Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 16:34   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Nice movie! Directed by Jennifer Lynch (David Lynch's daughter). Though it's a good suspense thriller, it's hardly disturbing.

Have you seen Martyrs? That one is seriously disturbing!
I find it disturbing when i think about the little girl. Just think what effect she will have when she sees all the killings.

Obviously, its not gory to make you disturbed. Its more like mentally disturbing rather than visually especially when you give it a thought. Otherwise, its not bothersome.

I will watch Martyrs for sure.

Last edited by chevelle : 13th September 2010 at 16:36.
Old 13th September 2010, 18:07   #2747
J.Ravi

I watched CastAway last night on Z-Studio. Tom Hanks, who co-produced this movie with the Director Robert Zemeckis, portrays the role of Chuck Noland, a FedEx executive, who spends four years in a lonely island after surviving a plane crash on his way to Malaysia. Although nominated for Oscar for the best actor and the best sound, it didn't get either.

My rating: 4.5/5

Old 13th September 2010, 18:35   #2748
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yeah it is one of my favourites. I guess I miss read the last line in the credits where I think it read, based on a true story or something. I don't know about the sound part but he should have got it for the acting. Superb emotions on the island and when he meets his wife. My heart sank.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 13th September 2010 at 18:37.
Old 13th September 2010, 19:27   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I find it disturbing when i think about the little girl. Just think what effect she will have when she sees all the killings.

Obviously, its not gory to make you disturbed. Its more like mentally disturbing rather than visually especially when you give it a thought. Otherwise, its not bothersome.

I will watch Martyrs for sure.
The interesting point is when everyone else was disturbed by the killings she was so cool till the end and thats why she could pick what others couldn't.

Saw it sometime back.
Its slow in the start but picks up and ending is really good.
Nice thriller.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:15   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The interesting point is when everyone else was disturbed by the killings she was so cool till the end and thats why she could pick what others couldn't.

Saw it sometime back.
Its slow in the start but picks up and ending is really good.
Nice thriller.
Agreed. That's what was so cool about her act. Obviously the script demanded it, but she delivered it.

Hoping for a sequel, with girl growing up to take revenge.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:43   #2751
BHPian

Watched Iron Man 2 today. Rating : 7/10

It was a good movie, good acting by all, but the plot was a bit messy. The fight in the end made it look a bit like Transformers. But the plot mess could be attributed to the fact that Marvel is making many movies based on superhero comics, so all the movies have to feature some connections to be relevant to each other. Robert Downey was at his quirky, ironic best.
Old 13th September 2010, 21:38   #2752
Senior - BHPian

How many of you have seen - 'Trick r treat'?
I had seen this quite a while back (Halloween 2009) - but again caught it 2-3 days back.
I assure you guys this is one of the best horror films ever seen by me - pity it came out direct to dvd.
4.9/5 from me.
Old 14th September 2010, 00:14   #2753
BHPian

One of my all time favorites is 'My Cousin Vinny' starring Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei (I think she got an Oscar for this). This is a laugh riot from start to finish and has a connection to something we are on Team-BHP for: Automobiles. Watch Marisa talk about suspensions, engines and the like. Its a must watch for any comedy lover
Old 14th September 2010, 12:54   #2754
Senior - BHPian

I watched 'COLLATERAL' last evening on TV starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.

It was good to see Tom Cruise playing the bad guy, memorable performance from Jamie Foxx as well.

Verdict: 3.5/5
Old 14th September 2010, 12:55   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I had seen this quite a while back (Halloween 2009) - but again caught it 2-3 days back.
I assure you guys this is one of the best horror films ever seen by me - pity it came out direct to dvd.
4.9/5 from me.
Trick r treat was rated as one of the best horror films of 2009. Would love to watch it!
Old 14th September 2010, 14:31   #2756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Survelliance and Martyrs will go into my queue on Bigflix. Hope they have it with them. Thanks guys !
Both are unavailable in Bigflix. Sad,Sad !

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I had seen this quite a while back (Halloween 2009) 4.9/5 from me.
Never heard of this movie. This too isnt available on Bigflix. I think i should send them this link for updating their movie database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
One of my all time favorites is 'My Cousin Vinny' starring Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei (I think she got an Oscar for this). This is a laugh riot from start to finish and has a connection to something we are on Team-BHP for: Automobiles. Watch Marisa talk about suspensions, engines and the like. Its a must watch for any comedy lover
+10. I can never get tired of watching this movie. Infact, i think i watch a few scenes almost once a week.

My favorite dialogue of Marisa is when Joe ask him how are his pants when he goes hunting.

What a whacker of a retort

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I watched 'COLLATERAL' last evening on TV starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.
TC looked absolutely ruthless and loved his pepper gray hair look. The way he shoots down those 2 muggers was simply awesome. if you watch it again, just look at his stance when he shoots them. Awesome!
Old 14th September 2010, 14:56   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

+10. I can never get tired of watching this movie. Infact, i think i watch a few scenes almost once a week.

My favorite dialogue of Marisa is when Joe ask him how are his pants when he goes hunting.

What a whacker of a retort
+20. My favourite scene is of Marissa stomping her feet while arguing with Joe, replicating his actions.
The advocate for the State also played a good role, stuttering in the court room.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:12   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Watched a very old prints of "The pursuit of D.B. Cooper" The movie is poorly made and lot of inaccuracies.
BTW D.B. Cooper was a very interesting character, who hijacked and parachuted of a commercial jet airliner.

Watched The Bank Job again, starring the guy who has the most recognizable voice in this planet. Jason Statham.
A must watch.

Watched old Mel Gibson starer "Air America".
A so-so movie about Vietnam war and CIA ops.
Old 15th September 2010, 01:48   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the classic "Moby Dick" on MGM. Strangely, I never saw this movie nor nor I did I ever read the book but this was awesome. Gregory Peck is the captain of the ship who is obsessed with killing moby. Old and classic, watch it.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:41   #2760
BHPian

Watched Resident Evil 3D, it was a good movie, with a very lame ending.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks