Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2014, 13:10   #631
Senior - BHPian

re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Anytime Kunal.

Have a look at SwitchBacks 523-02MR and 26M. You can purchase additional sheilds that you require in all four MauiJim shades and also Clear.
Nice! The clear shields would be ideal for driving at night and avoid glare from high beams.
Old 7th June 2014, 13:43   #632
Senior - BHPian

My Police sunglasses have developed some scratches. Any idea how to correct it?
Old 7th June 2014, 15:09   #633
BHPian

Always Ray-Ban aviators. Inherited from my Army upbringing and the tradition continues - and yes about their positives, with a decently priced aviator, I can keep wearing them on even inside mall parking areas, tunnels - these are two places where I think keeping glares on during day time reduces visibility greatly.
Old 9th June 2014, 23:29   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime Kunal.

Have a look at SwitchBacks 523-02MR and 26M. You can purchase additional sheilds that you require in all four MauiJim shades and also Clear.
hi Beejay, venturing into the world of sunglasses. I have never liked them all these years. But happened to try my friend's MJ recently and I really loved the way it cut off the glare. I am looking at only MJs, strictly for driving (daytime). Prefer something very light as I would be wearing it mostly for the longer drives. Would be really great if you can help me out as I have never tried anything else so far. I did read up quite a bit on the net before discovering this thread here and I'm really glad I found this !
Old 10th June 2014, 22:37   #635
BHPian

Hi Beejay, how much would the damage be for a Rx version of the MJ Coconuts? Also, how does Coconuts compare against Mavericks and Cliff House? Any insights would be much appreciated, thanks!
Old 11th June 2014, 00:05   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
hi Beejay, venturing into the world of sunglasses. I have never liked them all these years. But happened to try my friend's MJ recently and I really loved the way it cut off the glare. I am looking at only MJs, strictly for driving (daytime). Prefer something very light as I would be wearing it mostly for the longer drives. Would be really great if you can help me out as I have never tried anything else so far. I did read up quite a bit on the net before discovering this thread here and I'm really glad I found this !
Then you should go with the base models without frames. So light that you'll forget that you are wearing them.
Old 12th June 2014, 18:40   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Hi Beejay, how much would the damage be for a Rx version of the MJ Coconuts? Also, how does Coconuts compare against Mavericks and Cliff House? Any insights would be much appreciated, thanks!
MJ Coconuts Rx

Single VIsion
Polycarbonate- 29200
Maui Evolutions- 32600

Progressive
Polycarbonate- 34200
Maui Evolutions- 37600

Polycarbonate is shatter proof. Evolutions are impact resistant and lighter.
All prices mentioned are in MRP. . I am sure you will get in for lesser.

Coconuts are from the Maui Flex range and flexible and can custom fit like you wish.
Mavericks and Cliff House are Titanium and robust and extremely light weight.

Last edited by beejay : 12th June 2014 at 18:46.
Old 12th June 2014, 18:55   #638
Senior - BHPian

In Cairns airport last week, I almost ended up buying Gridfoil (or gridfolio?) range of sunglasses BY polaroid - but had to rush to catch my flight! I saw many nice ones, including stuff like http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Sungl.../dp/B00BHB2M2K for only 30 AUD (1650 bucks)!

Since then i've not been able to find a mention of the brand anywhere, nor similar priced sunglasses in chennai.

Where in India can I find such a deal from such a reputed brand? I am not interested in fancier / nicer stuff when it comes to sunglasses!
Old 16th June 2014, 13:11   #639
Senior - BHPian

Heads Up- MauiJim prices are going to be hiked by 15% from July 1. Meaning the lowest MRP range of 6790 will start at 7790.
The Maui Flex range will be priced at almost 2400 more than current price.
Old 25th June 2014, 00:23   #640
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly the correct thread but I figure, this is the best thread to ask this question. Does anyone of you use any computer/gaming eye wear? I am eyeing Gunnar Optiks in particular and wanted to get some real feedback.
Old 31st October 2014, 19:14   #641
BHPian

Hi beejay - I need some help in choosing the right lenses for my sunglasses, and I am hoping you can help me out. I have a Police frame that is good, its just the lenses that have got scratched and need to be replaced. My sight is -1.5 (R and L).

I have visited couple of stores and this is my summary:
* At a high level, there are type types of lenses: Polarized lens and regular lens.
* Polarized lens has the best UV protection. It also cuts the glare considerably better than the regular lens. I don't need any other coating on top of a Polarized lens. I can get a Crizal coating, but not really needed per se. I have got a quote of Rs 8,500 for a pair of lens manufactured by Nova Sport. (+Rs 2,000 for Crizal coating)

* If I buy a regular lens I'll need to have a tint coating + anti-reflective coating + Crizal coating (scratch resistant+hydrophobic, etc). Now, for this the quote from Nova Sport is around Rs 6,500. If I go with Essilor lens, it comes down to Rs 3,500.

My eyes get red and itchy when I go out in the sun. So my main requirement is something that cuts UV the max.

Are Polarized lenses good, and worth the cost? And, are the rates mentioned above reasonable? Any other brand of lens I should be looking at.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 31st October 2014, 22:46   #642

Oakley polaroids and Ray Ban aviator
Old 31st October 2014, 23:59   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Are Polarized lenses good, and worth the cost!!

By and large polarized lenses are very good. There is one down side to them, especially in cars. It depends on your windows. If you have a layered safety front window polarized glasses might gave you a bit of a weird view.

Jeroen
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:01   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnjyoti View Post
Oakley polaroids and Ray Ban aviator
Thanks. Do you know if these guys make lenses? I checked with couple of stores, and neither Oakley or Ray Ban make lenses alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
By and large polarized lenses are very good. There is one down side to them, especially in cars. It depends on your windows. If you have a layered safety front window polarized glasses might gave you a bit of a weird view.

Jeroen
Thanks. I don't think any of my cars (Polo, Figo, Nano) have any layer on the windscreen (Sorry, is that what you meant by the front widow?).

I am planning to go with the Polarized lenses. Now I need to find out which manufacturer is good. I am getting a wide range of rates here in Hyd from Rs 6,500 for Nikon lenses to Rs 8,500 for Nova Sport. I have no idea which manufacturer is better. Any guidance in this regard will be much appreciated!
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:42   #645
BHPian

Re: Predator

Quote:
You can order this online as of now. I am planning to bring this to India when I go live with my online store in a few weeks time.
Hi beejay, Is your online store up now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks