Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 13:30   #3841
BANNED

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
On the contrary. I found the movie to be quite beilevable as such things can happen to anyone. Just to give you an example. In india, if someone stares for too long at someone, a fight can erupt and lead to dangerous consequences.
I found that believable. Every thing which happens afterwards was unbelievable.

Quote:
Saw "Yes Man" starring Jim Carrey

Story of a disillusioned man who joins a positive thinking class that supposedly should change his life. But, what it does is make him even more confused.

This movie cannot be slotted in comedy, neither drama but, something else ( still trying to figure out what that category would be)

Movie is too long had some nice emotional moments but, otherwise was pretty average. Surprised to see Bradley Cooper in a second fiddle role....ofcourse, he was a nobody till Hangover happened.

2/5
I would also give it 2/5. Bradley Cooper has small roles in lots of movies before Hangover. I have seen him in the foll movies with small to medium roles

He's Just Not That Into You
Wedding Crashers
Changing Lanes
Failure to Launch
Valentine's Day
All About Steve

Quote:

Next in Line : A cushy movie " Everybody's Fine" starring Robert De Niro. Reviews Please?
It's a slow movie. I would give it may be 2.5 or 3 out of 5.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:44   #3842
BHPian

Saw L.A. Confidential Yesterday. Great movie. Great acting. Russell Crowe is excellent!

4/5
Old 30th June 2011, 19:19   #3843
BHPian

I watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D in IMAX, on wednesday.

It is a much improved movie over the earlier sequel (revenge of the fallen). There are some pretty interesting twists to the storyline and the Autobots are too good to get you engrossed in the action fest.

A couple of powerful decepticons & another prime are introduced. The 3D effects of Chicago destruction are worth a repeat watch in 3D actually. Lennox & Epps are their usual best with the guns & wings this time around. The new lady love, Huntington, is better than Fox in acting as well as skin show . My Favourite character, OPTIMUS prime was his usual bad arse best with nice plot this time.

Overall, worth a watch in 3D. Paisa vasool. I am gonna watch it again in 3D for the heck of it !

Rating: 4/5 (for the visuals it has to be 5/5)
kri$hna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 20:42   #3844
Senior - BHPian

Transformers 3

Epic. Huge movie for this summer. Had great expectations from the movie. It surely was able to live upto the hype.

Action lovers, rejoice. Mind blowing battling scenes are shown. Superior CGI. I found this to be much better than first and second part. The mayhem shown almost took my breath away. there is so much of details and in 3D, it looks fantastic.

Storyline while nothing special is much better than second part. good twist. If you are a sci-fi fan, you will love this. Obviously it won't win any oscars. There are some silly jokes just like 1 & 2nd part, but it isn't too painful. You tend to forgive with what is shown.

The downtown of chicago looks superb. In real life too it has one of the best downtown and this one blows it out of water it real life 3D effects. Spectacular!!

2012 camaro looks hawt!! and so does the corvette stingray convertible.

The lead lady - Rosie of VS catalog is hot. Her acting skills are raw but then, i never expected her to be like Sandra bullock. I like the way she is introduced in the movie. Shia finally takes a gun and fights instead of running in circles from first two movies. He finally emotes, acts and does stunts properly.

I really liked the direction and BGM. I think they should release the BGM Score. I would be the first one to buy it.

I would say, this is best 3D film after Avatar and i had no qualms spending $20 watching it at IMAX. The two scenes that stand out which is shown in the trailer too is the building falling and Optimus prime slicing his way through decepticons. These were mind blowing scenes while i saw them in trailer, its a superior experience when watching it in 3D. hats off to Bay.

P.S: For those looking at thought provoking kinda films (like critics), please stay away from this movie. You will find nothing but destruction.

Watch it. Sorry for the long post

5/5

Last edited by chevelle : 30th June 2011 at 20:44.
chevelle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 23:58   #3845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle
Transformers 3

Epic. Huge movie for this summer. Had great expectations from the movie. It surely was able

Watch it. Sorry for the long post

5/5
Thanks!
I was going for it today till the plan got shot cos of one guy backing out.
I will be killing him tomorrow.
Old 1st July 2011, 09:49   #3846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Transformers 3
5/5
Wow...20 bucks. Isnt that too expensive even for a 3D when in India its INR 300. I hope to reserve my sunday night for this 3D experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
It's a slow movie. I would give it may be 2.5 or 3 out of 5.
Watched this movie and agree with your rating. 3/5. Its like the Baghbaan of Hollywood.

Robert De Niro was so different from his usual angry or comic role to a sweet and endearing father.

Slow albeit a very touching movie. I usually stay away from cushy movies as i am a sucker for those delicate moments

P.S: Next in line "Wanted" Angelina Jolie. Reviews?

P.S 2 : This weekend is dedicated to 2 movies. DB and T-3

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st July 2011 at 09:50.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:50   #3847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: Next in line "Wanted" Angelina Jolie. Reviews?

P.S 2 : This weekend is dedicated to 2 movies. DB and T-3

youll be better off watching "wanted" with salmaan khan!
the english one is "strange", to say the least.
especially the climax.
but if youre a student of rajnikanth's school of physics, different story.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:47   #3848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
especially the climax.
The only reason it came into my queue is Angelina Jolie "it seemed" looked HOT in this movie....I can ignore whatever is happening in background....that's the least i can do for AJ
Old 1st July 2011, 12:51   #3849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only reason it came into my queue is Angelina Jolie "it seemed" looked HOT in this movie....I can ignore whatever is happening in background....that's the least i can do for AJ
Avi Bhai, Mayankk is talking about T-3.

You could watch this movie if you are a ardent fan of AJ,otherwise this movie has nothing much to offer.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:54   #3850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Avi Bhai, Mayankk is talking about T-3.

You could watch this movie if you are a ardent fan of AJ,otherwise this movie has nothing much to offer.
nope, "wanted" only.

For AJ only, good enough to watch.
Old 1st July 2011, 20:38   #3851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow...20 bucks. Isnt that too expensive even for a 3D when in India its INR 300. I hope to reserve my sunday night for this 3D experience
IMAX 3D is always expensive here. I remember paying some $17 for Avatar a couple of years back. Also, during the first week, especially on fri-sun, its expensive. then it is reduced by some $3 depending on response.

If i go for regular 3D, it is $9 for first show and $11-$13 in the evening shows. But then its no fun for such a movie. The sound effects, the bigger screen, quality of 3D, everything is superior in IMAX. IMAX 3D implements a different 3D technique and camera, so if you see a trailer, at the end it will say 'in real 3D and the IMAX experience'.

I will be watching it again this sunday with my friends in regular show.

Last edited by chevelle : 1st July 2011 at 20:53.
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:12   #3852
BANNED

Watched "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON"

Rating - 9/10

Nice movie, super effects, kids and adults would equally love watching this movie.
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-how-train-your-dragon-poster.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2011, 14:49   #3853
dot
Senior - BHPian

Folks, if you have not watched Transformers 3 yet, make sure you see it soon and in 3D.

Comparison between the other two movies in this series is inevitable. As kri$hna and chevelle has nicely reviewed, the movie is certainly better than part 2. Naturally there are loop holes in the story line, specially when you start connecting the stories of all the three movies. However these type of movies are to be enjoyed, not thought about. You get what you pay for.

Shia LB is more authoritative in his Sam this time. Rosie H-W, Sam's new love interest, is a good actor on her own right and thankfully replaces Megan Fox who was all pretty but wooden on the role. The nice aspect of this movie is that all the usual characters come on their own as there is no one overwhelming "hero" role. The comic relief is not too blatant and irritating like the second movie. John Turturro reprises his role of Ex-Agent Simmons, he is hilarious but cannot do too much damage as he is on a wheel-chair most of the time.

Fight scenes are spectacular to say the least. Usually 3D movies are slightly dim, but T3 is bright and most of the action takes place during daytime. Several times the audience broke into cheering and clapping, an unusual thing for an English movie. The last one hour of the movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. The film-makers really knows their stuff.

The engine notes of several cars are delicious. This time a Merc SLS AMG makes an appearance, which of course turns out to be a decepticon later! Bumblebee's has one scene when the tyres become fatter, the Camaro looks so drool-worthy.

Truly, full ratings.

Last edited by dot : 3rd July 2011 at 14:51.
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:12   #3854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Folks, if you have not watched Transformers 3 yet, make sure you see it soon and in 3D.

Comparison between the other two movies in this series is inevitable. As kri$hna and chevelle has nicely reviewed, the movie is certainly better than part 2. Naturally there are loop holes in the story line, specially when you start connecting the stories of all the three movies. However these type of movies are to be enjoyed, not thought about. You get what you pay for.

Shia LB is more authoritative in his Sam this time. Rosie H-W, Sam's new love interest, is a good actor on her own right and thankfully replaces Megan Fox who was all pretty but wooden on the role. The nice aspect of this movie is that all the usual characters come on their own as there is no one overwhelming "hero" role. The comic relief is not too blatant and irritating like the second movie. John Turturro reprises his role of Ex-Agent Simmons, he is hilarious but cannot do too much damage as he is on a wheel-chair most of the time.

Fight scenes are spectacular to say the least. Usually 3D movies are slightly dim, but T3 is bright and most of the action takes place during daytime. Several times the audience broke into cheering and clapping, an unusual thing for an English movie. The last one hour of the movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. The film-makers really knows their stuff.

The engine notes of several cars are delicious. This time a Merc SLS AMG makes an appearance, which of course turns out to be a decepticon later! Bumblebee's has one scene when the tyres become fatter, the Camaro looks so drool-worthy.

Truly, full ratings.
+1!
amazing flick.
so far the best this year!
all well, except that i missed mikaela(the character).
she had much more substance than this girl.
too low key, this character.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:18   #3855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
especially the climax.
Watched " Wanted" starring AJ

Oh boy! I should have taken this warning. This movie is not strange. It's weird, loony, daft and all other synonyms that you can think of.

SALT was one helluva great movie in comparison

I couldnt stand even 30 minutes and shut it off. Rajnikanth himself would be ashamed to see someone has passed out of his "school of physics" and beaten him to it

I wonder why such a fine actor like Morgan Freeman would be part of this disaster

0/5 (Not even AJ could redeem this movie)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks