Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:24   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
One must watch "Butterfly on a Wheel" when it will be Telecast on Star Movies next time.
The first 30 mins sounds absurd,then the momentum picks up till the end which is a total climax.Dont
Yeah, I've seen that on Star Movies. Decent movie. About a man & a woman who have an affair. The spouses of these people get together & decide to harass them as much as they have been harassed as a result of their affair.
3/5
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:31   #467
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Another movie i found as good as reading the book is the Bourne trilogy.
Apart from the stunts and the fast paced action, the movies were a disappointment for me.

In the book, the character of David Webb/Jason Bourne has been decribed beautifully by FF. Like all of his novels, the bourne trilogy is full of research and in fact one can learn so much from the data itself.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:44   #468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
In the book, the character of David Webb/Jason Bourne has been decribed beautifully by FF. Like all of his novels, the bourne trilogy is full of research and in fact one can learn so much from the data itself.
FF? Isn't that Robert Ludlum?
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:46   #469
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, that indeed is Ludlum
Old 3rd June 2009, 01:59   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Run Fatboy, Run.

Just finished watching "Run Fatboy Run" - a British comedy directed (surprisingly) by David Schwimmer of Friends. It is apparently the only movie he has directed so far.

Surprising because he is so American and the movie was so very British.
A light-hearted, very clever and funny Brit-com, nothing heavy anywhere in the movie and perfect for a nice fun evening.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-run_fatboy_run_ver4_xlg.jpg

Simon Pegg plays a loser security guard who somehow ends up committing to run a marathon to prove his love to Thandie Newton (you may remember her from Crash.)

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-image.jpg
Harish Patel is completely EXCELLENT and ridiculously funny as the Indian Landlord and Coach Mr. Ghoshdashtidar(!!) - his daughter Maya is played by the sexy India de Beaufort (yes that's her real name!) - a short role but she looks plenty hot.

Overall the movie gets 4 stars from me for just being so very enjoyable. I would recommend it.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd June 2009 at 02:03.
Old 3rd June 2009, 02:32   #471
BHPian

Watched the movie SAW - part 1 and SAW - part 2. Part 1 is better than 2. It is about a guy who kidnaps people and likes seeing them getting tortured. But he kidnaps and tortures people who according to him are kind of not worth living on the earth (For example - Drug addicts, criminals etc). He gives them a time frame to escape. If they are able to escape then they will have to torture themselves if not they will have to die. A must watch for people who like thrillers.

My rating is 4/5.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:40   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Its an awesome movie , i'am sure you'll love it.
the less you hear about the movie the better.
enjoy
Checked out this movie ( The Secret Window). Superb is the word that comes to mind. Johnny Depp was awesome. I like the tone and lilt of his voice and the way he delivers dialogues, quite unique. He is very good at accentricities and he proved it very strongly in this movie.

John Turroro ( The canadian guy in the jail who helps Schwarzennegar in Collateral Damage) was equally good and i enjoyed his southern hick accent.

I was totally taken aback by the sudden twist at the end and then realized it is based on the best thriller/horror writer "Stephen King"

A must watch only for Depp and Turoturo and a short cute appearance of Dutton too.

4/5
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:48   #473
BHPian

Monsters Vs Aliens: I liked it. It is a feel good animation movie. The quality of animation is decent, the voice acting is superb (loved Seth Rogen as voice of B.O.B) and some of the characters are hilarious. The movie sure has its moments, though it is not all good. Good for lots of smiles and a few guffaws. Go see it.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:54   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Just finished watching "Run Fatboy Run" - a British comedy directed (surprisingly) by David Schwimmer of Friends. It is apparently the only movie he has directed so far.

Surprising because he is so American and the movie was so very British.
A light-hearted, very clever and funny Brit-com, nothing heavy anywhere in the movie and perfect for a nice fun evening.

Simon Pegg plays a loser security guard who somehow ends up committing to run a marathon to prove his love to Thandie Newton (you may remember her from Crash.)

Overall the movie gets 4 stars from me for just being so very enjoyable. I would recommend it.
Ya nice funny movie. Hank was his usual self, played his part with ease. If you remember Thandie was in The Pursuit of Happyness too. She's an elegant actor. And the first time i saw Simon Pegg was in this slapstick British movie Hot Fuzz. In all a nice feel good kinda movie.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:04   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

OT Guys :

Mom got me 5 Blue-Ray DVD's from her recent trip.

1. The Devil's Rejects
2. Flight of the Phoenix
3. Wild Hogs
4. S.W.A.T
5. Swordfish

Haven't seen Devils Reject, Swordfish and S.W.A.T. Any reviews?

I can already visualise a few 1080p weekends ahead
Old 4th June 2009, 13:18   #476
BHPian

Swordfish is an awesome movie. Starring Travolta, Hugh Jackman, and Halle Berry. Very nicely presented action/ heist movie. And Helle Berry is hottttt!!!!

S.W.A.T is an ok kinda action flick. IIRC stars colin farrell. Worth a watch. Have fun....
Old 4th June 2009, 14:05   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Mini Review of The Devil's Rejects: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post675737 (The Movie Thread)

Swordfish: Nice movie. Typical Terrorist-trying-to-take-over-the-world plot, except that here they need the best Hacker ever. Enter Hugh Jackman. Travolta plays the oh-so-cool terrorist pretty well. Hale Berry is mostly eye candy, and this being Blu-Ray, there is a particular shot with a LOT of possibility for some really hi-def eye candy *wink*.

S.W.A.T.: Too typical & predictable. Time-pass. Worth watching once. IMHO.
Old 4th June 2009, 15:03   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

@Anurag and Hydrashok, thanks guys.

Hydra, what you mentioned about Berry, i am already drooling, i need to pop that Swordfish BR-DVD in the slot soon

Btw, that link does not take me to the Devils Reject review. Can you paste it here, please? I was reading somewhere that it is a gory and sadistic movie and meant only for pure horror fans. Then i guess its for me
Old 4th June 2009, 22:44   #479
BHPian

just saw this movie called Wasabi on Sony Pix. Its a about a French cop (jean reno) who discovers he has a daughter in japan and then the rest of the story involves action in japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasabi_(film)
i really liked it 3.5/5
Old 4th June 2009, 23:01   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
OT Guys :

I can already visualise a few 1080p weekends ahead
Hope you have a good home theatre. It has a great scene which has to be enjoyed in a big screen.

Travolta is neat. Modern terroist (love the begining of the film)

And mobike; blueDVD gets the censored version :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Mini Review of The Devil's Rejects: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post675737 (The Movie Thread)

Swordfish: Nice movie. Typical Terrorist-trying-to-take-over-the-world plot, except that here they need the best Hacker ever. Enter Hugh Jackman. Travolta plays the oh-so-cool terrorist pretty well. Hale Berry is mostly eye candy, and this being Blu-Ray, there is a particular shot with a LOT of possibility for some really hi-def eye candy *wink*.

S.W.A.T.: Too typical & predictable. Time-pass. Worth watching once. IMHO.
Police vs police. A terrorist makes a deal; anyone who can rescue him from police gets paid a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
just saw this movie called Wasabi on Sony Pix. Its a about a French cop (jean reno) who discovers he has a daughter in japan and then the rest of the story involves action in japan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasabi_(film)
i really liked it 3.5/5
Love the guy. Ought to see this too. Check out 'Leon' if you like him.

Most Viewed