fast track eye gear(very handy while using inside a helmet on 2 wheels).
1 pair of Ray Ban Aviators.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

I bought this RayBan in 2003. Before that also I was using a different model of Ray-ban (not Aviator). After that also I bought a couple of Sunglasses including Polaroids. But they all are kept in the cars and this one is still my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-dsc00546.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2009, 19:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
OT, couldn't help but to write on seeing iraghava's signature..

When one is stuck in dire situations like this, the idea is to make a hole in the cork all the way down and then slowly push the cork into the container, not the best solution, but situations demand it sometimes

Forgot to mention, one needs to cut the top portion of the cork with a sharp knife/ blade as deep as possible so that it is easier to push the cork in. Sharp tools are meant to avoid cork chip afterwards.
I think you completely missed the point in his signature.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:34   #44
BHPian

I use a Peter England's aviators, gifted to me by my girlfriend. Right now am eying RayBan's RB3311 and Oakley's MONSTER PUP (Grey Smoke, Lens Color: Black Iridium)
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-picture-038p-medium.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-rb3311_003_8g.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-48bdd1ae19f9e.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2009, 19:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
i wear custom made sunglasses when i drive. got them made with numbered lenses because i have a very high power. anyways they are aviators. will try posting a picture of them soon..
eagerly waiting for this .

Most Viewed