Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 15:12   #3121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Machete is everything that the teaser (during Planet Terror) promised and more.
Sounds great. From the album cover looks like Danny Trejo is playing similar role like in Desparado ( Knife throwing expert).

With his pock marked face, he does look pretty intimidating. I feel he hasnt been exploitated well. Even though he is Robert's cousin, he doesnt seem to give him meaty roles in his movies

Nice to see him back in Machete. Will look out for this movie's DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line " Hide and Seek" starring Robert De Niro. Anyone seen it?
Saw this movie. Pretty interesting thriller with some lovely locales of upstate NY.

The nice twist at the end is surely going to make you suck in your breathe.

Check out for a decent time pass thriller

3.5/5

P.S: Next in line "The Dead Pool" Starring Clint Eastwood

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2010 at 15:13.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:14   #3122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What's Alfa - is it a video library?
Are you really from Mumbai?
It's a department store at Irla. I get my PS3 games and Bluray movies from there.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:54   #3123
BANNED

Quote:
Are you really from Mumbai?
Yes. It's the east-west divide.

What's very well known in the western suburbs is not really known so much
to people in the eastern suburbs. Plus I have spent most of the 10 years outside Bombay.

Anyway, I now vaguely recall a friend from the western suburbs pointing out Alfa to me when we were driving by(a few months back) saying it's the place to get any electronic stuff in the western suburbs.
Old 30th November 2010, 01:44   #3124
Team-BHP Support

The Social Network

I watched this movie over the weekend, and quite liked it. The pace was well-maintained throughout the movie, except towards the end where it lagged a bit.

Good performances from the lead cast, although i feel the twins characters could have been used some more.

Definitely worth a watch. Would make for a decent watch on the small screen as well.

My Rating : ***1/2

P.S. : First movie we watched in a theatre with my 20 month old kid. She didnt trouble us, instead watched and commented as well.
Old 30th November 2010, 06:18   #3125
Senior - BHPian

Despicable Me

A lovely animated family movie. A must watch. Lead character could have been designed better, but the children will love such look so it hits the target.

animation is nothing ground breaking.

4.5/5
Old 30th November 2010, 14:46   #3126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: Next in line "The Dead Pool" Starring Clint Eastwood
Watched this Harry Callahan series made in 1988 and it was an engrossing and wonderful thriller with now famous stars like Liam Neeson and Jim Carrey essaying roles in this movie.

Clint was his usual best rattling out his deadly dialogues with a poker face. Also liked his chinese partner, he was damn witty too.

Loved the wild rendition of " Welcome to Jungle" by GNR peformed by Jim in this movie.

I was totally amazed to see Clint so wonderfully fit even at the age of 58 in this movie. He was one of the most good looking and fittest star of his era.

4/5

P.S: Next in line " When a Stranger Calls-2006" starring some slasher type of teenagers.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:50   #3127
BHPian

I'm tempted to do a Leslie Nielsen movie marathon in his honour ( he died yesterday ). I loved his comic timing and dead pan dialogue delivery. His line "I am not joking. And don't call me Shirley" from the movie "Airplane" will remain one of my favourite lines ever. Planning to check "Airplane", "Naked Gun" series, "Scary Movie" 3 & 4 and some other of his lesser known movies this week. RIP Leslie Nielsen.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:54   #3128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I'm tempted to do a Leslie Nielsen movie marathon in his honour ( he died yesterday ). I loved his comic timing and dead pan dialogue delivery. His line "I am not joking. And don't call me Shirley" from the movie "Airplane" will remain one of my favourite lines ever. Planning to check "Airplane", "Naked Gun" series, "Scary Movie" 3 & 4 and some other of his lesser known movies this week. RIP Leslie Nielsen.
Yes, he was a fine comedian. Except for his Naked Gun series ( which i enjoyed thoroughly) havent seen any other of his movies.

He passed away day before yesterday. May his soul R.I.P !!!
Old 30th November 2010, 18:10   #3129
BHPian

I remember watching a Leslie Nielsen movie where he plays Dracula. Just can't recall the name.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:17   #3130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember watching a Leslie Nielsen movie where he plays Dracula. Just can't recall the name.
Dead And Loving It?
It was a howlarious movie. I almost fell off my chair laughing watching the scene where he tries to hypnotize Mina, with her maid in the room!
Old 1st December 2010, 10:36   #3131
BHPian

Watched Shutter Island a few days back. And i must say its a great movie. A definite watch and i rate it 4/5
Old 1st December 2010, 11:52   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Dead And Loving It?
It was a howlarious movie. I almost fell off my chair laughing watching the scene where he tries to hypnotize Mina, with her maid in the room!
My first experience with a Leslie Nielsen movie was in 1996, when i watched Naked Gun 33 1/3. By the time the oscars scene was done, I was holding my stomach coz it hurt from all the laughing. There were a few scenes i didn't understand back then but later understood when I watched "The Shawshank Redemption", "The Untouchables" etc. The Naked gun movies are fun to watch multiple times coz you keep discovering a lot of funny things and lots of small details that you don't notice in a single viewing.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:41   #3133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: Next in line " When a Stranger Calls-2006" starring some slasher type of teenagers.
This was suprisingly a good movie with a pretty actress as the main antagonist

It's a story of a babysitter in a wonderfully large house and she receives prank calls which she initially thinks is from her friends only to realize the fix she is in at a slightly later stage.

Entire movie is like a cat and mouse game and keeps up the tempo of what to expect next.

Well worth a watch especially with your room lights off to bring the best out of the movie

3/5

P.S: Next in line " Kramer Vs. Kramer". Any reviews?
Old 1st December 2010, 16:13   #3134
BANNED

Quote:
P.S: Next in line " Kramer Vs. Kramer". Any reviews?
Not seen, but is supposed to be a slow movie. Was remade in Hindi as Akele Hum Akele Tum with Aamir & Manisha.
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:22   #3135
Senior - BHPian

Saw The Insider

The movie is about An American Scientist Jeffrey Wigand (Russel Crowe) who gets fired from A Tobacco company from the post of R&D chief because he points it out to them that the usage of a chemical process in making of cigarettes is not correct & will do harm to smokers.

A successful Journalist Lowell Bergman(Al Pacino) approaches him for his help on understanding some scientific document & this is where the trouble begins as the company suspects that he going to leak some information which is not allowed as per the non-disclosure contract signed by him with the company.

The films shows how even the best in the media get manipulated by the powerful Corporates & how a determined scientist(even at the cost of his family) helped to bring in a big change in the way Cigarettes are seen today.

Brilliant performances & crisp Direction is what is this movie worth watching for.

4/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks