Team-BHP - Help smoking Team-BHP members quit smoking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Help smoking Team-BHP members quit smoking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5567-help-smoking-team-bhp-members-quit-smoking-2.html)

hey revtech do u smoke or have you ever tried to smoke

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine
Although i do intend to quit later,but not so soon.

X

Now you have intention to quit smoking. Just mark this date on your calendar.

Whenever you realize that you had thought of quitting smoking sometime back, just go back to the marked date, I challenge that you will get shocked to get the truth , it was way way way back. The bottom line here is days will roll out like anything.

In contrast, if you quit smoking, the days will move in snails pace. You would have thought it was way back, but in reality, it will be only few months :D

BAD THINGS CATCH UP QUICKLY & GOOD THINGS DOES NOT STICK AS WE EXPECT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
In contrast, if you quit smoking, the days will move in snails pace. You would have thought it was way back, but in reality, it will be only few months :D

Right and the days run at snails pace as you really have to look at doing something for the first time since beginning smoking. :)

Self hypnosis can help quit smoking. It builds the necessary will power that is required to quit any addiction. Some people had success using medicines but results vary and person may revert back to smoking.

Well...I have been smoking from 91 on.....not really a chain smoker but never ever stopped smoking in between except for a day (that too cuz I was sleeping for the whole 24 hrs :D)......

As far as trying to smoke is concerned, never felt the need for it...but probably will (i dunno)....who knows....

Cheers!!!

Well i started smoking when i was in Inter 1st year...
not its been 7 years since i have started...
i have tried many time to stop smoking but started after few days...
The MAX time i left smoking was for 6 months...
then again started...
dont rember why i started...

smoking is injurious to health
health is wealth
if you quit smoking wealth will flow
if you have never smoked means your already wealthy

if i count back till date 3 full cigarettes is all i have smoked
and half a BD thats it

since i am not a smoker, quitting is out of the question

Uh - oh, I've been smoking for about 20 years now !!! Although only about 3 per day.
I think it is high time I quit.
The worst part is that I've got a carton of Malboros from the Singapore duty free only last week. Will have to gift all the packets away :(

I believe I'm on the path to quitting smoking totally, all I can say is it begins with the realization that how bad a cigarette actually tastes, and then realizing that hangin around with buddies who smoke is going to make it even more difficult to resist, cigarrettes are like little toys which one urges to have to feel like a true part of the group.
As for the times when I felt like smoking after getting stressed out, I'm figuring that the good way to get around that too.

Quote:

Now you have intention to quit smoking. Just mark this date on your calendar.

Whenever you realize that you had thought of quitting smoking sometime back, just go back to the marked date, I challenge that you will get shocked to get the truth , it was way way way back. The bottom line here is days will roll out like anything.

Nahhh.....its probably not meant for me.I am not 'addicted' to anything at all. ;) And moreover,for me a decision once taken is the final verdict.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine
Nahhh.....its probably not meant for me.I am not 'addicted' to anything at all. ;) And moreover,for me a decision once taken is the final verdict.

X

Do you smoke or take liquor

Quote:

Do you smoke or take liquor

Both.They go hand-in-hand you see. :)

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
For anyone wanting to quit smoking, try and download this vid.

Shan2nu

Where can i dwnld this VDO ...
Surely wud like to see it if it can help quit smoking ...
But at the moment i choose to smoke ..
Will quit at the rite moment

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
Will quit at the rite moment

Easier said than done .

What the heck !!

Anyone can quit smoking - it takes a real man to face cancer

:D