Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:55   #4411
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Was watching "the debt" the other day, but gave it up in the middle. The story just does not progress towards the middle, and gets irritatingly stagnant, or may be it was my mood, but I did try to watch it again, but failed again! Anyone else with opinion on this?
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:25   #4412
BHPian

The Fourth Kind starring Milla Jovovich was okay until I happened to read that its a mokumentary. Then you start questioning as to why they need to make double fakes when its a mokumentary.

Untraceable starring Diane Lane was on HBO or Star Movies yesterday. It was a predictable thriller with some plot holes. But there is one thing that is disgusting about the society which you may agree if you ever watch the movie.

Last edited by Blue_V : 3rd January 2012 at 13:33.
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:32   #4413
BHPian

FYI
Movies lined up for release in 2012
New Movie Releases 2012: Top 50 Preview with Release Date & Video Trailer | rootsbd.com

Something you can look forward to.. (if there any that interests you)

-Fillmore

Last edited by Fillmore : 3rd January 2012 at 18:34.
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:26   #4414
Senior - BHPian

Watched following movies

Source Code - Nice Thriller kind of movie which has very little story & its basically the direction which makes you stick to it. Its about an experimental machine which allows a dead man's last 8 minute of memory to be converted into a virtual reality session for someone whose body/DNA matches some criteria with that of the deceased man.

2.5/5

Fracture - This is thriller featuring Anthony Hopkins & Ryan Gosling. Ryan is a promising young attorney who takes up a relatively easy looking case involving Anthony Hopkins as a murderer. The case turns out to be much more complex than it originally seemed. A good watch.

3.5/5

Enchanted - Its one of those musical movies where the animation characters come alive because of some phenomenon or in this case an Evil Queen Magic. Good one time watch if you like such fairy tale kind of movies

2.5/5

Crazy, Stupid, Love - Yes, its another Love Actually Type movie albeit with much lesser characters & is a good one time watch. Watch out for Ryan Gosling, he looks really good in this one.

3/5

Milk - Started watching this movie in great anticipation but it was boring from the word go, its one of those movies which as shot in semi documentary format & that's probably why I didn't like it.

1.5/5

As for 2012, I am looking forward to the following movies -

The Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

The Amazing Spider-Man

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Underworld: Awakening

Haywire

Technocrat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 05:29   #4415
Senior - BHPian

Real Steel

Hugh Jackman is back and how. Good movie on the lines of Rocky, over the top. Just replace humans with robots.

Great chemistry between father and son. Add Adam, the robot to it and they makes an entertaining and emotion filled trio. Good fights, Good robots, good music, great acting by leads make for an exciting watch. It is mostly about underdog fighting and it excels in that essence.

A few minuses - Nothing new here. If you are expecting twist and turns, you will be disappointed. A pretty straight forward underdog movie.

A must watch for family.

4/5

Last edited by chevelle : 4th January 2012 at 05:32.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:15   #4416
Senior - BHPian

Watched The Debt starring Helen Mirren, Sam Worthington and others. Its a story of an ex-Mossad Spy who had killed an ex-Nazi.

Good one time watch.

3.5/5
Old 5th January 2012, 22:42   #4417
BHPian

Re: The Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Was watching "the debt" the other day, but gave it up in the middle. The story just does not progress towards the middle, and gets irritatingly stagnant, or may be it was my mood, but I did try to watch it again, but failed again! Anyone else with opinion on this?
Pl. watch the movie, completly. There are some twists/surprises towards the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Watched The Debt starring Helen Mirren, Sam Worthington and others. Its a story of an ex-Mossad Spy who had killed an ex-Nazi.

Good one time watch.

3.5/5
+1.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:57   #4418
Senior - BHPian

For 2012, I'm looking forward eagerly for these movies,

1. The Dark Knight Rises - Obviously almost everyone is looking forward for the finale..

2. The Hobbit: An unexpected journey - Loved LOTR a lot and can't wait to see this movie..

3. Prometheus - Looks very interesting and loved Alien and gosh it was scary when I first show it long time back..

So all in all, seems to be a good year for sequels(or prequels if I may say so)..
Old 6th January 2012, 14:09   #4419
BHPian

i saw the korean movie " i saw the devil" , superb revenge action movie but most of you maybe put off with the blood and gore in the movie
Old 6th January 2012, 23:10   #4420
Senior - BHPian

just saw Paranormal Activity 2 on HBO. needless to say it really freaked me out still got goose bumps.

i've not seen the first part, yet.
Old 7th January 2012, 03:46   #4421
Senior - BHPian

Watched MI4 - The Ghost Protocol

As others has ve mentioned the best scenes are those from Dubai, next from Russia, rest all is waste. The story is pretty Lame. The direction is goo till they reach India.

I cant understand why people still cant understand a country like India, which Hotel has dancers like those dancing in the middle of the party

The cars shown in India are clearly not Indian Cars besides they didn't even bother to change the number plates, really poor production.

Did I mention that the story was totally Lame with no sense whatsoever, the agents are moving all over the world without any govt support, its a different story as to why a meeting for getting a document stolen in Europe for a device stolen from Russia happens in a famous hotel in Dubai

And of all places they find India a suitable place for launching the Missile, yeah right.

This movie was purely a commercial venture, favoring BMW, Burj Towers & showed India to get a bigger release.

However, I don't think that Anil Kapoor had a "blink & you will miss role", the duration was decent but the role was nothing great, People like Om Puri have played more important roles without any publicity (Latest was Charlie Wilson's War)

2/5

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th January 2012 at 03:47.
Old 13th January 2012, 23:43   #4422
BHPian

Watched this movie called Duma, An orphaned cheetah becomes the best friend and pet of a young boy living in South Africa. really good movie.

Duma was based on a book for children called How It Was With Dooms: A True Story From Africa, by Carol Cawthra Hopcraft and Xan Hopcraft, which told the story of Xan's real-life friendship with a cheetah.

Duma (2005) - IMDb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duma_(film)

Must watch for all animal lovers.

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-2005_duma_wallpaper_001.jpg  

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-2265.jpg  

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-duma_004.jpg  

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-dumamovie12.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th January 2012, 18:40   #4423
J.Ravi

I enjoyed watching the following good movies on my new Samsung 40" LED TV thanks to free 4-months' subscription to seventymm.com offered by flipkart.com:

1. Shutter Island

2. The Departed

3. Body of Lies

4. Vantage Point

5. The Stepfather

6. The Return of the Pink Panther

7. Horton Hears A Who

8. Despicable Me

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th January 2012 at 18:42.

Old 16th January 2012, 21:52   #4424
Senior - BHPian

Watched two movies this weekend.

1. Real Steel (Good movie, will rate is 7/10)
2. Drive (Excellent movie, 9/10)

By the way, Drive might interest Bhpians here. It is a story about an anonymous stunt driver based in LA, played by Ryan Gosling.

Last edited by vasoo : 16th January 2012 at 22:06.
Old 16th January 2012, 22:02   #4425
Distinguished - BHPian

Faster
Rated - full points!

The rock doing what he does best.
Kicking service centres, looking broody, being angry.
Nice revenge theme, and some surprisingly good acting from Johnson.
All in all, keeps you engaged for a one sit watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks