Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-3.html)

I was watching, should say re-watching, Clerks yesterday. Am a big fan of Kevin Smith movies- Clerks I & II, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob strike back, Chasing Amy, all of em. Simply love the characters. I even liked Knocked Up:D. This one is a story (not much of it) of a day in the life of a couple of clerks, one for a grocery store and a video rental store across the road. Complete Laugh riot.

Anybody who likes slapstick non-stop, brainless humor should try out these movies. Simply awesome. Profanity alert!!! Do not watch with kids or delicate sensibilities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1200339)
I am waiting for ticket price to drop to 40Rs, which will happen next week. After that you will get your answer

Lol. And where in delhi you are seeing it in 40 bucks:D

The Italian Job- Don't know how many people have seen this but its quiet a good movie. Better than the Ocean one. Watch it for the thrill factor and if you want some training in stealing:uncontrol

Rating - 4.5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1200163)
yeah, I realised it in the credits.
Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. were so well camouflaged with the make up.

Same here. The ending was funny. Stiller's first direction?
Looks we have 2 must see movies for May 2009, X-Men and Terminator.

Final X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer - Movie News - Latest Movie Reviews and trailers

I got "Prom Night" delivered today. Any reviews on this movie?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa (Post 1202071)
I
I found Pink Panther2 boring than the first one.

Steve martin makes a terrible Cloussaeu :Frustrati ( well. i cant be expected to get french names spelt right). The whole ensemble is terrible. Saw the first re make with Beyonce ( pathetic ). Surely will not make the same mistake twice.

Quote:

I got "Prom Night" delivered today. Any reviews on this movie?
Typical teen slasher movie.
One time watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1200218)
Apocalypto

I regret watching that movie.
It was over-hyped in the States to be this spectacular visual extravaganza.

It turned out to be an awful movie. I hated it.

Saw Pink Panther 2 last night.

I dint enjoy the movie at all. Steve Martin was overdoing the french accent part and to give him a solid competition was our homegrown beauty (Ash) who was only standing out with her fake brit accent. Did anyone notice, she was looking so dark in the movie?

Possible one of the worst movies of Steve Martin, I need to see his old movies to re-new faith in him:D

My rating 1.5/5

PP2, entirely agree with mobike. Waste of time, that one. And no "Fine weather we are having today....":D
Saw Deathproof, one of Quentin Tarantino's earlier works starring Kurt Russell. A real stinker, even though Russell has a bada** stuntcar. No wonder nobody ever heard of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1205514)
PP2, entirely agree with mobike. Waste of time, that one. And no "Fine weather we are having today....":D
Saw Deathproof, one of Quentin Tarantino's earlier works starring Kurt Russell. A real stinker, even though Russell has a bada** stuntcar. No wonder nobody ever heard of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 710250)

Death Proof:
Death Proof (2007)
Tarantino :)
The movie is a litle slow, takes all the time to simply get a story on.
However when the movie accelarates, it blows everything away.
The story can be taken in two parts.
The ending of both of them make this movie: neat
My Rating: 7/10

I loved it. The ending and the crash sequences were very well choreographed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1205521)

It is a 2007 movie?:eek:. I thought it was an oldie. Just did not have the slickness we associate with Tarantino. But ya, come to it, the first crash WAS awesome. Sort of final destination-ish macabre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 1205521)

Judging by this is Deathproof a worthy watch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1205699)
Judging by this is Deathproof a worthy watch?

IF you have no interest in story and dialogues part of a Movie then YES.
The story is in two parts.
Kurt is a stunt car driver and has a souped up stunt car as his daily drive.
He is in a bar and checking out the local scene.
Couple of girls with long legs. This is a Tarantino movie so special mention of toes. :D
They end up in an accident.
How it happens and why it happens is part 1.

Part 2.
A bunch on girls are driving and pulling a crazy stunt in a car.
They meet the stunt man.
What happens next is part 2.

worth watching.

both the grindhouse movies death proof & planet terror are actually 2007 made movies as a tribute to the 70-80's slasher movies and have been shot that way to give them that look, like poor editing, etc. Its sort of a homage to oldie slasher, gory movies, tarantino style.

Another fan of Deathproof here! Kurt Russel was real badass, and that lapdancing sequence was uh, nice :D

@anurag, the movie was shot to look like it was made in the '70s 'Grindhouse' style of horror movie. Something like a spoof + re-living of the genre, and a vehicle for Tarantino and Roderiguez to have fun.

Deathproof was actually combined with another movie Planet Terror which was directed by Robert Roderiguez. I think the two movies ran back to back with some (fake) trailers of other movies when it was released in theaters. I preferred Deathproof to Planet Terror. Planet Terror is more obviously a spoof on the true-blue horor/terror/zombie genre of the 70's and is a hoot to watch (you're not supposed to take this movie seriously).