Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2005, 23:52   #31
BANNED

Steer tried to send PM but a mods inbox was full.. that was yesterday and lets put a end to this fire as i really appreciate what the mods are doing and they are not doing their work juss well but extremely well bravo.......

P.S Anywayz JPM pitting this minute cy@ all laterz..
Old 4th May 2005, 10:03   #32
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well i agree with the moderators
cause one thing for sure i know the mods are hardcore auto enthusiasts to start something like this and maintain its level of class

the moderators monitor the forum very closely, keep track of what who si doing and what threads members are starting and what they are posting,

hats off mods you gys are doing a fantastic job with this forum

i have learnt so much just reading the forum while on probation, i have no regerts the mods were right about the wrong i was doing and i have gracefully accepted my probation and patiently waiting for it to end.

ICE --- i loved the concept of shocks for the mouse and someone said NOS for the keyboard really creative stuff guys
Old 4th May 2005, 10:54   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Montoya,

I must comment that you change your opinion pretty fast. From post no.1 to post no.7 in less than 45 minutes! Please do think responsibly before opening up a topic on these lines.

Firstly, Do you honestly think that any of the rules are unreasonable? I mean...they are enforced in place to make the Team-BHP experience pleasurable for everyone. I dont think most of us spend so much time on the board if every thread had so much slang and smilies that it looked more like a cheap rip-off of a graffiti wall.

Some members have been banned - but only after repeated warnings delivered from us and continuous offences. There is a lot going on behind the scenes and sometimes we are tearing our hair apart. Think of how many topics we have to carefully scan (some of which may not be of interest to each individual moderator) only to ascertain that the rules are being stuck to.

@ Iceman - Yes. We have indepth discussions before banning any particular member from Team-BHP.

To all BHPians : Do remember that the rules are in place for the benefit of all users. And we, the support staff, make sure that we stick to the rules first!

GTO
Old 4th May 2005, 10:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

Suggestion: All TBHPian & especially the new members

Whenever you are getting time in front of TBHP forum:

1. Try to read as much as possible from the past threads.

2. Use search buttons to find out your topic or the closest topic. This will help you to get into the discussion faster than opening a new thread.

3. Try to read other threads outside your area of interest. You'll get to know more about the members.

4. Do not post for the sake of posting. These kind of posts show a clear lack of focus.

5. Try to follow all the points above and make TBHP a great place to be.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th May 2005 at 10:59.
Old 4th May 2005, 11:46   #35
BHPian

Hi,
Please add rudra sir's 2nd point in the board rules
Old 4th May 2005, 11:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Montoya

If all the rules are followed properly there should be absolutely no problem. The Rules for the forum are carefully made and put forward to make your browsing a pleasurable experience. But unfortunately some members do not follow the rules and we have to take the necessary action. This is despite the fact that we stress new members to read the Announcements section before starting to post.We dont want Team BHP to be just another run of the mill message board.

Dippy
Old 4th May 2005, 12:27   #37
BHPian

i read the whole topic n want to add some thing on rules. RULES are applyed for the better environment for all. Its is not for some specific people. Its general and to iimprove overall aspects. I know this site for a year and above. The rules were not implemented on a single day. Each and every rule has come in to picture only after analysing each and every aspects. In the starting days there was no language rule ie no short forms allowed etc. they came into picture when there are lot of shortforms in posts. Just think a persot not used to those shortforms, how will he read it. Take the edit button for the posts, its also changed now. it allows around 20 mins for editing after submitting the post. Befour it was always there. just imagine a person posted today n editting it after 2 days, the whole tread turns into meanningless and also its very difficult for the mods too, for checking each and every edited post. they need to check each and every post everyday for any edited posts.
iam saying all this because these rules are for good and came into effect effect over a period of time, that shows the testabliety of the rules.
Dont point at the rules , analise why are they implemented. we will know the answer. Correct me if anyone feel iam wrong.
suggestions were always welcomed from mods.
Old 4th May 2005, 13:37   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spot on Ravi!! Each and every rule was implemented only as time went by and we saw the need.

Thanks

GTO
Old 4th May 2005, 13:49   #39
BHPian

I would like to add some thing to what rudra sir has mentioned... this is to ensure that what you are posting is really meaningful and to the point

First compose your message and leave it for two minutes. Then return to the post, read it once again and then post it. This way we can avoid posting our whims and fancies. This also helps you in avoiding short forms, off topic posts etc etc

I always follow this and it helps a lot.
Old 4th May 2005, 13:52   #40
BHPian

hey mods as far changing the view is concerned he doesnt want to be hated in hear so even if he doesnt wanna change his opinion he will have to .... look at everyone pouncing at him... he just expressed what he thought ... and if he realises that he was partly wrong and his point is partly justified wads wrong ....come on this calls for a nice t-bhp meet with mods and montoya and othe bhpians ... so lets start of with a new thread ... wheres the next meet why not at the andheri track
Old 4th May 2005, 13:58   #41
BHPian

I would just like to say is the mods are a little bit strict as they go by the rules but if anyone does not follow the rules the mods have the right to take any action against them.
I specially thank all the mods for making such a wonderful site it has become the second home for me
Old 4th May 2005, 14:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thread deleted by the Admin : Do refrain from conducting personal discussions on fellow BHPians.
Old 4th May 2005, 18:09   #43
Team-BHP Support

was restraining from replying but the following post just made me..

somebody posting "Mods & other guys, please do not criticise me for this.
I needed this advice and did not know where to post."

i personally feel the whole policing is blowin out of proportion.. and members are also becoming paranoid, draw a line but careful where you draw it..

this is a automotive forum, common etiquette’s are needed but too much rules and regulations makes it boring and too much to handle for a common joe like me..

just my 2 cents worth..
Old 4th May 2005, 18:49   #44
BHPian

with jaggu nothing against the mods just go easy on the members

makes it a little boring at times .. but i feel the members have to be responsible enough ... that the mods dont have to delete their post or put them in the right place very often sometimes is fine
Old 4th May 2005, 18:59   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu,

What can I say? Well...to each his own.

The support staff is convinced that following a certain protocol makes it a benefit for the majority of BHPians.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks