Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 19:18   #4756
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

The Dark Knight Rises. What an amazing movie. The whole theatre was applauding some of the scenes, also it has an Indian connection! One of the scenes i think was shot in Rajasthan with the fort in the background. .
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:01   #4757
Senior - BHPian

WHAT-AN-AMAZING-MOVIE! First day last show

TDKR is an excellent finale to best super hero stories ever written. There were whistling and howling in my theater when Batman makes his entry (and what an entry it is!) and when "The Bat" is introduced, **SPOILER ALERT** and more whistling and howling at the end.

Hats off to Nolan for pulling it off. 6/5 from my side! A must-must watch.
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:17   #4758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
.. There were whistling and howling in my theater when Batman makes his entry ..

Trust me, its a global thing..I saw this movie last night here in Finland. I so did not expect whistles and applause but then the people did whistle and applaud ! Felt like I was in an Indian Theatre.
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:18   #4759
BHPian

TDKR is awesome! Amazing how a superhero movie feels so credible. Everyone was so engrossed in the story that even the rowdies in the theater went silent after a while. And people really did applaud at the end - was something like a standing ovation.

Hats off to the cast and crew, especially to David Goyer and the brothers Nolan for a consistent story across three movies.

5/5
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:38   #4760
Senior - BHPian

Me too watched TDKR last Saturday and it was a good movie to watch. Although I would still say that TDK was much better than TDKR, according to me. But this was also a close competitor. I was reading somewhere that Nolan said this movie is about pain and how well he showed it. Well done. Now would be eagerly waiting for the Blu-ray release to enjoy those IMAX scenes in Hi-Def and also to complete the trilogy collection. 8/10 from my side.
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:28   #4761
Senior - BHPian

Watched TDKR today. Well, somehow I got the feeling of a little extra "masala" and the downplaying of Batman. Yes, we all whistled when he entered the screen and all that but somehow...

Anyways, a good watch. Think I will watch it a second time sometime later this week.
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:47   #4762
Senior - BHPian

I have mixed reviews on The Dark Knight Rises.
1. We miss the Joker. While Bane is just about brute force and little smartness, the Joker was extremely smart.
2. Batman was more 'powerful' in The Dark Knight. I can argue more on this one but it will be a spoiler for the others.
3. The movie was way too long. They could have easily cut the 20-30 minutes of chaos.
4. Many-a-time, Bane was inaudible. They could have processed his voice better.

Having said that, I like the way they concluded the series. The way the characters from the first two parts were called.
My rating: 4/5.
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:59   #4763
Senior - BHPian

The Dark Knight Rises

What an epic conclusion to the Batman Triology. Hats off to Chris Nolan for carrying forward the legacy of Batman that started with Batman Begins.

DKR is so different then Batman Begins and Dark Knight. The suffering, the pain, the countless quotable lines also show up efficiently in the writing.

Special mention must be made of Background Score. It is highly effective and many times even though it is part of the scene you will miss the effective music due to the impact of the scene. I also didn't mind the length of movie. It was engrossing from start to end.

I loved catwoman and Bane. Anne Hathway is completely believable and adds good dose of humor to her scene. Loved her. Bane a.k.a Tom Hardy is the heart of this movie. Comparing him with Joker would be inappropriate to both of them. Both are equally believable, have equally disturbing effect on everybody and are perfect negative characters to counter Batman. Bale as Batman is as good as ever. Micheal Caine and Morgan Freeman are awesome even though their screen time is less. One can feel the pain they have gone through along with Batman.

The star of the movie for me was the Bat machine. It is freaking awesome and each time it came on scene, it took my breath away. Loved the batcycle too especially the way it turns.

After this epic conclusion i feel Nolan doesn't owe us anything W.R.T the Batman. Overall it was a very satisfying triology something that Matrix and Terminator were not able to fulfill.

The worst part related to this movie will have to be the shooting that took place in Aurora, Colorado. RIP to those who lost their lives. It was totally unwanted.

5/5

Last edited by chevelle : 23rd July 2012 at 23:01.
Old 24th July 2012, 00:41   #4764
Senior - BHPian

Watched The Dark Knight Rises on Friday.

What an amazing movie, lived upto the hype, whatever I wanted to say has already been mentioned so will keep it short. Even though the movie was awesome, the 2nd part remains the best in the Trilogy

The Music/background score is simply brilliant, hats off to Hans Zimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I have mixed reviews on The Dark Knight Rises.
1. We miss the Joker. While Bane is just about brute force and little smartness, the Joker was extremely smart.
2. Batman was more 'powerful' in The Dark Knight. I can argue more on this one but it will be a spoiler for the others.
3. The movie was way too long. They could have easily cut the 20-30 minutes of chaos.
4. Many-a-time, Bane was inaudible. They could have processed his voice better.

Having said that, I like the way they concluded the series. The way the characters from the first two parts were called.
My rating: 4/5.
I somehow agree with you, let me reply to your points one by one

1) Well you cant have same villain in all films of a series
2) Yes & No, this is as per the story & plot.
3) Didn't find it that way, there was no dull moment IMHO
4) They actually re-recorded Bane's voice after getting lot of negative feedback (which they received after releasing the first teaser/trailer. where it was even worse)

Rating - 5/5
Old 24th July 2012, 12:54   #4765
BHPian

The Dark Knight Rises

Watched the movie in a single screen theater (Rex) where the crowd, like in other places, was too excited clapping, whistling and all. There was huge standing ovation when the movie ended!

What came as a pleasant surprise to me was that a tiny portion of the movie (few screen seconds) has been shot at the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur. The first time they showed the landscape outside the fort I could not notice properly. But when the same place was showed again, this time with all blue colored houses in the background, I realized it was the Jodhpur fort.

Just did a quick Google search to learn more about the shoot, and found this link:

'The Dark Knight Rises' puts Jodhpur's Mehrangarh Fort on the international map - Movies News - Hollywood - ibnlive
Old 24th July 2012, 13:01   #4766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Watched TDKR today. Well, somehow I got the feeling of a little extra "masala" and the downplaying of Batman. Yes, we all whistled when he entered the screen and all that but somehow...

Anyways, a good watch. Think I will watch it a second time sometime later this week.
I agree with you on the 'masala' part - now a days, hollywood movies are becoming a bit bollywoodish!

Anyway - TDKR is a brilliant effort by Nolan to cap the series, but just not his best.

BTW - The Nolan trilogy of Batman might end, but this is not the end of Batman. Ones who have watched the movie closely and are aware of different Batman storylines and universes shall understand.

Still - This is a very good film in my books - 5/5.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:16   #4767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I agree with you on the 'masala' part - now a days, hollywood movies are becoming a bit bollywoodish!

Anyway - TDKR is a brilliant effort by Nolan to cap the series, but just not his best.
Yup! Playing to the masses

Agree on the part that this is not his best. Somehow got the feeling that he wanted to get it over and done with.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:46   #4768
BHPian

I found TDKR more gripping than TDK! I was a bit wary of the 2 hour 44 minute runtime and hence booked tickets for a 6:15pm show. Previously, I had been to a 10:15pm show for Avengers and had nodded off a couple of times during the first half. However, my fears were unfounded as I thorougly enjoyed TDKR, even more than TDK! One of the best movies of recent time - 5/5 from my side!
Old 24th July 2012, 22:55   #4769
rbp
BHPian

Watched TDKR yestarday, the build up in the first half was awesome, the second half too was good, but a little stretched, wish the confrontation between Bane and Batman was bigger. Hats off to Hans Zimmer for the terrific score, he brings the movie to life.

My only grouse the INOX theatre Garuda Mall is nothing great to talk about, the screen is small in size and I wasnt impressed with the image quality and sound either.

Any idea which theatre in BLR has the biggest screen? By the way this was the first movie I have watched in the past two years. Nolan is my favourite director.

5/5 from my side.
Old 25th July 2012, 00:35   #4770
BHPian

I am an ardent fan of Nolan's movies and watched TDKR on friday night show. I did not get the kick while exiting the theater which I felt during Dark knight.

Is it the length of the movie ?
Is it the masked Bane ?
NO intro about Bane but still he is stronger than the Batman with gadgets and professional training and the first ever villain more powerful than Batman (at least physically).
It has become like the spiderman franchise where the 1st version was the best and others followed were duds and also The Matrix triology too.

If i rate TDKR in Nolan's standard i.e., comparing it with his previous movies.

1)Dark Knight
2)Inception
3)TDKR
4)Prestige

I have watched Dark knight and Inception umpteen number of times without blinking every time but I doubt it for TDKR.
But when compared to the normal Hollywood movies getting released now a days, TDKR - is awesome .

There were lots of Rajnikanth Scenes in the movie. Heroism out of no where. No offence to Rajni fans.

ratings - 4/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks