Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 20:37   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

@drifter, I really surprised myself by taking up the habit. And because of this i have never encouraged anyone to smoke and even if they want to try i just tell thm to buzz off. I am really trying to quit.
@steeroid - I don't know why, but each day i don't have a smoke, i am much more irritable and feel really low in energy.
Old 19th June 2007, 20:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

used to smoke around 15 ciggies a day few month back and now its less than a pack. Most difficult is controlling the urge to smoke while or after a nice drinking session. on weekends its only around 2-3 a day.

Would love to kick the habit but i love to smoke when i am enjoyin a drink.

had given it up previously for months together.
Old 19th June 2007, 21:00   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
well i tried it once after that coughed my lung out after that ever touched it or will touch.
I touch ciggs everyday lol and even do passive smoking (people smoking near me lol) but i never have even tried it nor i will. One more thing i dont drink either. Never even tasted beer .. Just drink without alcohol fruit beer at times....

@lambo how old are you ?? damn u smoke... STOP IT. Its still as early age for you i suppose if you havent been fooling us all these years with your age
Old 19th June 2007, 21:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Would love to kick the habit but i love to smoke when i am enjoyin a drink.
Yeah, its tougher for guys that drink, to quit smoking - drinks and smoke have this connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
had given it up previously for months together.
I can sort of imagine why and when.
Old 19th June 2007, 21:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@drifter, I really surprised myself by taking up the habit. And because of this i have never encouraged anyone to smoke and even if they want to try i just tell thm to buzz off. I am really trying to quit.
@steeroid - I don't know why, but each day i don't have a smoke, i am much more irritable and feel really low in energy.
That's just your body's increasing dependency on nicotine. You will feel irritable everytime that you don't get your fix. If you've just started, this would be a good time to start thinking about quitting. The longer you keep the habit, the more you will grow dependent on it.

I quit since yesterday. 5 years of smoking, 5 years of studying engineering. Though I enjoyed every smoke thoroughly, now it has no purpose. I also hate craving for one everytime I had to study. I quit on and off quite a few times. This time is for real. Though one is known to come up with a good excuse every time.
Old 20th June 2007, 00:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Hmmm... thats an interesting comparision, As far I know fuel would put out more carcinogens than anything else in the world.
Fuel, if properly burnt, should give out nothing but CO2 and water. That's if your fuel is clean and your car is well-tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I quit since yesterday.
Good on you!
Old 20th June 2007, 00:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
well i tried it once after that coughed my lung out after that ever touched it or will touch.
Well, i am coughing my lung out for the last 3 days & still continuing to have my quota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yeah, its tougher for guys that drink, to quit smoking - drinks and smoke have this connection.

I can sort of imagine why and when.
Another co-incidence that i noticed is that guys who smoke invariably drink but not vice versa, think about that.
Old 20th June 2007, 20:15   #98
BHPian

The first step to quiting is:
Accept the fact that you're addicted to it.
I've heard people say, I've said this myself too, I can kick it out any time I want to. Thats just plain denial that you're not addicted to it.

I used to do 3 packs a day for most of the past 10 years; and now have reduced to less than 1 pack. But for me to kick it, I know it's not going to be easy.
We could collage all ideas here and probably come up with a best plan . But till then, for all smokers outhere.. Kippuffing.

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 20th June 2007 at 20:16. Reason: Typo
Old 21st June 2007, 11:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

talking about smokers, i happen to pick this one from some one's(i think its jay) signature:

"cigerette does the smoking, you just a sucker."

Stop being a sucker.
Old 27th June 2007, 20:13   #100
BHPian

been smoking for close to 15 years now. do between 10~15 a day. Quit for 4 months in between. Then New Years happened and bam, with all those parties and booze flowing, got sucked into it again. haven't quit since. but am thinking a lot these days about quitting.

its come to the point where I *need* the cigarette and not just *want* it. and this has kind of taken the pleasure off the whole process.
Old 16th July 2007, 14:13   #101
Senior - BHPian

This has got nothing to do with whats on this thread and I've never bothered looking in here, though I was aware that Surprise had 2 anti-smoking threads running.

I'm onto my 5th day without tobacco - the 2nd time I've tried quitting. The first time it lasted 3 1/2 years, so I'm hoping to be able to beat that record.

Here's wishing myself luck!
Old 16th July 2007, 14:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

I used to smoke before (not much about 6 cigs a day). Always thought of quitting but couldn't. Then I switched to lights and then ultra lights. They were not giving any satisfaction which was good. I could tell myself that there are worthless.
Later one day I had to go to a doctor and there was a questionnaire that I had fill. It asked if I smoke currently. I ticked "NO" and then that was it.
Maybe it would be difficult for someone who smokes more. I hate the smell of smoke now.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:01   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This has got nothing to do with whats on this thread and I've never bothered looking in here, though I was aware that Surprise had 2 anti-smoking threads running.

I'm onto my 5th day without tobacco - the 2nd time I've tried quitting. The first time it lasted 3 1/2 years, so I'm hoping to be able to beat that record.

Here's wishing myself luck!
Hey Steer, all the best from a sucessful quitter. Great that you have the will. There is a way.

Just hold on for 2 weeks and you are through.
Old 17th July 2007, 18:03   #104
Team-BHP Support

Maybe moving to Chandigarh would help those looking to quit!
Old 17th July 2007, 18:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Maybe moving to Chandigarh would help those looking to quit!
Rtech - why is that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks