Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 21:09   #4681
BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted -> Loved the amazing imagination and its subsequent execution! What a beautiful rendition for the kids and adults and probably everyone under the sun. Must watch, I say. :-D
Old 11th June 2012, 21:12   #4682
Senior - BHPian

Completely and totally hated Prometheus. I want my money back.

Atleast avengers was out and out fun in every scene. Every major scene in Prometheus had me going "Whyyyyy?"
Old 11th June 2012, 22:53   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Madagascar 3

Madagascar 3:

This was not something I was eagerly waiting for. In all honestly, till about 4 days back, I did not even know if there was a 3rd installment of the series due for a release.

Was looking up trailers for "The Amazing Spiderman", went on watch to a short animation on "How to train your dragon - Gift of the Night Fury" (A must watch by the way, look it up on You-Tube). And ta-da, there was Madagascar 3. Saw the trailer and I just knew I would love it. Booked the tickets and I am not complaining.

What a movie. Excellent 3-D and the new characters, especially officer "Du Bois" were hilarious. A bit over the top but what the heck. Full on time pass.

TA TA TARA RA RA TA TA CIRCUS TA TA TARA RA RA TA TA AFRO CIRCUS AFRO CIRCUS AFRO POLKA DOT POLKA DOT POLKA DOT AFRO!!!!!

Rating - 4/5

Must watch.
Old 14th June 2012, 02:11   #4684
Senior - BHPian

Watched The General's Daughter

The movie is based on Army background as the title suggests. The story is about the investigation by two Investigation Officers from Army (John Travolta & Madeleine Stowe) of Rape & Murder of the Army General's daughter. They are given 36 hours to report their findings before the case becomes public.

The investigation takes some interesting twists & turns as it slowly starts to unfolds a bigger mystery.

Overall liked the movie except for the ending which I didn't find too convincing.

3.5/5
Old 14th June 2012, 02:54   #4685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Its a pure art house flick with tonnes of style.
Agree with you there. This is one brilliant movie. A classic if i may!
Old 14th June 2012, 05:43   #4686
Senior - BHPian

Re: Madagascar 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted -> Loved the amazing imagination and its subsequent execution! What a beautiful rendition for the kids and adults and probably everyone under the sun. Must watch, I say. :-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Madagascar 3:

This was not something I was eagerly waiting for. In all honestly, till about 4 days back, I did not even know if there was a 3rd installment of the series due for a release.
Glad you guys liked mad3. We put in our heart and soul into it over the last few months. Roughly a third of the movie was done in India btw .

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th June 2012 at 13:16. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a one line reply. Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 11:48   #4687
BHPian

Quote:
Glad you guys liked mad3. We put in our heart and soul into it over the last few months. Roughly a third of the movie was done in India btw .

Oh that's nice to hear!! The visuals in the last 30-40 minutes were simply mind-blowing. Wonderful attention to detail.

Apart from that the movie was a laugh riot except for a few scenes!
Old 14th June 2012, 19:49   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Really. We have some talent here at Team-BHP. Mind sharing more information about the part in bold? :-D
Old 15th June 2012, 00:52   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched The General's Daughter

The movie is based on Army background as the title suggests. The story is about the investigation by two Investigation Officers from Army (John Travolta & Madeleine Stowe) of Rape & Murder of the Army General's daughter. They are given 36 hours to report their findings before the case becomes public.

The investigation takes some interesting twists & turns as it slowly starts to unfolds a bigger mystery.

Overall liked the movie except for the ending which I didn't find too convincing.

3.5/5
Technocrat
Hi
In case you like that genre of movies see The Night of the Generals.Peter O'toole and Omar Sharif
A quote:
Major Grau(Omar Sharif): Then let us say what is admirable on the large scale is monstrous on the small. Since we must give medals to mass murderers, why not give justice to the small... entrepreneur

"I have a zealous nature,sir,and I cant help it"

Happy viewing and regards
PS I wish our policemen were as zealous

Last edited by faustus77 : 15th June 2012 at 00:53. Reason: Added PS
Old 15th June 2012, 03:44   #4690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Wow! Really. We have some talent here at Team-BHP. Mind sharing more information about the part in bold? :-D
Dreamworks has a studio in Bangalore. We did roughly 3 sequences here - The bad circus sequence, the train sequence after the bad circus and the animals practicing in the alps. There are more than a few folks from my office on tbhp - sandeepmohan and bluu are old timers. Plus there are a few others.
Old 15th June 2012, 03:55   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos

Dreamworks has a studio in Bangalore. We did roughly 3 sequences here - The bad circus sequence, the train sequence after the bad circus and the animals practicing in the alps. There are more than a few folks from my office on tbhp - sandeepmohan and bluu are old timers. Plus there are a few others.
Sir first of all congrats on the excellent job done in Madagascar. Amazing.
One question which bothers me from day 1 and frankly has me stumped right now is that so many studios shift much of their animation work to India and other countries. Most prominent film that started that might have been Spiderman. If the work done in this movies by our own countrymen is so amazing, why do Indian movies with action sequences, cgi effects, and animation fail to impress?

I mean in the hollywood movies it is hard to differentiate between real moves and animated ones. What is it that affects the Indian movies from being produced so meticulusly as hollywood movies? Is it the budget or is it something else that is causing this problem? Why havent we seen a decent Indian flick till now where the action sequences looked far more real as is the norm in Hollywood movies?

Keep up the great work. It feels great to know that our country is right at the top with others in the field of animation.
Old 15th June 2012, 06:14   #4692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos
My favorite shot is the one in which Ryan Gosling gets into the garage with the dude getting beaten up in the corner. The way the camera pans while the car is turning to keep the action in the frame is a masterpiece.
Absolutely. I rewinded it a couple of times just to watch that scene. Easily one of the best scenes in the movie.
Old 15th June 2012, 08:29   #4693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW! That's impressive. Glad to know the awesome talent we have here on the forum. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the effects. While we were moving out of the theatre saw the name of one Mr. Subramaniam under digital effects, but the name was gone by the time I could look again. Kudos to the team!
Old 15th June 2012, 10:48   #4694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I had high hopes but it turned out to be Lame.[/b]

Quote:
Its a pure art house flick with tonnes of style.

The cinematography - especially the lighting of every scene with soft shadows was just spectacular. You can take every frame of that movie, print it and put it up on a wall and it wouldn't look out of place. My favorite shot is the one in which Ryan Gosling gets into the garage with the dude getting beaten up in the corner. The way the camera pans while the car is turning to keep the action in the frame is a masterpiece.

This movie along with Jodaeiye Nader az Simin (A separation) were my favorites of last year.
Wikipedia calls this movie neo-noir. I call it half-noir! Man, whattay spectacular movie. For me, the best movie I have seen this year! And the music was great! Especially this track called "A Real Hero" by "College" - fit in nicely in the movie. I'd easily give it 4.5/5

Congratulations on the Madagascar 3 animation too. Didn't know Dreamworks have a studio here. Now, for your next suggestion - A separation. Gotta check it out!
Old 15th June 2012, 13:01   #4695
BHPian

Guys if you are on the lookout for a good albeit off-beat car movie then try Bellflower. Its not exactly about the car but what it represents- freedom, rebellion of youth and the desire to keep going no matter what. The movie is very niche so would love to hear about it from more folks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks