Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 07:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Annual Tax Statement from ITD

Received a mail from the Indian Tax Department with the tax details of my 2008-09 filing.

Seems to be that our government is heading in the right direction with respect to automation. This is definitely a good move, especially for people for whom a credit is due.

Way to go!
Old 21st March 2009, 11:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

I too got it. THat indeed great direction.

Abhi
Old 21st March 2009, 11:54   #3
BHPian

I too got.
Old 21st March 2009, 12:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Everyone who files ITR got one.
Old 21st March 2009, 19:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Govt. getting us to do their work is illegal

I filed my returns showing TDS, fully supported by certificates.

I got this mail showing a lesser amount of TDS. What got my goat is the suggestion/advice from the IT Department that if any TDS amount is missing to get in touch with the person who deducted the tax (TDS).

This is clearly against the law. The Income-tax Act says that once TDS is made, I have no recourse against the person making the TDS. Getting him to pay to the government and reconciling the TDS payments is the Government's headache.

This attempt to palm off their responsibility to us, the poor tax-payers, smacks of extreme high-handedness on the part of the beaureaucrats and only demonstrates their ignorance, disregard and disrespect for the law besides highlighting their utter incomptetence and inability to do the job that they are paid to do.

It would be interesting to examine the liability of the Income-tax officers including the members of the CBDT and the Secretaries to the Govt. of India (and the person deducting the tax) under the criminal law, in instances where TDS is made but credit is not given. They might be liable for Cheating, Obtaining property by cheating, Fraud, Criminal conspiracy, Misappropriation of property + half a dozen other provisions relating to offences against property, criminal conspiracy etc.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 21st March 2009 at 19:57.
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:29   #6
BHPian

I got the mail but my wife did not. The joke is that the statement shown my old address while I got a proper refund on my present address. Seems the left hand does not know what the right hand does in ITD.
Old 23rd March 2009, 07:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I got the mail but my wife did not. The joke is that the statement shown my old address while I got a proper refund on my present address. Seems the left hand does not know what the right hand does in ITD.
Hahaha... same problem here! Even though the change in company has been reflected, the address is still of the old one.
Old 23rd March 2009, 10:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I filed my returns showing TDS, fully supported by certificates.

I got this mail showing a lesser amount of TDS. What got my goat is the suggestion/advice from the IT Department that if any TDS amount is missing to get in touch with the person who deducted the tax (TDS).
Heard that this is a common issue in data integration platform of IT Dept.

Someitmes it is not able to match all TDS to your PAN.

Usually your CA would be able to take care of that.

YOu just need to submit a copy of ALL TDS certs to IT Dept with a letter explaining this error.

CA should take care of all this for 100 - 200 Rs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks