Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2009, 10:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
That's a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm sure he meant safer than most metros.

That said, i have no faith in cops in my city. OT, but this is just to highlight my point.
I'm in my third year of engineering. 3 friends and i were having a smoke in a bylane near the joint where we normally eat. We weren't shouting, playing loud music or doing anything that could have caused anyone to have complained. All of a sudden this Flying Squad Qualis pulls up and a senior constable starts yelling. YELLING! He yanks our keys and orders us into the the car. We were too stunned (and slightly scared to be honest).

In the car, without any explanation, he started telling us about the case that was going to be registered against us for 'public nuisance'. (???) We , obviously didn't want any more trouble, so we spoke to the bugger decently and emptied all our wallets and somehow gave him 500 bucks. I suspect the junior constable with him was slightly drunk

And back to the topic, my blood boils to see women treated like this. They deserve to feel bad about it though if they don't complain. I think most girls are just scared that the whole police complaint process might become a messy affair.

I remember once, two guys made a comment as my mum passed by them. I got out of the car and was a couple of breaths away from mauling the lowlife before my mum pulled me away. Not worth it she said. If he had done anything more though I'd have left him a few inches from death.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th May 2009 at 15:30. Reason: cleanup

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks