Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 17:54   #16
BHPian

I had a recent experience with a local optician; I took my specs off to take my helmet off and the specs came apart; I went to the store to check if I could repair the same. They store manager told me he will see what he can do and called me after a week. When I went there to me surprise they had replaced the frame and did not charge me.

Just goes to show that even the local stores in our country are striving to complete and hence the improvement in customer service.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 24th February 2009 at 17:57. Reason: framing of sentence
Old 24th February 2009, 17:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nike rocks.
In each and every way its better than its competitors any day, i have been using them since around 10+ years and no single problem till date in any of the pairs i got.
need to see if my 6 month old ones have any so i can get a new one exchanged
Old 24th February 2009, 17:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Same goes for me. PUMA and Nike have always impressed me compared to Reebok and Adidas.

And i must say that Nike A.S.S beats Suzuki reading the following incident.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:04   #19
BANNED

Nike is a good brand still in India, whereas likes of Reebok have deteriorated in terms of quality.
I bought a pair of Reebok top of the line shoe & it was over in 6 months time, whereas my Nike is still in pink of health even after 6 years of use!
Reebok sports apparel is also of low quality, track suits/ jackets don't last long.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:24   #20
BHPian

Well Well Well. Lets turn this thread into a one which lists all the good and bad experiences of fellow Bhpian's . Let me start with one. Had a good experience with Wills Lifestyle.Had an old worn out jean and a couple of faded shirts which were changed without question. I was amazed because the jean had been altered as per my specs. but still no problem. Rather the store manager told us friends that whatever we are not satisfied with,even after using for an year can be changed,no questions asked. This I feel is done at ease by all the company owned showrooms rather than the store in store concept ones.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:36   #21
BHPian

Hmmm I bought a pair of Levi's Sneakers last August and the sole is coming off. I do have the bill with me still. Do I go down and show it to them? It happened with Lee Cooper Sneakers I had before and even adidas, but I just threw them away and bought new ones.

Last edited by furioussphinx : 24th February 2009 at 18:44.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

This seems a bit OT, but from my experience, why is that the same brand of shampoo bought in UK/US is better than the Indian one. Also, why is that soaps bought from abroad have better quality (more fat and lather) even if from the same brand. And also why Levis in India have stopped making jeans that do not look like a tent or canvas.

I also know from industry interactions that such distinctions exist in India also. That is so say that for example, a X brand AC/refrigerator/... in Delhi/Mumbai/... often has a better quality than say the same brand in Mandi or Sholapur (no offence to people living in these places).

Last edited by vasudeva : 24th February 2009 at 19:01.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought a pair of Provogue Black Leather shoes from the famous shop in Nagarjuna Circle ( forgetting the name of the store and they claim they are the largest shoe store in India) for about 2+ K

It's less than 10 months and the sole of one shoe is already coming out. I am not sure if i should go there and ask for replacement ( no bill with me) or just forget it and think of them as Agra made shoes with just "Provogue" branded on it
Old 24th February 2009, 19:58   #24
BHPian

I have been a Nike fan for years and currently have 4-5 pairs of sneakers, including a 360. The staff is very well informed about the technology that goes into the products and they have a manual that includes all their products. It is by far my favourite sports brand. Nike was founded in 1972, my birth year, so I also get a lot of Tees with 1972 printed

OT - My other favourite brand (for non-sports shoes) is CAT; Timberland for hiking shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This seems a bit OT, but from my experience, why is that the same brand of shampoo bought in UK/US is better than the Indian one. Also, why is that soaps bought from abroad have better quality (more fat and lather) even if from the same brand. And also why Levis in India have stopped making jeans that do not look like a tent or canvas.
I cannot comment on shampoos, but as far as soap is concerned, I personally prefer the Indian ones. Indian soaps use vegetable tallow as against animal tallow used by the imported brands. Call it a super sensitive nose, but I always detect an unpleasant odour in imported soaps.

As for Levis, they do have the button fly 501s, which certainly do NOT look like a tent! They also have a premium range of apparel (Red Tab, I believe), which is quite good. I simply love the "Worker" range of shirts launched by Levis; very casual and smart.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
As for Levis, they do have the button fly 501s, which certainly do NOT look like a tent! They also have a premium range of apparel (Red Tab, I believe), which is quite good. I simply love the "Worker" range of shirts launched by Levis; very casual and smart.
Could very well be. However, I have both these and on my dimensions (slim, 163 cms, 62 kg), they looked like a tent. Because of that, I have stopped wearing jeans for the last year. Do not see the justification of spending a lot of money on a product that I use maybe once a fortnight and makes me feel dressed in a tent.

Last edited by vasudeva : 24th February 2009 at 20:09.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Could very well be. However, I have both these and on my dimensions (slim, 163 cms, 62 kg), they looked like a tent. Because of that, I have stopped wearing jeans for the last year. Do not see the justification of spending a lot of money on a product that I use maybe once a fortnight and makes me feel dressed in a tent.
Why don't you try on some low-waist, slim fits? I think even Levis has one such fit, the number eludes me though.
Pepe had a very nice range called macho, which sadly, they've stopped. Lee too has some slim fits. Hope you find a pair.
And although I'm going seriously OT, I simply can't resist this:
Be a regular on the bodybuilding and fitness thread on this forum; we'll get you into any jeans you want ; please don't say Angelina Jolie's!
Old 25th February 2009, 09:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Why don't you try on some low-waist, slim fits? I think even Levis has one such fit, the number eludes me though.
Pepe had a very nice range called macho, which sadly, they've stopped. Lee too has some slim fits. Hope you find a pair.
And although I'm going seriously OT, I simply can't resist this:
Be a regular on the bodybuilding and fitness thread on this forum; we'll get you into any jeans you want ; please don't say Angelina Jolie's!
My final opinion on something that is going a bit OT: I am slim, have maintained a waist of 30-32 since my college days (I am 42 now, and my average weight over the last 15-20 years has been 62 with perhaps +3/4 kg here and there over some periods of time). The question is not getting into them. The bother is that they make me look dressed in a hold-all. That is neither good nor elegant and does not fit the way I want to look... I think it is less to do with how they stitch than with the denim they use. If I really want what I like, I need to pay a lot more than say Rs. 2-3 K on a regular/premium denim jeans.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

I brought a pair of NIKE's super light shoes for my sister when I was shopping in London 3 years back on one of my visits - at 50% discount.

My sister goes for a walk every morning. It's been exactly over 3 yrs that she has been using that shoe and the shoe is still going great !! When washed it looks almost new. This is after waling on Road Surface for an hour everyday for the last 3 years. And to think of it the shoe was not meant for walking on Road Surfaces. It was supposed to be an indoor sport shoe !!

Nike's quality as a company is top notch.

I say this even though I am in the Shoe Business and I buy and sell shoes all over Europe every day. NIKE is one company which evryone respects.

The other company which is almost at par or even better at quality is - PUMA.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
The other company which is almost at par or even better at quality is - PUMA.
Since you are in the business and know something, that is useful info.. I think Puma are perhaps cheaper than Nike. Could be because of costs or branding (Nike arguably a better brand and perhaps says more about you than say Action or Canvas). Will keep your knowledge in mind when shopping next.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I bought a pair of Provogue Black Leather shoes from the famous shop in Nagarjuna Circle ( forgetting the name of the store and they claim they are the largest shoe store in India) for about 2+ K

It's less than 10 months and the sole of one shoe is already coming out. I am not sure if i should go there and ask for replacement ( no bill with me) or just forget it and think of them as Agra made shoes with just "Provogue" branded on it
I guess you are referring to Loft. you could give it a shot. I went with my sneakers yesterday to Levis and they just asked me to go to a cobler and get the sole stuck with some glue. I really dint know what to say and I walked out. I was expecting a replacement or atleast them fixing it up for me. This is India and you have roadside cobblers, what would they say if this was abroad? Nothing. I really was a little pissed on the kind of customer response I got. Well try your luck and let me know how Loft experience is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks