Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 23:03   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Saw this quite different movie yesterday. Different as in Jim Carrey is in a serious role for a change, and pulls it off quite well!
The movie itself has an interesting premise, with Jim Carrey & Kate Winslet , who are lovers, and opt to erase their memories of each other from their mind forever. Its quite mushy in an interesting sort of way..and I liked it! 4.5/5 , half a point extra for being not to Sci-Fi-ie about it all.

Last edited by sajo : 27th July 2010 at 23:04. Reason: Added rating
Old 28th July 2010, 01:44   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Try these:

The Counterfeiters
Glengarry Glen Ross
Thanks Sumit!

Guys, Any other movies which deals with the financial world ?
Old 28th July 2010, 03:22   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Have you Seen Wall Street featuring Michael Douglas & Charlie Sheen? Its an old movie but a fab one
Old 28th July 2010, 03:29   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Have you Seen Wall Street featuring Michael Douglas & Charlie Sheen? Its an old movie but a fab one
If you go back some posts, we started with that. These days, it is being played on friday evening at CNBC.

Thanks.
Old 28th July 2010, 09:39   #2465
BHPian

The Onion Movie. A great satirical movie, 1 time watch by everyone !

Rating : 4/5
Old 28th July 2010, 17:50   #2466
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Angels and Demons" starring Tom Hanks

If you pay attention to the storyline and enjoy a fling with history. Its a really good movie and takes you behind the scenes of vatican and how even at such sacred place there are people who are power-hungry.

Crisp and fast past direction and good acting make this movie really watchable.

That lady with TH is awesome looking. She looked like an italian actress.

Note:-Americans love taking " we know it all" each time to a different level. You know American knowing more about Italian culture and things about vatican more than the cardinal/priests themselves is a bit difficult to digest. Otherwise, this movie is just fine.

4/5

P.S: Next in line is " The Good Shepered" starring Robert De Niro and Matt Damon. Any reviews?
Old 28th July 2010, 18:35   #2467
Senior - BHPian

Rocknrolla. typical Guy Ritchie, its a nice time(as always)when seen in lighter moods.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:50   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line is " The Good Shepered" starring Robert De Niro and Matt Damon. Any reviews?
Awesome movie. Another 4/5 RATING ONE.

A bit slow in the beginning but becomes exciting. I think the best acting of the lot is by Angeline Jolie in this movie.

Quote:
A sequel to Wall Street is releasing soon wherein Gordon Gekko come sout of the Jail and starts teaching in B-Schools that "Greed is Good"

Last edited by MileCruncher : 28th July 2010 at 18:52.
Old 28th July 2010, 19:23   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Rocknrolla. typical Guy Ritchie, its a nice time(as always)when seen in lighter moods.
"Who is a rocknrolla?"

For people who love engaging storylines. And its all bound together with the proverbial "lucky" painting which is never shown in the entire movie in the first place. Brilliant!

P.S. - Any ideas when the sequel will be out? Is it under production?
Old 29th July 2010, 06:14   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
"Who is a rocknrolla?"

For people who love engaging storylines. And its all bound together with the proverbial "lucky" painting which is never shown in the entire movie in the first place. Brilliant!

P.S. - Any ideas when the sequel will be out? Is it under production?
never thought it to be an interesting movie.
the only other guy ritchie movie I've seen is 'lock stock and 2 smoking barrels'. its a fantastic movie.
Old 29th July 2010, 09:11   #2471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
never thought it to be an interesting movie.
the only other guy ritchie movie I've seen is 'lock stock and 2 smoking barrels'. its a fantastic movie.
RockNRolla is good timepass. Not as good LS&2SB or Snatch (both by Guy Ritchie), but surely worth watching. Better than his Sherlock Holmes movie, IMHO.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:23   #2472
Senior - BHPian

operation: endgame

I watched this movie with no expectation. I found traces of 'the tournament' and 'the condemned'

its a dvd movie, so if you have nothing to do for 1 and half hour you may watch it. it has blood galore and the killing spree is quite good. there are some funny scenes too.

but if you see the posters, it shows lots of guns, so i was expecting some adrenaline pumping action scenes, but was disappointed in that way. but this has different kind of action which will keep you entertained.

3/5

Last edited by chevelle : 29th July 2010 at 13:26.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:47   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Inception is a superb sci-fi movie very similar to the Matrix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Just saw Inception. Movie of the decade as far as I'm concerned. Don't have enough adjectives to describe it. You have to see it for yourself to believe how good it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I saw Inception last night too. What. A. Movie. I just don't have words to describe how much i really enjoyed it. I could not take my eyes off the screen even for a micro milli-second. Will not post any spoilers or the story outline or a gist here but please don't miss the first 5 minutes of the movie. And what an end. Got the goosies! Wifey & me were talking about the movie on our way back & even dicussing it this morning. Will go for the movie again. And again. Epic Movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Inception rocked! Was speechless after the movie ended, while the others in the theater were clapping, groaning, heaving sighs! Awesome awesome movie. Hats off to Christopher Nolan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
SPOILER ALERT: I would try to be discreet but still

Think about "Leap of Faith" and his talks with old Saido. I think there lies the clue to your question.
Agree with all you gents. What a movie Inception is. This Nolan fellow has a messed up but brilliant head I tells ya.

Btw - care to present your thoughts on what the ending suggests. especially when right towards the end, the totem seems like its losing momentum (or is it )?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same here.
ending is actually very emotional if you are dog lover like me.
Ultra cute movie. Me and the Mrs watched it together. Sweetest ending ever.

Quote:
Oh yes. Great movie.
Old 30th July 2010, 03:32   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
This is a great mini-series. A couple of episodes are dedicated to a lesser known battle in the Pacific theater which served no strategic purpose, but just a waste of lives on both sides. Tom Hanks as the exec producer really knows how to dish out to quality stuff.

While on Tom Hanks, his series 'From The Earth To The Moon' is another great watch. A very good docu-series on the initial USA-USSR race for space supremacy leading to challenges during the earlier Mercury-Gemini-Apollo missions.

* I am an avid Space/War/Sci-Fi enthusiast *
Hey that sounds good. BTW, loved Apollo 13 and I guess this series (From Earth to the Moon) might be done after that? Sounds like Tom Hanks loves to do a series after doing a movie
I'm yet to finish The Pacific, still stuck at Episode 9, got busy after episode 8 and kind of lost track. This weekend I've finish it.
Old 31st July 2010, 02:31   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Eclipse reviews anyone?
Not much expectation though after full moon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks