Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 07:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dont care about traffic laws any more, then weekend expense will be more!!!

Not much cared about the traffic laws? Then add more money to your pocket for the weekend expense

Quote:
In a special drive against traffic violators during the weekend, the police fined 2,945 drivers to the tune of Rs 20 lakh. The violations included 900 cases of drunken driving, 577 for signal jumping, 190 for helmetless riding, 685 with dazzling headlights and other violations. The police said those booked for drunken driving have to be present in court within the next three days, failing which warrants will be issued. Driving under the influence of liquor is a serious offence, and a repeat occurrence can lead to imprisonment, police said.

Last edited by mjothi : 16th March 2009 at 07:59.
Old 16th March 2009, 08:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

This is indeed good. I was disgusted this weekend seeing how blatantly people were jumping signals just because it was a sunday. Noone had regard to any signals.

There was a Santro who was ripping in the rain yesterday evening on my way back from Yelahanka. I let him pass as he was tailgating in the rain. He then jumped the signal. 5 minutes later I found him inside the boot of an Optra. He rear ended the optra as the car skidded and the optra went and hit a Meru cab.
Old 16th March 2009, 08:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There was a Santro who was ripping in the rain yesterday evening on my way back from Yelahanka. I let him pass as he was tailgating in the rain. He then jumped the signal. 5 minutes later I found him inside the boot of an Optra. He rear ended the optra as the car skidded and the optra went and hit a Meru cab.
That was bad, I pity those Optra and Meru cab guys. But these cab guys are also no lesser in anyway. On my way back from airport last weekend, this guy was crusing at 100-110+ in that stretch by driving through all the gaps he can gain in all the lanes. Eventhough I told him I am in no hurry, it went just in vain.

Good that you allowed him to go ahead and saved your rear

Last edited by mjothi : 16th March 2009 at 08:14.
Old 16th March 2009, 13:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

I saw a very strange accident yesterday night, between an Indica and a Wagon R.
Both were in their respective lanes wit a divider separating them but still managed to crash. The only explanation I could find is, indica speeding --suddenly has to brake to avoid someone. Car skids and turns towards the divider with the front touching the small divider and the nose on the other side. A wagonR coming in the right most lane crashes into the protruding nose of the Indica. Both are still in their own lanes but with damaged vehicles .

A rough pic attached. It took me a few minutes to figure out what could have happened. One strange accident.

EDIT:: On the topic, I saw a lot of cars and bikes being stopped on the whitefield road on Friday and saturday.
I had gone to a party on Sat. and while returning as usual gave the keys to my wife as i had had alcohol. Not more than 500 mts from the venue (radha hometel, opposite SAP) at the junction we were stopped by cops. The cops looked at me sitting at the passenger seat. Asked my wife for the license, and let us go. No harrassment, no papers (it is a HR car) they could have easily harrassed us if they wanted to.
Attached Thumbnails
Dont care about traffic laws any more, then weekend expense will be more!!!-acc.jpg  

Last edited by sammyboy : 16th March 2009 at 13:55.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Not much cared about the traffic laws? Then add more money to your pocket for the weekend expense
Sorry but didnt get the part which had "dazzling headlights." What are those? Bright lights? Or on the same lines of HIDs?
Old 16th March 2009, 14:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Anant - They don't have any particular specifications for 'dazzling headlights'. It is decided at the whims & fancies of the cop who stops you.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Sorry but didnt get the part which had "dazzling headlights."
My guess is headlights on high beam.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sunday also I witnessed a small accident that involved a cop and a biker. I went to Mission road to give some exam. I was returning through Urvashi theater road to J.P. Nagar. On the junction of RV ROAD and LALBAGH ROAD cops generally stand in hiding (left side) from oncoming traffic and jump infront of them to stop and make quick bucks.

I was in middle lane and to my left one biker was there (Bajaj Discover). Signal turns green and we started moving towards South End Circle. Biker was in speed of 25 - 35 Kmph as left lane a little empty. Suddenly a traffic cop jumped in front of him and biker was unable to brake on time (I do not know, it was intentionally or unintentionally). He hit cop right on middle spot and cop fell down. Then Biker also able to control his vehicle. Bikes front tyre was in between two legs of cop.

I do not know what happen then... I had to move as signal was green.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Sorry but didnt get the part which had "dazzling headlights." What are those? Bright lights? Or on the same lines of HIDs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
My guess is headlights on high beam.
Yes my guess is also same. Seen in several places in the city with the board mentioning not to use high beam, but who cares

Most Viewed