Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:52   #2611
Team-BHP Support

Regarding "Up in the Air", the ending was in a way sad for those of us who want happy endings.
Old 24th August 2010, 03:18   #2612
BHPian

Watched "Green Zone" and "The Shinning" this last weekend. GZ to me was an ok movie. Coming from the Bourne combination i was expecting more.

TS - I watched this movie after i heard from someone that Summer Island resembled TS. I didn't find the link though but it was a good performance from Jack nickelson.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:02   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Caught 'The Experiment' last night. Starring Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker, its based on a real study about a prison simulation psychological experiment..
The film is being released straight to dvd.
worth watching.
3.5/5 from my end.

Last edited by blackasta : 24th August 2010 at 10:04.
Old 24th August 2010, 10:55   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Anybody knows which is the car used throughout the movie 'Momento (2000)" by Guy Pearce?
It looks like a Jaguar to me, But not sure what model is that.

sorry, I couldn't find a better image of it: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mV9l1enMqvk/0.jpg
Old 24th August 2010, 11:37   #2615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Friends,

Anybody knows which is the car used throughout the movie 'Momento (2000)" by Guy Pearce?

sorry, I couldn't find a better image of it: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mV9l1enMqvk/0.jpg
It is a Jaguar XK8 - as per googling.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:22   #2616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line, is " Up in the Air" starring George Clooney.
Like everyone mentioned, the storyline is predictable and was a bit boring at times. But, hats off to Hollywood for thinking up stories that are based on ongoing real situations.

Really liked GC, he excels in these type of offbeat movies and more than him, i liked "Natalie" his junior colleague. She was superb with her expressions and dialogue delivery ( even if it was way too fast).

Like Samurai mentioned, the ending was unexpected and sad. But, then i felt it was deserved for people who " fire people" for a living

Overall, i wont definetly call it a bad movie and neither is it an awesome movie. It fell somewhere in between. Easy watching, a bit boring at times but, George Clooney who looked totally dishy did save the movie to a large extent.

3/5

P.S : Next in line is "Orphan". I reckon its a nice horror movie. Reviews please?
Old 25th August 2010, 08:56   #2617
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Orphan" last evening

Firstly, it's a bit eerie that I see a new actor in a movie that i like and see the same actor/actress in immediate next movie that I catch up.

In this case, Vera Farmiga who was in " Up in the air ( GC girlfriend)" and "Orphan (mom)" as well. It happens often with me, Does this happen with anyone else?

Orphan is the story of a family adopting a girl in their family with already two children. What ensues next is a series of incidents because of this new girl. What a wonderful story and the ghastly reality of what happens if you dont double check credentials before adoption.

I was totally floored by this movie and the surprise element in the last is truly unbeilevable and never was i so surprised by a twist as in this one.

It's much more scarier than any slasher movie that i have seen in recent past. Horror, Pschyological thriller fans, you will absolutely love this movie.

Finally, i had a tough time sleeping last night after watching a scary movie and this does not happen often

5/5
Old 25th August 2010, 10:29   #2618
Senior - BHPian

I watched The Expendables at last weekend. I too liked the movie. But I felt the storyline was too similar to Rambo 4. Simple story: mercenaries going to save someone, one motto 'kill or be killed'.

I also watched 'The Book of Eli' a few days ago. A very good movie. Initial 15 minutes or so are boring. I had not read any previews of the movie, so I could not understand what was going on. Once things get clear, the movie gets interesting. The final twist is awesome. I just loved it!

Then I watched 'Cop Out'. This is yet another action/comedy cop movie. We have seen quite a few movies of this sort, with one black cop and one white cop (National Security, Blue Streak...). Also, it seems like it pays tributes to action movies from the 80s. Worth watching once.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:42   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Watched Salt *ing Angelina Jolie.

Movie sucked big time and the action scenes were just about watchable. The movie is pretty fast paced though.

One time watch for time pass on a boring day.

Rating - 2/5
Old 26th August 2010, 13:48   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Basic (2003) stars John Travolta and Samuel Jackson

Well, well, well. What do we have here. A mystery/thriller which has so many twists and turns that you would keep guessing till the end and still won't get it right. Yes, its confusing, its complex and makes for a good watch.

Performance by leads is top notch, writing is good, cinematography is great. Not many action scenes but its more like a crime/mystery/thriller.

Loved it. Especially the end.

4/5.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:08   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Friends,

I think that should have been 'Memento'.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:22   #2622
Team-BHP Support

The Ugly Truth is an ugly movie.

-1 to it.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:32   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

-1 to it.
I liked Gerard Butler, he was at its best. Please let us know what turned you off in this movie for the benefit of others.

Betw;This movie has raked in $200 Million becoming Katherine Heigl's second best grossing movie behind Knocked Up.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:53   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

-1 to it.
While you are entitled to your opinion, i will surely like to know why you think its an ugly movie, if you don't mind sharing.

Oh, BTW, they have shown Sacramento in the movie and also the auburn bridge where the stunt in the movie XXX (Vin Diesel) took place. The stunt of jumping of the bridge in a Corvette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I liked Gerard Butler, he was at its best. Please let us know what turned you off in this movie for the benefit of others.

Betw;This movie has raked in $200 Million becoming Katherine Heigl's second best grossing movie behind Knocked Up.
+1, Butler and Heigl shared great chemistry in this movie and looked great together. i liked it a lot. Not the greatest movie, but yes, its lovable
Old 26th August 2010, 14:58   #2625
Team-BHP Support

I found the Ugly Truth very offensive and derogatory

It was one of those few movies I got so irritated with that I did shut it down at the Hotel room scene.

Everything about the movie ticked me off. The characterization, the scenes, the low jokes.
I don't recall any movie in the recent past having had such an irritating impact on me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks