Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 16:19   #2596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I saw for 30 mins and then came out of the hall. Not my cup of tea. Absolutely stupid. Though those who like spoofs will like it. Not me though
I'm a fan of spoof movies but have to say that i absolutely hate any movie made by these guys who made "Vampires Suck". They don't know the first thing about making a spoof. They just think that just copying a scene from another movie and putting references to Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan makes it funny . I don't even know how they keep getting money to keep making sucky films. These guys are single handedly responsible for giving spoof movies a bad name. Avoid movies made by these guys at all cost. "Epic Movie", "Disaster Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Date Movie" all of these movies suck and all were made by these 2 guys Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.
If you want to watch good spoofs you need to go back a little and watch movies made by David Zucker, like "Airplane" or the "Naked Gun" movies or the "Hot Shots" movies. Those movies are hilarious and i don't get bored watching them again and again.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:41   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
These guys are single handedly responsible for giving spoof movies a bad name. Avoid movies made by these guys at all cost. "Epic Movie", "Disaster Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Date Movie" all of these movies suck and all were made by these 2 guys Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.
If you want to watch good spoofs you need to go back a little and watch movies made by David Zucker, like "Airplane" or the "Naked Gun" movies or the "Hot Shots" movies. Those movies are hilarious and i don't get bored watching them again and again.
The movies you listed are seriously disgusting. I tried watching them but no such luck. Had to close it after a while. I have seen Hot Shot and it was good. Will see other two spoof movie you mentioned.

But yes, after seeing recent ones, i have forgot watching them.

I would have preferred to watch some other movie twice - say Toy Story 3 or the Other Guys or any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
+1. I loved the movie as well. The action sequences were good. Liked the shooting from the plane.

The one-liners were really good, especially, "He thinks he is running for President".

Worth a watch.

Cheers.
Also the fight between Lundgren and Jet Li was very good and so was the fight of two wrestlers - Austin and UFC starrer - Couture.

And for me the highlight of the movie was the sound of the gun used by Hale Caesar inside the tunnel when other mercenaries had taken cover.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th August 2010 at 18:57. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 20th August 2010, 18:23   #2598
Senior - BHPian

The Living Daylights (1987)

Its a bond movie. Timothy Dalton was the Bond. He is the least favorite bond of mine. But still managed to somehow see the movie.

Its a good movie for its time. Loved the AM. Was it a DBS? Good one time watch.

3/5

Prince of Persia

Its an ok movie. Watchable one time. Too much games influence. But that's understandable.

Watch it if you have nothing else to do. Loved the actress though. She looked pretty.

3/5

Bend it like Beckham

Gave it a shot again after a long time. Its a feel good,fun and inspirational movie. It uplifts us to do something in our life which we may have let go of. Every actor gets well into their character and does the job. Too bad Gurinder Chadha hasn't been able to replicate such a good movie again.

3/5

Last edited by chevelle : 20th August 2010 at 18:31.
Old 20th August 2010, 19:42   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow Venu, thats a wonderful way to WFH. I am curious to know what if you need to attend an office call? Will you step out to the rest room?
Between 11 am and 4 pm, all the people who call me from DC (the US one) will be fast asleep. That explains why I saw Ineption last week .

That is the advantage of being in ERP and working for a single client in far off places.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:44   #2600
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Bend it like Beckham

Gave it a shot again after a long time. Its a feel good,fun and inspirational movie. It uplifts us to do something in our life which we may have let go of. Every actor gets well into their character and does the job. Too bad Gurinder Chadha hasn't been able to replicate such a good movie again.

3/5
Chaddha has one other good movie - it's called "What's cooking?" - no Indian theme here - totally American - nice movie.
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:14   #2601
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " Duplicity" starring Clive Owen, Julia Roberts, Paul Giamatti and Tom Wilkinson.

Story of two ex-agency ( MI6 and CIA) agents ( Clive and Julia respectively) work for two corportate companies and spy to find information of a new product being launched by one of them.

Nice story line, gripping and a bit complicated and needs some focus. Also the movie gets a bit slow at times.

I liked the movie mostly because of two of my favorite character artists ( Paul Giamatti was wonderful and I love Tom Wilkinson in almost every movie)

In summary, a slick movie on corporate spying. Worth one watch for sure.

3/5

P.S: Next in line, is " Up in the Air" starring George Clooney. Review please?
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:50   #2602
BHPian

watched "Expendables" today...Raw action...Good movie to watch.

btw, "Inception" was too good...Only thing is couldn't interpret the climax. me & my wifey had arguments on what is the ending...even the Times of India issue today had various theories
Old 23rd August 2010, 00:00   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
watched "Expendables" today...Raw action...Good movie to watch.

btw, "Inception" was too good...Only thing is couldn't interpret the climax. me & my wifey had arguments on what is the ending...even the Times of India issue today had various theories
Its for the viewer to decide - is he or is he not still in a dream.
Old 23rd August 2010, 02:18   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched " Duplicity" starring Clive Owen, Julia Roberts, Paul Giamatti and Tom Wilkinson.

3/5

P.S: Next in line, is " Up in the Air" starring George Clooney. Review please?
Ya duplicity is a good timepass.

I was disappointed by up in the air. For me it didnt worked at all.
Its slow and predictable.
Old 23rd August 2010, 05:25   #2605
J.Ravi

Last evening, I enjoyed watching Inception at Hoyts, Northland Shopping Centre, Preston, VIC, Australia. Another brilliant masterpiece by Christopher Nolan. The film makes one think a lot about dreams and reality.

My rating: 4/5

Old 23rd August 2010, 09:43   #2606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Finally, someone who shares my views on this movie. I also could not figure out what the hype was all about. Boring and predictable.
------------------------------------------------------------
Saw Insomnia (Al Pacino, Robin Williams and directed by Nolan). Loved the acting, the performances and the characterization. Its a story of a cop trying to catch a killer, but with a twist Rating: 3.75 stars
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:24   #2607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Finally, someone who shares my views on this movie. I also could not figure out what the hype was all about. Boring and predictable
Hmmm. I am saddened to see this feedback. Nevertheless, i like GC and will bear the movie for him
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:26   #2608
Team-BHP Support

^^ You sound like my wife
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:34   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, someone who shares my views on this movie. I also could not figure out what the hype was all about. Boring and predictable.
I too did not find the movie "Up in the air" that good, since too many people went oooh ahhh about it, I felt, I may be a one off guy and my taste in movies is bad. Well, now I am happy that I am not alone.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:43   #2610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^ You sound like my wife
George Clooney is the "only" guy that i drool about. And trust me, I am completely straight

Most Viewed