Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:59   #76
BHPian

Re: Can a Company Deny PF payment after leaving Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I hope you remember all the PF numbers! Also I hope you had a clean exit, and HR's of your old companies are cooperative! Do all communication on Register post with acknowledgment only. Use Indian Postal while communicating with PF office. usually PF office have indifferent attitude if any communication is done via Courier!
Thats not a problem since all my previous companies PF number reflects on the payslips which i preserved carefully in file and Yes, I had a clean chit from all my organizations irrespective of what (Relieving letter, experience letter, full and final payment letter etc.) Very useful tip indeed regarding the registered post. Thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger View Post
The withdrawal of PF should however be a relatively hassle free process for you. What you need to do is send a filled form-19, and a canceled cheque to each of the respective HRDs of the companies. The PF money should be in your bank account after 90 days (maximum). The onus of withdrawing the PF would in this case lie on the company HR.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need additional clarifications.
Withdrawal of PF is my last resort if nothing works. As a first attempt i will try hard to transfer all PF accounts to single account with my current employer. Thanks anyways for extending the help. I need to now fast start the process of sending Form 13 to all the employers via registered post
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:19   #77
Senior - BHPian

Lazybrain ( hate to call that but it is your id ) I think Form 13 is the only option for your if you want to get the funds transferred to one account.

May be regular follow up with old employers so that they respond to Form 13 in time will be required also you need to stick to your current job till all the transfers are done so take a 2 year horizon,
If this is not feasible withdraw using form 19
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
That is not possible if jobs are in different cities (different PF offices). When you join a new company, a new PF account is created in first payroll. Merging of older PF account with this one takes 6 months to an year.

New company can not credit PF in old account since that would be in a different PF office.
The option of opening a new account is available only if an previous account does not exists. As far as I am aware every company gives this option even if it is in different city. The company should be taking care of the transfers between the PF offices and not the employee. I would not know what the company does in the interim before the PF account gets transferred.

What I have seen is the companies who maintain the PF account through a trust get the transfers done much more faster than the usual approach through PF offices, even the PF withdrawal happens fast.
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:48   #79
BANNED

Whatever may be the contract PF is sacrosanct. Even if there are bankruptcy proceedings against you the PF funds cannot be attached. They can, of course pay you, and then file a claim against you.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The option of opening a new account is available only if an previous account does not exists. As far as I am aware every company gives this option even if it is in different city.
That is not the case, company can only open account with the PF office it is attached to. This account gets a new number.

This what PF Office (EPFO) has to say on this:

Quote:
How to transfer my account / What to do if I join another establishment ?

You have to apply in From-13 through the NEW Employer at the EPF Office from which transfer is saught clearly stating New and Old EPF Numbers. You have to obtain new EPF Number from your New Employer. New EPF Number will be allotted by New Employer, not by EPFO
Basically, you get new PF account and transfer balance from old account.

Source : http://www.epfkerala.in/benefit.html

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 2nd June 2011 at 18:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks