Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 03:14   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Saw Avatar over the weekend.

The story is very simply & resembles with an old Hindi movie.

The special effects are simply awesome but i seriously feel that we need a good theater with great picture & sound quality to enjoy this movie.

One must watch this to see how advanced CGI has got but yes this is no edge of the seat entertainment.

My rating

3.5/5
Saw this few hours back and its a ok kinda movie.
I saw it at TGIP noida and was a 3d. Somehow i felt 3d glasses are straining my eyes more than usual. anyone else felt the same?

Rating -3/5
Old 22nd December 2009, 04:08   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I saw it at TGIP noida and was a 3d. Somehow i felt 3d glasses are straining my eyes more than usual. anyone else felt the same?

Rating -3/5
You are not alone
How to Not Get a Headache Watching Avatar or Any 3D Movie FirstShowing.net
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:52   #1548
BHPian

Just Saw "We are Marshall" Based on true incidents. Awesome Movie..Highly Recommended
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:50   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

Rating -3/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Even I got headache while watching Avatar. Infact, of the 4 guys who went for the movie, 2 people with normal eyesight got headache while the other 2 who wear prescription glasses (and wore the 3d glasses over the regular glasses) didn't get any . Probably they are already used to focusing on the important parts like the link suggested by mohit.
Old 25th December 2009, 19:58   #1550
BANNED

Guys, anyone got a chance to view Sherlock Holmes? I think it is releasing today and and it's got some excellent reviews. Now coming to the point I posted this-

The movie sound track just happens to be amazing, it's by Hans Zimmer. Check it out guys. Just open the movie site SHERLOCK HOLMES and let it load. After the trailers just wait until it counts 100 and then I think it's the sound tracks that start and they keep playing one after the other and they are just great listening. I am still listening to them as I type this and it's been going on since 30 mins now!
Old 25th December 2009, 21:45   #1551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Sherlock Holmes?

The movie sound track just happens to be amazing, it's by Hans Zimmer.!
Hans Zimmer is a genius.

Pirates of the Carribean, the 2 Chris Nolan Batmans (Returns and TDK), Da Vinci code, Tears of the Sun, Last Samurai and more. Sheer Genius.
Old 26th December 2009, 00:05   #1552
Senior - BHPian

^^^^
sam bhai add to that list " black hawk down"
Old 26th December 2009, 02:05   #1553
Senior - BHPian

^^+ a bunch of Disney/Pixar animated movies.
He is a legend!
Old 26th December 2009, 04:52   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Watched Sherlock Holmes Premier show

Good acting by the lead and Watson. Takes time to get the accent. Lots of dan brown influence. Worth a watch and few good action scenes in it.

3/5
Old 26th December 2009, 10:56   #1555
BHPian

Got to see AVATAR at INNOX on 2D

movie wasn't all that great. 5 star ratings on times of india, reviwer must have been bribed for sure.Agreed visual Cgi was colourfull and vivid. felt like watching a video game on my ps3 at times. No edge of the seat entertainment , In fact i left the theater at the interval as the movie was 3 hrs long has other work to do. was disappointed not worth the trouble

2/5
Old 27th December 2009, 15:28   #1556
Senior - BHPian

1) Avatar : Bad movie. Simply too bad. I am speechless on how bad the movie can be. If human race wanted to take control over planet with weapons that are nothing but bow and arrow, it would be matter of days. May be one or two.

Next, we have nuclear weapons. If things went from bad to worse, I dont think human race will spare another moment to use nuclear weapons.

Also it is shown that Oxygen content is less than earth in Pendora, and that is why they need masks. So how come thing burn so easily, even planes burn as if they do in India.

2) Times reviews :
I dont know why people consider Times reviews as God. I hate them the moment I read their review about Waqt ( Amitabh Bacchan and Akshay Kumar one ). Their words were, " they sob in movie and we sob everyday while coming to office ". The rating was less for Waqt, but that movie turned out to be a hit.

Their rating are of no importance to me. It is better to read reviews on Internet ( and of course, reading reviews on TBHP ) than reading Times reviews.

Dont go for Avatar. There are better ways to show to man's greed. I think we already are suffering from it ( read corruption in India ).
Old 28th December 2009, 01:02   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Not to dispute your review but just to answer the questions raised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Avatar : Bad movie. Simply too bad. I am speechless on how bad the movie can be. If human race wanted to take control over planet with weapons that are nothing but bow and arrow, it would be matter of days. May be one or two.
Actually the mission was run by a corporate and not govt. So it was not easy for them to start a full fledged war on the natives directly without government consent. If they do something like that then there would retributions on the earth by the Media and even may be the govt. would be under pressure to close down their shop. They talked about this in the first part of the movie.

Quote:
Next, we have nuclear weapons. If things went from bad to worse, I dont think human race will spare another moment to use nuclear weapons.
Again, it was the corporates not the govt. So any corporates owning nuclear weapon would be something unheard of. And if they nuke the planet then they would probably even loose that exotic material they were after.

Quote:
Also it is shown that Oxygen content is less than earth in Pendora, and that is why they need masks. So how come thing burn so easily, even planes burn as if they do in India.
Hmmm this may be a point. I was thinking that more than less oxygen problem, it was the air that was filled with toxic gases and hence they were wearing the masks. Anyway I didn't notice this part properly. So this might be a goof up.

Quote:
Dont go for Avatar. There are better ways to show to man's greed. I think we already are suffering from it ( read corruption in India ).
I would say watch it just for the 3D effect or even for the graphics in 2D. Very well elaborated creation of a different world. Story is cliche though, kind of mix of Last Samurai and Matrix.
Old 28th December 2009, 01:29   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Pandorum - The plot was a typical science fiction horror movie plot with some changes.The actors did a good job though ,especially Ben foster.
One time watch.
Old 28th December 2009, 02:29   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Watched Sherlock Holmes Premier show

Good acting by the lead and Watson. Takes time to get the accent. Lots of dan brown influence. Worth a watch and few good action scenes in it.

3/5
Where did you see Sherlock Holmes? Is it out in India yet?
Old 28th December 2009, 07:55   #1560
Senior - BHPian

@Khanak: Watched it in houston. Its out in US but i have no idea if its out here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks