Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 12:20   #2851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Watched Resident Evil 3D in NJ on Sunday with long lost college friends. I have not seen the first part/previous part(s) but my friends had and said the new one is not even 30% of the first one even with the 3D effect. For me it seemed more of a stylish action movie with a lot of importance given to looks and feel rather than substance. Now-a-days these english pictures are becoming like the hindi ones where the hero dodges 100 bullets and gets his shots fired on target each time. Oh yes and there is another part coming.

My rating: 2/5
The main character is a genetically engineered mutant so her super human powers are explained in that way unlike our heroes who are born with super powers . I think Resident Evil movies need a new protagonist. Alice is getting old and there was no Alice character in the original video games. I would prefer a RE movie with Jill Valentine and Claire Redmond.
Old 6th October 2010, 13:51   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The main character is a genetically engineered mutant so her super human powers are explained in that way unlike our heroes who are born with super powers . I think Resident Evil movies need a new protagonist. Alice is getting old and there was no Alice character in the original video games. I would prefer a RE movie with Jill Valentine and Claire Redmond.
I think the next movie will either be a refresh beginning of the Franchise, from what I have been reading. Still, anyway, the next movie will surely have the RedFields and Jill. Jill seems to be the antagonist going by the ending of this movie, same as that of the game.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:29   #2853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line is " Devil wears Prada"
Watched this movie last night.

Even though i was predicting what will happen to poor Ann Hathaway, the movie turned out to be really nice and quite similar to another movie i saw last year in theatre ( Confessions of a Shopoholic) based on the fashion theme.

Meryl Streep still looks ravishing and Ann Hathaway is super gorgeous.

Crisp dialogues and some good acting by all made this movie a breezy watch.

NOTE: Btw, did someone notice the girl who comes on screen for like 3-4 frames and is called Serena and is a friend of other assistant to Meryl Streep is none other than the awesome Brazilian Supermodel "Gisele Bundchen". There was a time i use to have a huge crush on her.

3.5/5

P.S: Time now to move from comedy to horror. Next in line is " Cursed" by Wes Craven. Anyone seen it?
Old 6th October 2010, 17:48   #2854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Watched this movie last night.

Even though i was predicting what will happen to poor Ann Hathaway, the movie turned out to be really nice and quite similar to another movie i saw last year in theatre ( Confessions of a Shopoholic) based on the fashion theme.

Meryl Streep still looks ravishing and Ann Hathaway is super gorgeous.
I read the book first, then saw the movie. The book is lot harsher, and Miranda is a no iron lady with golden heart. Andy leaves the job in a very bad way with no reference. She even loses her boyfriend for good. BTW, she sells all the fashion items for money in the end, and not just give it to Emily.

The movie sugar coated all the bitter stuff in order not to piss off the fashion industry.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:57   #2855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I read the book first, then saw the movie. The book is lot harsher, and Miranda is a no iron lady with golden heart. Andy leaves the job in a very bad way with no reference. She even loses her boyfriend for good. BTW, she sells all the fashion items for money in the end, and not just give it to Emily.

The movie sugar coated all the bitter stuff in order not to piss off the fashion industry.
Cool. I didnt know that!

But, someone who loves fashion ( I understand it a bit ) this movie will be enjoyable as much i enjoyed the Confessions of a Shopoholic and will be an eye opener that its not a piece of cakewalk to run a fashion magazine or design clothes et. all.

Only thing i hate about some movies/books on this theme is the constant innuendos of gays to display the true nature of the fashion industry
Old 6th October 2010, 18:27   #2856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

IIRC the book and the movie is loosely based on the long time Vogue Editor, Anna Wintour.
Old 7th October 2010, 00:10   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
How could I forget Madagascar - 2?

I love the song that plays on his entry. It goes something like this :

I like em' biiiiig
I like em' chunkyyyyyyy
I like em' round
N somethin somethin.....

Anyone know what song this is? Want to download.

Cheers.
you mean "I Like to Move It" songby Reel to Real.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:13   #2858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
you mean "I Like to Move It" songby Reel to Real.
Nope. I mean "I like em biiig".

I think its performed by Will.I.Am.

Edit - Found a link to the lyrics : WILL I AM - BIG AND CHUNKY LYRICS

This is the song that plays when "Moto-Moto" makes his entry (Madagascar 2).

Also, the King Julian (Madagascar) version of "move it" has been sung by "Sacha Baron Cohen", haina?

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 7th October 2010 at 13:16.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:32   #2859
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing on that same topic.

I am searching for a CD for soundtrack of " Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels".

It's got some amusing songs and a deadly soundtrack
Old 7th October 2010, 13:46   #2860
Senior - BHPian

^^ Have heard good things about Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrels. The only Guy Ritchie movie I ve seen is "Snatch". If thats anything to go by, I am guessing the former should be a good watch too.

Bit OT - try listening to "Get Smart" soundtrack too, especially the "Yellow cake factory" song. All instrumental, very espionage-ish. Me like.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 7th October 2010 at 13:48.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:32   #2861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
^^ Have heard good things about Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrels. The only Guy Ritchie movie I ve seen is "Snatch". If thats anything to go by, I am guessing the former should be a good watch too..
LS2SB is way way better movie than Snatch. I would go a step forward and say its a collector's item.
Old 7th October 2010, 14:44   #2862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LS2SB is way way better movie than Snatch. I would go a step forward and say its a collector's item.

Once you watch it you will come to know what the bollywood flick Phir Hera Pheri was all about
Old 8th October 2010, 00:15   #2863
Senior - BHPian

Yup its very nicely made. Hera Pheri was a good movie, now why do a perfectly good film maker go about and copy a foreign movie for his hit franchise.

the sound track is available all over the places. Places that i decline to reveal.
Old 8th October 2010, 10:16   #2864
BHPian

Watched "The Hangover" last night. must say its a great fun movie. must watch.
Old 8th October 2010, 14:12   #2865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Once you watch it you will come to know what the bollywood flick Phir Hera Pheri was all about
I got aware while in theatre watching PHP. And, what a shabby copy at that.

Quote:
P.S: Time now to move from comedy to horror. Next in line is " Cursed" by Wes Craven. Anyone seen it?
By mistake sent an SMS to pick up the DVD. Didnt watch this movie as came back home last evening pretty late.

Now i got "JFK" starring Kevin Costner delivered. Anyone seen it? I know the story but, havent seen this movie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks