Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th October 2019, 13:49   #1831
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Help smoking Team-BHP members quit smoking

Classic example of why we should not use Google as our doctor! Anyway, glad your fears were unfounded.

I guess gum does not usually lead to long-term substitution. You are still addicted to nicotine.

If you want to change this, I have a suggestion for you: throw the gum away and switch to patches. Gum is closer to the smoking experience, giving a nicotine peak and the experience more like a cigarette. Patches do not cause a peak, but keep the nicotine level just enough not to get bad withdrawal symptoms. A course involves using progressively smaller patches until we don't need them at all.

It's up to you if you want to deal this final blow to nicotine. Even though you are being kinder to your lungs by not inhaling smoke, it is probably worth it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 14:07   #1832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Classic example of why we should not use Google as our doctor! Anyway, glad your fears were unfounded.

I guess gum does not usually lead to long-term substitution. You are still addicted to nicotine.

If you want to change this, I have a suggestion for you: throw the gum away and switch to patches. Gum is closer to the smoking experience, giving a nicotine peak and the experience more like a cigarette. Patches do not cause a peak, but keep the nicotine level just enough not to get bad withdrawal symptoms. A course involves using progressively smaller patches until we don't need them at all.

It's up to you if you want to deal this final blow to nicotine. Even though you are being kinder to your lungs by not inhaling smoke, it is probably worth it.
Thanks,
Will surely try it out and update after sometime.
Sanetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote