Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 00:29   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

I finally found the model I wanted (RB3364 polarized) in Pune with A.DINSHAW & CO. Anyone have any experience with them? They didn't have them in stock but ordered from the co. and they received the glasses in 2 days. Will be picking them up today.

Sunglass Hut didn't have them and they said they can't order them for me either. GKB said they can order but will take more than 2 months!

The RB3478 pictured above looks pretty similar to the RB3364. The metal frames with glass lenses take sometime time getting used to because of weight but eventually you'll get used to them.

Last edited by straight6 : 28th May 2012 at 00:32.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:41   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ray ban rb 3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean;2790369 I would want to go for Mau jim, please comment ([URL="http://www.mauijim.com/banyans-6942.html"
Maui Jim Sunglasses - Banyans[/url])
The Banyans come with a brow bar and the lenses are Maui Evoulution, ie. CR39.

You could also have a look at Sugar Beach, Lighthouse and Breakwall. All are rimless and come with polycarbonate lenses and are lighter and more durable.
Old 29th May 2012, 23:37   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The Banyans come with a brow bar and the lenses are Maui Evoulution, ie. CR39.

You could also have a look at Sugar Beach, Lighthouse and Breakwall. All are rimless and come with polycarbonate lenses and are lighter and more durable.
Thanks for your suggestions. The ray ban 3478 I purchased was too heavy for my daily use, I was never a fan of metallic frame in the first place, I wanted something which was light & also matched my budget, I got the rayban exchanged for the Mau Jim Hoopika, it costed around 141 euros here in France. The banyan was more heavier than hoopika.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-maui-jim-hoopika-r407_10.jpg  

Old 30th May 2012, 15:14   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. The ray ban 3478 I purchased was too heavy for my daily use, I was never a fan of metallic frame in the first place, I wanted something which was light & also matched my budget, I got the rayban exchanged for the Mau Jim Hoopika, it costed around 141 euros here in France. The banyan was more heavier than hoopika.
Congratulations. The non slip nose rubber on this is quite comfortable too as against the ones found on the Raybans.

Cheers.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:58   #425
Senior - BHPian

Does the black coral from Maui Jim come in polarized?

Last edited by straight6 : 30th May 2012 at 16:02.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:50   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Does the black coral from Maui Jim come in polarized?
All the mauijims come with the polarised plus 2 tech.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:02   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay

Congratulations. The non slip nose rubber on this is quite comfortable too as against the ones found on the Raybans.

Cheers.
Yes the experience has been quite good till now. There was another model which was lighter and thinner than the hoopika but I felt it would break easily, hence did not opt for it. Here in France, people go for designer brands like d&g, gucci. Do you know who supplies the frames/lenses for them?
Old 31st May 2012, 11:50   #428

After using the only brand "Ray-Ban" for 12 years I recently bought Maui Jim's "Wiki-Wiki" from Benny & I'm Quite happy with the purchase.
Although the green Lens is not so dark as it looks in the photos, but very comfortable to wear even in well lit conditions/bright sunny days. The shades are almost weightless and you dont feel anything on your nose. The slogan rightly says welcome to colour as the colours really do become crisp.
Thanx Benny for a wonderful purchase.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:24   #429
BHPian

I own 2 Maui Jims. 'Kanaha' and 'Bay Front'. Both have brown glass Polaroid. Superbly effective (blocks all reflected lights), perfect for driving, comfortable and the World looks so 'greener', sky looks so 'bluish' :-)

Definitely recommended!!!
Old 1st June 2012, 12:25   #430
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking of going for the Black Coral or Wiki Wiki from Maui Jim next but I need to wear them and check first as I have a small face.
Old 1st June 2012, 22:45   #431
BHPian

@bejay: I have been advised by the doctor to wear prescription lenses and I had been to the shops to find a suitable frame for me. I came across titanium frames from Krass and I kind of liked them. They do not weigh and are much comfortable when I wore them. I would like to ask you if I should go for such frames? I would be having a power of 1 and 0.75 on my left and right eyes respectively. I would prefer transition lenses.

Kindly advice if the Titanium frames are a good option.
Old 1st June 2012, 23:07   #432
BHPian

I'm looking to get prescription glasses put into a few Oakleys I own. I tried carrying them over a couple of times to the US but the entire process would have taken longer than my stay, in short I'm looking for a dealer/optician that has a tie up with Oakley and can get my lenses swapped out by them. I travel frequently all over India in the metros so anyone anywhere would be good. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:40   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal View Post
The slogan rightly says welcome to colour as the colours really do become crisp.
Thanx Benny for a wonderful purchase.
You are welcome Rahul, everybody thinks the welcome to color is more a sales pitch unless its tried on for real. I am glad you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
@bejay: I have been advised by the doctor to wear prescription lenses and I had been to the shops to find a suitable frame for me. I came across titanium frames from Krass and I kind of liked them. They do not weigh and are much comfortable when I wore them. I would like to ask you if I should go for such frames? I would be having a power of 1 and 0.75 on my left and right eyes respectively. I would prefer transition lenses.

Kindly advice if the Titanium frames are a good option.
Titanium frames are the lightest available frame options. Make sure you buy pure titanium frames, Krass makes good frames, if you have a higher budget try the Lindberg frames, not easily avaiable in India though. These are really light.
Transitions are available in your power range, however be aware they do not change color during driving as there is no sunlight inside the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
I'm looking to get prescription glasses put into a few Oakleys I own. I tried carrying them over a couple of times to the US but the entire process would have taken longer than my stay, in short I'm looking for a dealer/optician that has a tie up with Oakley and can get my lenses swapped out by them. I travel frequently all over India in the metros so anyone anywhere would be good. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Tell me which metro you are most comfortable with and I can direct you to opticians who might be able to help.
Old 3rd June 2012, 15:16   #434
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Which are the best transitions? I was told that the transitions that I would get are the ones from Hoya. Are they good? Please advice.
Old 3rd June 2012, 18:26   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Tell me which metro you are most comfortable with and I can direct you to opticians who might be able to help.
I'm based in Pune so Mumbai would be my first and natural choice. Thank you for your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks