Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 19:47   #556
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is it possible to order rayban sunglasses with prescription lenses . I mean with original rayban glasses, as I feel rayban is all about their quality of glasses .

Cheers
Old 24th April 2013, 21:29   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys, is it possible to order rayban sunglasses with prescription lenses . I mean with original rayban glasses, as I feel rayban is all about their quality of glasses .

Cheers
Hi Choudhury, Ray-Ban can be ordered with prescription glasses. In fact I saw an ad in an online site(IIRC Myntra.com) but it is not available across all models. Still you can choose from a lot of models and shades.

In fact I am also planning to upgrade the lenses of my Ray-Ban to the power that I have, I feel a bit uncomfortable while riding/driving and using the shades. I haven't got time to look around where it is available. Do let me know about decision and purchase.

Last edited by ashis89 : 24th April 2013 at 21:31.
Old 24th April 2013, 21:34   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hi Choudhury, Ray-Ban can be ordered with prescription glasses. In fact I saw an ad in an online site(IIRC Myntra.com) but it is not available across all models. Still you can choose from a lot of models and shades.
Oh that's great . But the think with online order is , you don't get a feel of whole stuff before buying it .
Any idea if we can order it via any reputed store here in Bangalore , say like gkb etc .

Cheers
Old 24th April 2013, 21:53   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Oh that's great . But the think with online order is , you don't get a feel of whole stuff before buying it .
Any idea if we can order it via any reputed store here in Bangalore , say like gkb etc .

Cheers
Even I have never been comfortable of this online thing, it hasn't grown on me. I bought mine from Sunglass Hut in Hyderabad, IIRC they are the official supplier of Ray-Ban. You can Google for Sunglass Hut outlets in Bangalore.

Check this out: http://www.ray-ban.com/india/store-locator

Last edited by ashis89 : 24th April 2013 at 21:58. Reason: Added the URL
Old 25th April 2013, 09:43   #560
BHPian

I end up choosing a frame and getting tinted prescription lenses in the frame. Contacts do not suit my eyes.
Old 27th April 2013, 08:06   #561
Senior - BHPian

I got a pair of Maui Jim Breakwall in Neutral Grey from beejay.

The glasses are exceptional. I am still coming in terms with its weight or rather the lack of it. I have very sensitive eyes and cannot venture out without shades. MJ just don't make things dark, they cut out the glare and give exceptional clarity. And it is very comfortable to wear. Also, being polarized, it helps to reduce the reflections on the windscreen to a great degree. The only problem is that for cars with film on the windscreen, I see a rainbow in them and its a distraction that I need to get used to. I hate the pouch though. Its very hawai in design and people stare when I step into the office with them in my hand.

And Kerala really looks very beautiful through the MJ. The greens everywhere just got more vibrant and vivid. Eagerly waiting for the monsoons. Thanks Benny!
Old 29th April 2013, 11:47   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I got a pair of Maui Jim Breakwall in Neutral Grey from beejay.

The only problem is that for cars with film on the windscreen, I see a rainbow in them and its a distraction that I need to get used to. I hate the pouch though. Its very hawai in design and people stare when I step into the office with them in my hand.

And Kerala really looks very beautiful through the MJ. The greens everywhere just got more vibrant and vivid. Eagerly waiting for the monsoons. Thanks Benny!
Hello Deepak, Thank you . Its always a pleasure to be of use to a bhpian.

The effect is a result of polarization that you see on the windscreen of other cars, you might even see some dots for cars without film as a uniform layer. however if you tilt your vision they will disappear.

The pouch is a micro fiber cloth, so it actually does the job. Agree the color could have been better. Will hand over my own one in black when I come to Cochin next time.

I was in Kerala for the weekend and I sold a few MJ prescriptions to my direct customers there. Those who were not convinced decided after trying on my MJ Waterways in HT green.
Old 1st May 2013, 14:22   #563
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys I am looking for " SHAUN WHITE SIGNATURE SERIES HOLBROOK™ Polished Black/24K Iridium " . Who stock these in bangalore ? . Appreciate any leads

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-5131305862752.jpg

Last edited by black12rr : 1st May 2013 at 14:25.
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:59   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Hi guys I am looking for " SHAUN WHITE SIGNATURE SERIES HOLBROOK™ Polished Black/24K Iridium " . Who stock these in bangalore ? . Appreciate any leads

Attachment 1079606
The model that you have uploaded is available in the USA of A.

These are the two options available in India. Any Oakley authorized distributor can help you in Bangalore.

The Gold iridium on the white frame is non polorized, the black is polorized.
Attached Images

Last edited by beejay : 2nd May 2013 at 11:19.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:07   #565
Senior - BHPian

Been using Tommy Hilfiger with powered gradient glasses for almost a year now. Cost me about Rs. 8k. The frame is aviator-styled.

The gradient tone gives a cool look and doesn't require you to switch to normal spects in those dimly lit tunnels.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:47   #566
Senior - BHPian

How is this Polariod Brand Sun Glasses.
http://www.lenskart.com/polaroid-p41...unglasses.html
I am looking to buy a Green tint Shades and already I have fixed to buy a Maui Jim BeakWall in Neutral Grey (http://www.mauijim.com/breakwall-6968.html) either from Beejay or USA(if it comes with some good offer)
For Green Tint , I am very much inclined on RayBan Aviator Polarized model but this Polariod Model looks good and fits to me than RB Aviator model. still in confusion.

Beejay,
If you are dealing with Polariod and Raybans, Can you please PM me the prices & Models of Green Tint Polarized sunglasses from Rayban and Polariod.
Old 2nd May 2013, 22:25   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1079606
Got this today locally . Looks cool .
Old 5th May 2013, 23:05   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a pair of Oakley Jupiter Squared Sebastien Loeb signature series sunglasses. Glad that its actually $40 cheaper in Bangalore than in the US.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunglasses you own and wear thread-4fbfea86f30ec.jpg  

Old 6th May 2013, 10:11   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got this today locally . Looks cool .
Can you please post an actual image of the model that you have bought. Especially of the inner temple side where the model details are etched.

Benny
Old 6th May 2013, 12:19   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Can you please post an actual image of the model that you have bought. Especially of the inner temple side where the model details are etched.

Benny
Beejay some advice, not for sunglasses but for eyeglasses. Are there any other similar frames to the Tag Heuer ones, with the flexible bits that go over your ears? The Tag ones are around 15k I think, and considering I wear glasses only when I'm not wearing lenses it might not make sense to spend that much. Now I did see some frames for 2.5k, but I'm not convinced of the quality.

Most Viewed