Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 14:34   #2941
BHPian

^ and don't bother with "Chocolate" after watching Usual Suspects !
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:28   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Techno, don't look for anything extra-ordinary in his movies. What I found is that his socio kind of movies are to touch the sentiments with a simple story. Same for Bridges of Madison County and others like that.
yes, agree on the social angle & a touching story part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Wow, enjoy..

Me too watched "How to Train your Dragon" last weekend, nice movie with good animation and great sound effects.
Another movie I watched the same day was "Usual Suspects". Guess I don't need to say much about it. Don't miss it.
Yeah plan to check out recent movies like "How to Train your Dragon" first
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:37   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Due to a mix up in Big Flicks, I got this movie in Spanish.
But the movie is so good it just did not matter.

Especially the scene towards the end as he is leaving the city and she is in the car with her husband.
Dude this female was there in 'Sophie's Choice' as well. She is made for such roles I suppose. I was reminded of 'Cast Away' scene when Chuck meets his wife, again. That was very very touching. Really feel sorry for both of them.

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd October 2010 at 13:34. Reason: Please dont quote Videos or Pictures when responding!
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:40   #2944
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " The Outlaw Josey Wales" starring Clint Eastwood

CE is Josey and is on the run after avenging the brutal murders of his family and joins a band of outlaws and one of them betrays the entire bunch of outlaws and Josey escapes with one other young urn who later gets killed.

Will he keep quiet? No, he being pursued by that foe and authorities and he kills them all.

Its a long movie ( 133 mins) slow but quite gritty and wonderful landscapes and dialogues.

Great acting and direction by CE. What you will notice stands out in this movie is CE's spitting style. He spits so much in this movie its almost gross

Catch this movie if you havent already

3.5/5

P.S: Next in line "The Reaping". Its supposed to be a good horror movie. Anyone seen it?
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:08   #2945
BHPian

Saw Iron man 2 today, a little belated I admit. Better than the first one for its special effects. Robert Downey jr is smashing with a couple of lovely lasses thrown in for good measure. The icing on the drool cake were the Audi's.
Who needs a dragon when one can have a Scarlett Johanssen
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:48   #2946
BHPian

To contribute to the Clint Eastwood tribute, I also like the first 2-3 movies in the Dirty Harry series. When he pulls that Magnum 45 and asks, '...the question you should ask yourself is, do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?' ...too good.

Was bitten by the ol'war bug and watched 'Where Eagles Dare', another one of Eastwood where the centerstage goes to Richard Burton. Awesome movie even today. What a great score too.

Speaking of Richard Burton, his 'Becket' (60's I think) with Peter O'Toole as Henry II is a must. Based on a superbly dialogoued play by Jean Annouillh (pardon the spelling, if wrong), the movie is very good.
Old 23rd October 2010, 03:03   #2947
Senior - BHPian

I love the Rocky series. Rocky 3 is my Fav, probably because of Mr. T.

Old 23rd October 2010, 07:37   #2948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

Absolutely love the series. Yes Rocky 3 had a lot going in it. You could see each character playing an important part. But the training sequences in Rocky 4 were probably the best.
This series is all about heart, and people who haven't seen it think that its all about boxing. They couldn't be more wrong.
Old 23rd October 2010, 08:34   #2949
Senior - BHPian

The other guys - Nice buddy cop comedy. Starts nice and more importantly does not feel boring. Will Ferrel, Mark Whalberg.

3.5 / 5
Old 24th October 2010, 20:43   #2950
Senior - BHPian

I Love You Too.

Its about commitment which a 30 something guy can't do. How he comes about to realize and say it forms the chunk of story. Also shows how important friendship is.

a feel good one time watch movie. nothing too special.

3/5

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Loved it. I like it better than first one. May be because of NY city itself, some drool worthy cars and bikes shown and above all commendable acting by the lead star cast. The relationships shown are very good too. mom-son, father-daughter among others.

A must watch. Gets a little bit too technical in terms of stocks and trades, still can't easily get hang of it.

4.5/5
Old 24th October 2010, 22:44   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I Love You Too.

Its about commitment which a 30 something guy can't do. How he comes about to realize and say it forms the chunk of story. Also shows how important friendship is.

a feel good one time watch movie. nothing too special.

3/5

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Loved it. I like it better than first one. May be because of NY city itself, some drool worthy cars and bikes shown and above all commendable acting by the lead star cast. The relationships shown are very good too. mom-son, father-daughter among others.

A must watch. Gets a little bit too technical in terms of stocks and trades, still can't easily get hang of it.

4.5/5
Regarding Wall Street, it really isn't meant to be a family type of movie. Its supposed to be a business movie, that too a no-nonsense unadulterated one. Seemed like GG had lost his mojo in this one. The movie was good nonetheless, read :good...not a classic, like the original.

Last edited by GordonGekko : 24th October 2010 at 22:55.
Old 24th October 2010, 22:54   #2952
BHPian

Awesome movie about Leveraged buyouts and the 80s culture.
Focused on the LBO of RJR Nabisco by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.
An entertaining history lesson, complete with dogs flying alone in private jets!

4.5/5
Old 25th October 2010, 09:59   #2953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
Regarding Wall Street, it really isn't meant to be a family type of movie. Its supposed to be a business movie, that too a no-nonsense unadulterated one. Seemed like GG had lost his mojo in this one. The movie was good nonetheless, read :good...not a classic, like the original.
I know its not a family movie. But the relationship shown between GG, his daughter and son in law is quite note worthy.

Since original came first it will be called classic. But this is more of a sequel rather than same. Because it shows GG coming out of prison in 2001.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:26   #2954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Absolutely. Clubber Lang gave the beating of his life to Rocky in that fight. Sly looks humble in front of his brutal punching.

I loved him more than Drago ( Rocky IV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
But the training sequences in Rocky 4 were probably the best.
+1. Training sequence was shown superbly with a lot of patriotism attached to it as expected from Hollywood.

Another important portion I loved was the song " Living in America" performed by James Brown just before the fight between Drago and Rocky in USA.
Old 25th October 2010, 14:50   #2955
Senior - BHPian

The Assignment (1997)

Stars some of the big names of industry. This is one of the very good, gripping action/suspense thriller movie i have seen. I don't know how i miss this one. Its a great international thriller with superb twists and turns spread throughout the world.

And its the closest that comes to Carlos - The Jackal. Its a sleeper in terms of autos for sure. I am sure this is one of the under rated movies as i haven't heard this in same breath as other spy movies.

Watch it.

5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks