Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

yeah ice... i have been on many forums... but none so well dedicated to its motive than this one.
I didnt know the abc of cars before i joined this forum... and i still have sooooo much more to learn that i dont think i will stop visiting this site ... like ever!!
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

i think there is a posting restriction before they get banned not too sure but...know a few who are on probation
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
and the warning level increase messages sent directly as pms?
i think GTO has already agreed to this suggestion elsewhere.....
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:02   #19
BHPian

what a sacrifice by the mods i feel like crying ............

hehe
they are really doing a good job ... it gets a bit irritating when the mods take a harsh step .. but some one has to do it ... and its them...
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
i think GTO has already agreed to this suggestion elsewhere.....
Yes. This process has been started some time back now.
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

ok...what the h3ll???!!! i refreshed my page and again 3 new messages...one reply to me also...dayummmmmm....need a new biological clock...i think that civic took me back in time...i NEED SPEED!!!

ummm stratos...i don't know if you are senior t-bhpian....avatar says mod...thus i believe mod...believe in the avatar!!!

where do i get a tc'd keyboard???
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:11   #22
BANNED

Seems this thread is hot. Taking time to load. Another thing is some newbies start posting without reading. There is a thread which has been started twice in the modification and accesory section both on accesories on a CVT..

p.s Running 10psi boost with my keyboard.. having Vtec as well(Varaible Posts timing and Electronic posting capability..
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

man montoya and v1p3r ARE getting creative modded keyboards what next...suspension mods on the mouse?????????
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:23   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
man montoya and v1p3r ARE getting creative modded keyboards what next...suspension mods on the mouse?????????
For that we desperately need a help of an expert like you. We planing to go for 20.5mm scrollers..

Last edited by Montoya : 3rd May 2005 at 23:33.
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

haha i think thats a typo....you mean 20.5 mm scrollers.
sorry dont know mouse mods since i use a laptop

no more of this guys
stick to the topic

Last edited by iceman91 : 3rd May 2005 at 23:30.
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:30   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTOYA
Stratos i have seen three members been banned.. one being vance and the other being club honda and one more being FreakR or something. i read all their posts and did not find anything offensive
Montoya,

Firstly, you have been on this site for less than 10 days so i am not sure if you are in an ideal position to judge.

The reason you read all the posts of the banned person and still do not "see anything offensive" is because if there was anything offensive the mods probably removed it.
Each member on this site who has been banned has been given adequate warnings and we have stressed specifically the rules they have to follow in order to remain on the site, and ofcourse, if they do not manage to follow those rules, they will be banned. Rules are rules, and we do not make any exceptions.

The mods have been around since a long time, and i myself have read almost all 75,000+ posts and 5,000+ threads on this forum, like a lot of the other moderators.
We know what we expect from this forum and what a majority of its users expect as well, and we adhere to that standard.

Honestly, we openly welcome suggestions for improvements for TBHP, but after a while it gets tiring when members start questioning the actions of moderators on issues that are not completely visible to them.

cya
R
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:36   #27
BANNED

Rehaan

I didnot mean to question your actions. I agree it aint an east job being a Moderator and i totally understand your condition when you run a site with all your heart and soul.

I am on this site since 10 days but am reading posts since 2 months..
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

My two cents:

I think the moderators here have been doing a wonderful job - I've been a member of many forums which have either been abandoned by the mods or abandoned by everyone else or are just drifting along aimlessly.

Punitive measures are sometimes required. My suggestion - if you feel pissed off at something, shoot off a PM to all the mods before starting off a thread like this.

A soul-searching/catharasis is an extreme step, to be resorted to when things are going totally haywire. We have a very normal scenario here, nothing so drastic is required. Again, such a process is dangerous if not controlled - a person who starts it off should also know how to put an end to it. Ive seen this happening in many 'open floor' sessions where employees of an organization are encouraged to 'speak their heart out'. In a couple of these cases, the moderators (not to be confused with the moderators of the site - bad usage of terminology) who started off the 'soul searching' lost control over the proceedings, as a result of which people were more pissed off at the end of this so called 'cleansing' process than they were before it.

Therefore I'd request people to exercise restraint before starting off a thread like this. Somebody with a lot of patience should take charge of this thread.
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Therefore I'd request people to exercise restraint before starting off a thread like this. Somebody with a lot of patience should take charge of this thread.
You Said it Mate. Salute !!
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
You Said it Mate. Salute !!
TY, but being a moderator you should also look at what prompted this outburst (now that it has happened). No smoke without fire and all that. We like to think that you guys have the interests of the site at heart, so do whats required.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks