Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 22:26   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

More disgusting stuff

I have a couple of friends studying in an economics college in Madras(the famous one).

The college is within the Anna University campus. There is some construction work going on and that obviously means some construction workers living in the area.

Yesterday, while one girl was talking on the phone, 3 men literally pounced on her. One made some comment and another grabbed her hand and started pulling her. She luckily managed to get away. She didnt report this to any senior people or anyone because she was too shocked and embarassed about it.

Today, another girl was climbing the stairs to the auditorium and three guys had a camera with them and were taking pics of her.

This is how disgusting college campuses have become in our country. Both girls dont want their names dragged in and so are keeping quiet. They plan on writing an anonymous letter to the concerned people(YEAH RIGHT!! Like that's going to help).

The girls are afraid that if they complain, then the cheap buggers will target them and try to do something worse.

This is so pathetic, it makes my blood boil. I mean, these are young college students. Mostly 22 -24 years of age! They have no security within their own college?!?!

I have a few friends there and I know I can trust their judgement when they say that the girls are very decent and DO NOT indulge in hanky panky of any sort.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th February 2009 at 02:07. Reason: Mind your language please.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:37   #2
BANNED

Very sad state of affairs, a management that cannot look after/protect the basic rights of its occupents, should be changed instantly. But this is just the reflection of the larger part, the rot in the society which is ever inflating. People have lost all moral values & the respect for other persons rights is absent.
Such abusers should be dealt with firmly & an example should be created by awarding them exemplary punishment, so that offenders feel dettered in future in committing such crimes.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is just not acceptable. I hope someone sets these characters right!
Same goes with what happened in Mangalore.Pathetic!
Old 26th February 2009, 22:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Disgusting on behalf of men who behave like this. At the same time, its really sad that women are subjected to such treatment and are helpless in a way.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Anna university campus is having this 'Techofes' cultural events. So, most probably it must have been drunk outsiders who have done this.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:18   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Anna university campus is having this 'Techofes' cultural events. So, most probably it must have been drunk outsiders who have done this.
Nope. These pathetic low lifes have been seen inside their campus. They are not the drunk outsiders. They ARE construction workers. They have been seen working when not molesting girls.

All I can think of is Sam's incident at the Taj Mahal when he had gone there with Jenny. If I knew the girl whose pic was clicked and I was there at that time, those guys would have had a bad time.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Eve-teasing is severely punished in Chennai. There are helplines for women and All-women police stations. There's no appealing/justifying once a girl points at someone in the police station.
Find the number. Make a call. At the least, cops would show up at the construction site and give a stern warning.
After all,these are construction workers(high probability that they are non-natives) and not influential people.Request the cops to keep it anonymous and there should be no recurrence. Else, who knows what will happen tomorrow?
Old 26th February 2009, 23:28   #8
BHPian

I'm sad that such an incident happened in my college. Today for instance a drunk 'outsider' 'felt up ' my friend in a crowd. I got to know about this an hour later and man, did my blood boil. Its sad these losers have to resort to cheap stunts like this.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its real bad, but again shows our country's culture. I would have given them bad time anyways. Nikhil do one thing : Get two three more guys like you. Start beating those three guys like hell. Literally. This is the only way to deal with them.
The good voice has to come up at one point of time, our country is well past this phase and the good voice coming up is more of necessity for our country now.

Have you heard of Patan case ? I know cases where even the young teachers are as bad as these three guys.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

That's really sad!
One incident I eyewitnessed from a bus which was moving slowly: A guy from a group of 5-7 hooligans (15-16 yr olds) pushed one among the group real hard towards a young girl passing by, but luckily missed the girl. Believe me guys the girl would have been seriously injured had the guy who was pushed not missed her. These incidents are utterly digusting.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:45   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its real bad, but again shows our country's culture. I would have given them bad time anyways. Nikhil do one thing : Get two three more guys like you. Start beating those three guys like hell. Literally. This is the only way to deal with them.
The good voice has to come up at one point of time, our country is well past this phase and the good voice coming up is more of necessity for our country now.

Have you heard of Patan case ? I know cases where even the young teachers are as bad as these three guys.
I'm in Bangalore buddy :( . I wish I was in Madras right now though.

@nitrous --- Check PM.
Old 27th February 2009, 06:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I have a few friends there and I know I can trust their judgement when they say that the girls are very decent and DO NOT indulge in hanky panky of any sort.
Actually, this disclaimer was not required.
Old 27th February 2009, 06:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is horrible.but this is common all over indiaJust hate these kinda losers,just feel like killing them on the spot(wish i had the right to do so).
Old 27th February 2009, 09:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Makes me sad to see as to how the moral values have degenerated over the years...
Old 27th February 2009, 09:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

It has a lot to do with the good folks all "minding their own business" and keeping quiet in the vicinity. Such louts, including the Mangalore and Bangalore varierty in the recent past, are indirectly emboldened by our inaction as a community and polity.

Most Viewed