Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 22:55   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Can any one suggest a best place to but Ray ban Aviater glasses, i don't find find any seperate outlet selling Ray ban alone, members pls help me out where to buy also is polaraoid is a must for sunglass.
Try GKB, i got mine from there, they were cheaper than most other places. Even if you want one not in their display, they will source it for you in a day or two.
Old 17th December 2010, 15:54   #227
Senior - BHPian

Need help in identifying brand/model of sunglasses

Hi All,

I have a rather strange request. There is a pair of sunglasses (Rayban, I presume) that actor Simbu wears in the Tamil movie Silambattam. Any idea which brand/model it is ? It looks real sleek and stylish. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Old 17th December 2010, 17:24   #228
Senior - BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

@rr_zen,

Why don't you post a photo of the actor with the glasses on. Will help in identification.
Old 17th December 2010, 18:40   #229
Senior - BHPian

@khoj: Managed to get some pics from the net. Guess it will make better sense now. Let me know your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-silambattamstills83.jpg  

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-silambattamstills84.jpg  

Old 18th December 2010, 00:36   #230
Senior - BHPian

@rr_zen,

Your initial assumption is spot on, the make is 'RayBan' now which model is the question and I believe our in house expert beejay is best qualified to answer that.
Old 20th December 2010, 13:29   #231
BHPian

@rr_zen
To the best of my knowledge the particular series of ray-ban are called
Predator series that's all i can remember
Hope you find them
Old 20th December 2010, 14:37   #232
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Carrera sunglasses are truly stylish and have been objects of desire for years and years.

Serengeti drivers also - lovely glasses - unfortunately cannot get them anywhere at all in India. Most places abroad also dont keep this brand anymore. Sad.

Rayban is the all time classic though I prefer the older variant of Aviators as were available in the '90's. especially the biker glasses with sweat band and curved temples which would fit snugly behind the ears.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:57   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
@khoj: Managed to get some pics from the net. Guess it will make better sense now. Let me know your thoughts.
I for one would not recommend Rayban to anyone. Its a joke their campaign says NEVER HIDE. Ironical.
I think its RB3343.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@rr_zen,

Your initial assumption is spot on, the make is 'RayBan' now which model is the question and I believe our in house expert beejay is best qualified to answer that.
, Thanks, glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Serengeti drivers also - lovely glasses - unfortunately cannot get them anywhere at all in India. Most places abroad also dont keep this brand anymore. Sad.
man, you got style. Yes. They are not available in India.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:22   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carrera sunglasses are truly stylish and have been objects of desire for years and years.

Did you check out the Maui Jim collections. Amazing lens technology. A bit highly priced though.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:24   #235
BHPian

I love my Rayban and the Police.The eyes remain cool even in conditions of extreme heat
Old 20th December 2010, 15:27   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carrera are indeed the best and more so when one is driving. After having experimented with Rayban, Oakley and Maui Jim I have now settled for the same. You can see two of mine here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2086220 photo #2 from top as also #2 from bottom, these are ultrapolarized.

The second one is here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2103764 photo #5 from top, dead center, these too are polarized. Eyes remain moist and non fatigued even after a day long drive.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:47   #237
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

@ khoj - i agree about carrera's. ive got about 3-4 pairs in different shades ranging from dark green, grey, to amber/brown etc. all of them have a rating of UV400. superb glasses indeed.

also love the oakley's / bolle glasses for sport - like bicycling and golf - but I need to buy a pair. owing to the fact that they tend to get lost, broken and sometimes stolen while playing sports or at the golf club or wherever, I am using a simple inexpensive pair of sports glasses bought at decathlon.

@beejay - serengeti's are a truly iconic brand though perhaps slightly less well known in India since they've never really been available here. the one pair I had are long gone - cracked owing to carelessness. sad. must source another pair sometime.

nice to have these things provided one is willing to invest a little time to care for them and look after them. they will give you years of wearing pleasure if a little care is taken.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:50   #238
BHPian

I have a question, had been to Lifestyle over the weekend, was looking for a pair of Aviators from other brands as I own 2 pairs of Aviators from Ray Ban. There was one called "Miami Blues" which I picked up. Was told that "Miami Blues" is a sub brand of "Polaroid", but I'm unable to find it on their website. Would like to know if "Miami Blues" belongs to "Polaroid" and would be glad if you point me to the website of "Miami Blues"
Old 27th January 2011, 17:22   #239
BHPian

Have a query - Got Poloroids - sadly the chrome has worn off in certain areas..... ;(

Is there a place where I can get them RECHROMED..... as they are out of warranty?
Old 9th February 2011, 22:50   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Have a query - Got Poloroids - sadly the chrome has worn off in certain areas..... ;(

Is there a place where I can get them RECHROMED..... as they are out of warranty?
I too have a query... I am using Police sunglass for last 1.3 years. Now the inner coating (eye side of the glass) is started coming off. Almost one third of top portion has peeled off. If I try to clean it with the soft cloth given with
the glass, the remaining coating is also started coming off. With this, if I wear the glass, I don’t find any difference in sight. I also don’t find any mark or shades on outer layer of glass. It looks clean. Only the problem is in the inner layer coating.

What is the use of this inner layer coating?
Is there a way to recoat the whole inner layer of the glass? If so, where can I do it in Chennai?
Also I need a suggestion: By removing this glass, can I fix any good branded glass/lense (without power or numbered as I am not using specs) on this Police frame? I prefer polarized, UV protected sunglass / lens.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Most Viewed