Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 20:08   #406
BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That is a very desirable pair of sun-glasses. How much are they and where could I find them in India?

I wear a pair of UCB Aviators and they're pretty cool. I have a pair of Polaroids that I wear occasionally. I'd like to add a third to my collection, preferably this one.
I think you get Porsche Design shades in most of the reputed shops (Lawrence and Mayo etc). In my case , I picked it up at 50% discount in Geneva. It was 200CHF when I bought it (roughly rs 10000).
Old 14th May 2012, 11:36   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
After going thru Mauijim's website, have a feeling that all their lenses are polarized. Is it true?
Yes, all Mauijims come with the latest polarized plus2 tecg. You have four lens materials and four colour shades to choose from.

Quote:
That is a very desirable pair of sun-glasses. How much are they and where could I find them in India?
You can find them in Bangalore at SR Gopal Roa near the Mysore flyover or also at Pear in Jayanagar or also Neema Opticians in Bannarghetta road and JP Nagar. You could tell them you are my friend and you will get a discount.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 14th May 2012 at 21:13.
Old 14th May 2012, 21:53   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

You can find them in Bangalore at SR Gopal Roa near the Mysore flyover or also at Pear in Jayanagar or also Neema Opticians in Bannarghetta road and JP Nagar. You could tell them you are my friend and you will get a discount.
Thank you beejay! Much appreciated!

I regularly drive to Jayanagar/JP Nagar so I shall stop by one of these days. SR Gopal? Are you taking about a mall?

Old 14th May 2012, 21:59   #409
BHPian

Quote:
SR Gopal? Are you taking about a mall?

Guess he meant SR Gopal Rao Opticians. S.R. Gopal Rao, Bangalore's leading Opticians & Optometrists, best eyecare, sunglasses, lenses
Old 15th May 2012, 11:01   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you beejay! Much appreciated!

I regularly drive to Jayanagar/JP Nagar so I shall stop by one of these days. SR Gopal? Are you taking about a mall?

Thats Gopal Mall on Mysore road that you are talking about.

This is right before you enter the Mysore road flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Thank you, this is the one.
Old 15th May 2012, 18:31   #411
Senior - BHPian

And I chose some fantastic material called memory grade titanium, I will leave it to beejay to provide the details, after all the shades did come from him.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-photo-20120515-18.10.jpg

Quote:
Yes, all Mauijims come with the latest polarized plus2 tecg. You have four lens materials and four colour shades to choose from.
And here is a frame that I wanted for a long time but could not buy it as I did not wear spectacles untill earlier this year when I started using reading glasses. What better reason than to this to treat myself to a Colani frame.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-photo-20120515-18.14-4.jpg

Thank You beejay, love both the products and hope to procure some more.
Old 15th May 2012, 19:33   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
And I chose some fantastic material called memory grade titanium, I will leave it to beejay to provide the details, after all the shades did come from him.
Looks great, I like both frame designs.
by the way, I like the different looks you chose for both the frames too

now for the logistics please?
Old 16th May 2012, 00:29   #413
Senior - BHPian

Looks. LOL, yeah right. Sitting in my hotel room getting bored and the result is there for all to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Looks great, I like both frame designs.
by the way, I like the different looks you chose for both the frames too

now for the logistics please?
As for the logistics, go to beejay's facebook page select what you want, send him a message/pm and he will sort everything out for you. Ciao.

https://www.facebook.com/benny.john
Old 16th May 2012, 18:30   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Looks well on you Taarun Bhai,

The titanium metal is the lightest eye wear available apart from being corrosion free and extremely strong and the High tide like the one above is a mix of memory metal. This metal is present on the nose bridge and actually remembers the wearers fit and retains the same shape. Durable and feather weight.

The Colani is a bespoke model now and again is a pure titanium frame.

P.s Guys, whenever you shop for a titanium frame, ensure the same is Pure Titanium and not Beta Titanium. Some frames are cleverly called Titanium style.
Old 17th May 2012, 21:46   #415
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me where I can get the RB3364 002/58 polarized in Bombay? I had one and lost it.
Old 18th May 2012, 17:55   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can get the RB3364 002/58 polarized in Bombay? I had one and lost it.
If you want one for a deal, try scouting in Zaveri Baazar. Alankar Opticians,Ganko and many other and the likewise towards Kalbadevi. Watch out for the replicas though. Even a trained eye will take time to figure out the original.
Rayban is also easily available in all the stores these days. GKB Optical is a good place too, however a tad expensive.

If the model is not available, you can order and the lead time is just 3 working days as its now sourced from GJ
Old 19th May 2012, 05:30   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want one for a deal, try scouting in Zaveri Baazar. Alankar Opticians,Ganko and many other and the likewise towards Kalbadevi. Watch out for the replicas though. Even a trained eye will take time to figure out the original.
Rayban is also easily available in all the stores these days. GKB Optical is a good place too, however a tad expensive.

If the model is not available, you can order and the lead time is just 3 working days as its now sourced from GJ
Thanks a lot. The one I had was made in Italy. I've heard some are made in China. I've tried with Gangar optics and they didn't give me an option of ordering. I'll try with the other you mentioned. I had got mine from Shoppers Stop, Inorbit.

Any tips to spot the fakes?

Last edited by straight6 : 19th May 2012 at 05:33.
Old 19th May 2012, 12:26   #418
BHPian

There is a Youtube video comparing a fake Rayban against an authentic one. Just scout a couple of pages back in this thread and you might find the video. If not, it is worth having a search for it in Youtube.

@beejay: Earlier in one of your post, you mentioned about a sunglass from Cartier. I visited one of the showrooms and I found them to be unique and even considering buying them. I did try them and they look much more comfortable than the Rayban avaiator that I already have. Are you still using them? Could you please share your experience?

Last edited by joe1980 : 19th May 2012 at 12:32.
Old 19th May 2012, 14:36   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Thanks a lot. The one I had was made in Italy. I've heard some are made in China. I've tried with Gangar optics and they didn't give me an option of ordering. I'll try with the other you mentioned. I had got mine from Shoppers Stop, Inorbit.

Any tips to spot the fakes?
The fakes get better with time. Just buy from an authorized dealer. A very few raybans are made in Italy these days. Try scouting at the sunglass hut, I assume they will be able to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
@beejay: Earlier in one of your post, you mentioned about a sunglass from Cartier. I visited one of the showrooms and I found them to be unique and even considering buying them. I did try them and they look much more comfortable than the Rayban avaiator that I already have. Are you still using them? Could you please share your experience?
I have changed the lenses to Mauijim as the ones offered on the Cartier was basic. The frame is a classic aviator style with a leather cover on the nose bridge. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-bj.jpg  

Old 27th May 2012, 19:51   #420
BHPian

Ray ban rb 3478

I am new to rayban & I purchased the model rb 3478 yesterday. I have always stuck to sports sunglasses(Sun Dog), this is my first experience to metallic frames and it feel quit odd and stressful around the eye, nose. I have the possibility of an exchange during the 1st week, If I don't like it, I would want to go for Mau jim, please comment (Maui Jim Sunglasses - Banyans)
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-rb3478_004_78.png  

Most Viewed