Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 17:34   #466
Senior - BHPian

22 days, and feeling totally down

I had lost around 12 KG due to health problems and after quitting I regained 2KG within 2 weeks!! That's a good news
Old 16th February 2010, 18:52   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
22 days, and feeling totally down

I had lost around 12 KG due to health problems and after quitting I regained 2KG within 2 weeks!! That's a good news
You will feel much heathier after quitting, at least I did! Good luck and stay away from the butt
Old 16th February 2010, 22:43   #468
BHPian

How is it coming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
You will feel much heathier after quitting, at least I did! Good luck and stay away from the butt
Hey there wolfheart, how is it coming along. how far along are you now without the butt?
Old 16th February 2010, 22:59   #469
BHPian

Came across this thread, hmmm it may be easy to quit, all it requires will power and abstinence from alcohol.

I have honestly tried 2 times, I went without smoke for almost a month but I don't know when i started again with my habitual alcohol & "just a puff only" attitude. I got sucked into this again.. but tell you the smoke does feel weird during this breakaway process...

I decided I need to continue or quit, I felt I took the right decision with a clear mind (i.e.) to continue smoking..
Old 17th February 2010, 10:39   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Hello Buttkickers

In another ten days I'll be completing two months! How's everyone else doing?
Congrats.

Almost 1.5 years and still going strong.
Food tastes great now doesn't it.

My greatest joy is in when I am sitting close to someone in my family I never have to worry about how I smell.

This is the key to success
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No, but you still have to store up some will power for those sneaky moments that occur, even up to years, later.

Forewarned is forearmed! ...as the saying goes.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:57   #471
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a sms from past 1 week that there is some electronic cigratte which helps in this problem. I used to delete that as I didn't use/wanted it. I saw this thread now and I will try to put up the info next time when I get this msg.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:01   #472
BHPian

Good going there smoke quitters!

I quit on midnight of 28 Feb 2007, i.e., on early hours of 1st March 2007 when I did a wild thud (check my garage to know for better understanding of these words 'wild thud') to my Zen. I threw the cigar in my mouth the very next second out of the car, never to smoke again. I had tried many times earlier unsuccessfully to quit from the very early months into smoking until 9years, until that moment.

I just feels wonderful, & made me think & realize that what was lost in smoke. I have also encourage people to quit smoking (and newbies to stay away) giving myself as a example. Was successful enough for a few heads to stay away from it.

Try, it is worth the life! You will never breathe & live better with it!
Old 17th February 2010, 12:20   #473
BHPian

My way of staying away

Well actually in my case I have commitment issue(Im happily married though) so the thought of not smoking at all was a bit claustrophobic for me so In order to stay away from the stick I have promised myself that I havent quit smoking, I m just on a break and will get back to it post my retirement. A smoke a Drink and floyd or metallica playing in the background a huge glass window may be 20 X 30 feet over looking lush landscape or sea. Ahhhhh thats my retirement plan. Getting back to work now , th faster the years pass by the closer I get to my dream.....

Last edited by MihirC : 17th February 2010 at 12:24. Reason: Advanced posting options
Old 17th February 2010, 15:20   #474
BHPian

@Bblost: Thanks buddy!

@Mihir: I'm completing two months on the 25th. I've gained some weight because I've been gorging on red meat. Somehow chicken doesn't taste that great after I quit smoking. It's uncanny that my dream flat is very similar to the one that you imagined. The only exception is that I fantasize about playing Megadeth and Type - O - Negative.

@ everyone else: In my opinion smoking is more of a habit than an addiction. You may call it a psychological addiction.I never craved nicotine per se but would habitually smoke when I drank, smoked when friends lit up and smoked after lunch. Once you stay off and break the habit, that's it. You won't crave for them much. Whether you smoke electronic cigarettes or herbal cigarettes, you're still smoking and feeding the habit. The key is to kill the habit. That's what did the trick for me. Good luck to all of you.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:25   #475
Senior - BHPian

I completed 1 month without ciggy, feeling better
Old 25th February 2010, 23:20   #476
BHPian

congrats lateesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I completed 1 month without ciggy, feeling better
Congrats mate. now keep the 1 month as a kind of bench mark and take each day as it comes. all the best to you man, i ll complete 2 yrs on 9th may.
Old 26th February 2010, 01:07   #477
Senior - BHPian

Am using Trident mouth freshner which is more like a gum. Been having one every time i have a carving. Been 8 days but it has been tough.

+vs: No smelly clothes
People dont stare like they used to before
More consumption of coffee and food.
No standing in the cold weather taking puffs

Well all this has been easy as i havent been out drinking for a week. That part would be tough.

Hum, honge kaamyaab!!!

PS: Well this may be the second or third time am announcing it here. So please dont beat me. Always let myself down on this aspect! Hope i succeed now. Need your support
Old 26th February 2010, 08:36   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Congrats mate. now keep the 1 month as a kind of bench mark and take each day as it comes. all the best to you man, i ll complete 2 yrs on 9th may.
Thanks for your support friend, yes this time I do not have any other option but QUIT.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:03   #479
BHPian

We had been praying for my dad to quit for decades. Finally our prayers were heard in the most unusual way and guess what, he broke his right wrist!

Unfortunately, only a blow that strong could make him quit. On the brighter side, almost when we had given up all hope, he quit. It's amazing, praise the Lord!

Tobacco products are further taxed I heard, that's a super move. Hope a cigarette becomes 10rs per stick and beyond! Atleast then, people may be forced to quit!
Old 26th February 2010, 15:11   #480
BHPian

Update

I completed two months yesterday. I don't crave cigarettes at all anymore.

Most Viewed