Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 19:15   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Watched 'Kick A**' on hearing about it here. Just awesome. I wont give anything away but one of the most rocking movies i have ever seen. Hit Girl is an absolute delight.
9/10
Kick A** movie
Kick A** music...
Seriously???

I watched the movie and half way I was like
Old 8th June 2010, 19:42   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
THE GREAT ESCAPE - 1962

Never knew this movie existed. What a masterpiece = 9/10

1 mark less as i did not like the way the movie ended. A sure Collectible

Steve McQueen is a rockstar in the movie, i loved the way those Citreons and the Nortons glide across the German countryside.

The movie too is gripping, just loved it all the way.
Yeah the ending is a bit of a downer but this is still one of the greatest WW2 movies ever made.
Old 9th June 2010, 02:38   #2268
BHPian

@Happywheels. Seriously initially it looked as any other neo geeky college guy movie but the way the movie picks up pace is astounding.
Just Love Hit Girl. Again!!!

But i must warn you, not everybody might be pleased to see a 12 yr old vengeance seeking killing machine!!!!

Last edited by coldice4u : 9th June 2010 at 02:40.
Old 9th June 2010, 03:30   #2269
BHPian

Watched "LEAP YEAR" and "Fork in the Road"
both were good and worth the time spent.
Old 9th June 2010, 10:54   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Watched 'Aliens' after a long time yesterday. Sigourney Weaver is excellent in the movie. Although it seems a bit gawdy compared to today's standards, it still holds its own. One of the best movies done by James Cameron.

4 stars from me
Old 9th June 2010, 11:11   #2271
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Yeah the ending is a bit of a downer but this is still one of the greatest WW2 movies ever made.

Read today in TOI that one of the last Surviving soldier died at the age of 97. May his soul RIP.

Will watch it again sometime later

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2010 at 14:39. Reason: We don't encourage piracy on team-bhp.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:54   #2272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
@Happywheels. Seriously initially it looked as any other neo geeky college guy movie but the way the movie picks up pace is astounding.
Just Love Hit Girl. Again!!!

But i must warn you, not everybody might be pleased to see a 12 yr old vengeance seeking killing machine!!!!
Maybe I switched off when the good parts would have started. Let me check it once again.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:16   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Just watched 'Cadillac Man' on MGM.
A simple movie about kidnapping however ending was a sad one.
Robin williams is quiet different and is a decent watch.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:35   #2274
Senior - BHPian

I happened to watch 'Get him to the Greek' yesterday. Rather I was pulled to the theatres. Its is a one time watch. The person who played the character of a faded out singer has played it to perfection. One can pay to watch him. Leave family aside for this one.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:05   #2275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Watch "The Man from Earth". Splendid movie and direction. Movies are supposed to take you places, but this movie will make you think about places! 5/5 from my side to this movie. It adds to my list of top class movies.

+1 - This is one of the best, if not 'the best' film I have seen in my lifetime.

Watched 'Prince of Persia - the sands of time' this weekend. Being a fan of the POP games, and encouraged by the recent POP graphic novel , I had high expectations. But the film is sort of ok - nothing great. Though the characters are nice, I felt the film is a tad too long, and always gives a feeling that something big is to happen at any moment - but nothing of that scale happens!

Last edited by blackasta : 10th June 2010 at 01:07.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:11   #2276
Senior - BHPian

The A-Team
'Overkill is Underrated'

Its based on the popular A-Team TV series. And adaptability is awesome, unlike Miami Vice which was not too good.

The cast is awesome. All fit in their respective roles easily. Mad Murdock is scene stealer with great flying skills. At regular intervals there is action which is great and entertaining, keeping you on tenter hooks. The introduction of all four characters is superb. Loved it all the way.

There are some scenes which needs you to shut your brain off from thinking as it is indeed exaggerated but that's a part of the film that works.

Simply said, its entertaining, its a visual delight and a great popcorn munching experience.

Go for it. 4/5. point deducted for some impossible scenes and a little haywire plot.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:23   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Watch "The Man from Earth". Splendid movie and direction. Movies are supposed to take you places, but this movie will make you think about places! 5/5 from my side to this movie. It adds to my list of top class movies.
Brilliant movie! It's a sci-fi movie without any special effects yet more engrossing and thought provoking than other movies in the same genre. Truly deserves 5/5! It's a must watch!!!
Old 14th June 2010, 19:41   #2278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Err! actually its based on a non fiction novel which in turn is about a true escape attempt from Luft stalag III german POW camp.

Movie is highly dramatized though, giving focus on stupid Americans, where as actual attempt was mainly done by British RAF pows.

Watched two movies over the week end.

1. The Losers (not to be confused with the stupid teen movie that came couple of years ago)

2. Iron Man 2.

I liked Losers very much. Its based on comic and will definitely have a sequel.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:50   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Watched A-Team last night at the theatres. Extreme action and superb humour. Very crisp with almost zero nonsense. I can watch it again, if someone offers it for free again.
Old 15th June 2010, 02:03   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Watched A-Team last night at the theatres. Extreme action and superb humour. Very crisp with almost zero nonsense. I can watch it again, if someone offers it for free again.

I too watched the A-team last saturday - Nice movie - delivers what it promises. Especially the Alpha Mike Foxtrot part

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks