Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 15:15   #5431
Senior - BHPian

Watched the Sound of Music on TV. Unfortunately I missed the first half and only watched from the ball dance scene onwards.

A must watch, specially for the songs and the dialogue. Unfortunately it's quite old.
Old 2nd December 2013, 15:16   #5432
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Saw Frozen on Sunday. 7/10.

Decent one time watch. Almost like a musical. Should be good for kids too.
Took my kid to Frozen yesterday. She likes princess movies in general and Disney does 'em best I guess. I liked the spunk and initiative shown by the protagonist which is in stark contrast to the hapless damsels of yore. But yeah, agree with the rating- it's not something that'll stay with you. Watched it in the last (recliner) row of PVR which is always a delight!
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:28   #5433
BHPian

Watched the documentary Searching for Sugar Man: 9/10
Brilliant work on how one obscure artist in the US became a superstar in Apartheid South Africa and how his fans found him!
Old 2nd December 2013, 20:25   #5434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Watched the Sound of Music on TV. Unfortunately I missed the first half and only watched from the ball dance scene onwards.

A must watch, specially for the songs and the dialogue. Unfortunately it's quite old.
There is a new one on its way
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3141866/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Its not a movie but a live telecast of the play, starring Carrie Underwood.
Old 2nd December 2013, 23:28   #5435
Senior - BHPian

Watched Following Movies

Flight

This was a big disappointment, the plot looked promising & hey it had Denzel Washington. The movie suffers from poor screenplay & slow direction. The movie starts on fast pace but goes downhill, the presence of various characters is not clear. The movie is worth watching only for Denzel, if you are not his fan, avoid completely.

2.5/5

RED 2

This was bang on expectations, it has all the masala that you enjoyed in RED & adds on top of that. If you are thinking its another action/thriller movie comprising of veteran actors like Expendables then you are only partially right. This has veteran actors but is much better than Expendables. For those who dont know RED stands for Retired & Extremely Dangerous. Go figure

4/5
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:03   #5436
Senior - BHPian

Red 2
Very enjoyable. Much better than the first part. Dont set your expectations too high and you will definitely have fun seeing it.
Rating- 4/5

Elysium
They had a good script and they ruined it. Screenplay is bad. Acting is mediocre. Some action scenes are good. Can miss this one easily.
Rating -2/5
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:25   #5437
Senior - BHPian

watched Arlington Road the other day; was just browsing the channels before turning to bed when i bumped into this one playing on Sony Pix (i think).

Jeff Bridges and Tim Robins have done a good job playing their respective roles in the movie. good thriller and a powerful ending.

4/5
Old 10th December 2013, 12:02   #5438

Guys, just like a trip/meet how come there are no movie meets (in our respective cities)? Just a thought...
Old 12th December 2013, 03:35   #5439
Senior - BHPian

Watched Following Movies

The Internship

This was a dissapointing movie. First half has way too much talking by Vince (not surprising when you find out that he wrote the script). The movie is an advert for Google. But overall a very poor screenplay, un-necessary details were shown while important ones were not. Second half is slightly better & kind of watchable. Avoidable but can be watched on home video.

2/5

2 Guns

This one stars Denzel Washington & Mark Wahlberg movie but is a typical Mark Wahlberg movie. Script is average so is direction & screenplay but these two veterans make the movie worth watching.

3/5

Fast & Furious 6

What a sequel, one might wonder how can they build another sequel which would be better than the last one & usually sequels are barely as good as the previous ones but Justin Lin delivers. The movie is totally action packed with its usual races, stunts & surprises.

A must watch for all Fast & Furious fans, don't know what the future is for this series after Paul Walker's demise.

4/5
Old 12th December 2013, 13:05   #5440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Fast & Furious 6

A must watch for all Fast & Furious fans, don't know what the future is for this series after Paul Walker's demise.

4/5
Not really much of an issue for the script writers I believe. If you remember the 3rd movie of the franchise, only Vin Diesel appears in Tokyo at the end, not Paul Walker. They could very well (and probably will) bump his character off the series without any mention in the next set.

Or maybe 1 or 2 more movies ahead, Paul Walker's son (in reel life) could grow up & get involved and they could make some random story about some villain bumping off his father in the past and hence Walker Jr and Toretto uncle join forces to take revenge (Bollywood-ishtyle )

See, there is a lot of future for the series
Old 12th December 2013, 13:37   #5441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Not really much of an issue for the script writers I believe. If you remember the 3rd movie of the franchise, only Vin Diesel appears in Tokyo at the end, not Paul Walker. They could very well (and probably will) bump his character off the series without any mention in the next set.

Or maybe 1 or 2 more movies ahead, Paul Walker's son (in reel life) could grow up & get involved and they could make some random story about some villain bumping off his father in the past and hence Walker Jr and Toretto uncle join forces to take revenge (Bollywood-ishtyle )

See, there is a lot of future for the series
As i remember reading recently Rock has signed a deal for next 3 fast n furious movies. So the serious will definitely continue.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:45   #5442
Team-BHP Support

This is looking good!

The childhood memories of watching Godzilla are still afresh.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:51   #5443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

Wonderful movie - unadultrated entertainment. Fantastic songs. Takes you back to the western europe of the War days.

Yesterday, the lovely actress who played the Baroness in this movie - Eleanor Parker died.

BTW, the hindi movie "Parichay" was inspired by Sound of Music.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:44   #5444
Senior - BHPian

Saw Hunger games catching fire over the last weekend. Movie is nothing much to talk about. plot continuation of part 1. Nothing majorly exciting. this movie can be skipped.

Rating - 2/5
Old 12th December 2013, 15:36   #5445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Not really much of an issue for the script writers I believe. If you remember the 3rd movie of the franchise, only Vin Diesel appears in Tokyo at the end, not Paul Walker. They could very well (and probably will) bump his character off the series without any mention in the next set...
Guess I read that F&F 7 is in progress and Paul Walker was a part of it. Now they will have to tweak the script to factor in his death.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks